Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they could just make the damn lv faster, so you get to the current content faster duh

just cutting numbers but you spend the same time to get to the current lv, what a great idea, nothing will change
    From a technical standpoint, that would be a much more complicated solution. There are so many aspects that go into this decision, including player psychology, which is why that guy called you shortsighted before. A level squish is the optimal route, which is also why it's being considered seriously by Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frood View Post
    From a technical standpoint, that would be a much more complicated solution. There are so many aspects that go into this decision, including player psychology, which is why that guy called you shortsighted before. A level squish is the optimal route, which is also why it's being considered seriously by Blizzard.
    then the problem is not people taking time to get to the current content, you cut numbers but people spend the same time or more doing the same thing regardless, you trick people thinking they are doing a better progressions because you have even less spells to mix in lv up.

you are just losing what you gained through the years, they can do anyway, it will not matter the long run neither will fix the game, cause lv squish without world revamp and a timeskip would be crap
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-09-13 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    then the problem is not people taking time to get to the current content, you cut numbers but people spend the same time or more doing the same thing regardless, you trick people thinking they are doing a better progressions because you have even less spells to mix in lv up.

you are just losing what you gained through the years, they can do anyway, it will not matter the long run neither will fix the game, cause lv squish without world revamp and a timeskip would be crap
    level squish will be with a world revamp

the revamped zones will be like current remade zones where you have a choice on how to experience them since just the cata style remakes were not received well by a portion of the players base

cutting levels in half and grouping some past expansions in the level brackets trying to make the overall feel not be too bad when combined with the scaling tech currently used. Think about if BfA had a cap of only 115 but you still did the same content to cover from 110-120

8.3 is going to make the next expansion kinda obvious since it will be what we use to expand the dragon story as a bridge

a time skip is going to go off of the end of 8.3 and about a 5 year or so skip showing the spread of the old gods influence

black empire invasions should be really fun and the rewards are mint

i think the new class will be seen as either "omg we love it must reroll" by a majority of players or "omg why you no give tinkers this sucks" simply because the playstyle planned is a bit unique

alliead race system has been extremely useful and the number of players leveling things like kul tirans and zandalari is exactly what we wanted to show "give the players a nice reward and they WILL work for it"

cant wait to see peoples reactions to 8.2.5 personally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I don't know that we know for sure what happens if Azeroth does die. Antorus appears to still be there with Argus dead.

On the plus side, if Azeroth does die, there is no purpose for the old gods to be here anymore. That could mean they kill everyone or could mean they just... leave.
    "the fate of azeroth is shared by her children"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    I think the infamous Shadowlands leak just got thoroughly debunked by the latest PTR build. Same for a Black Empire expansion. If we're dealing with Sylvanas in 8.2.5, that points pretty strongly to N'zoth being 8.3.
    I still want next expansion to be about the Dragon Isles, with maybe Shadowlands stuff as a side plot.
    aint that easy to kill an old god after release

half of the races on azeroth serve them one way or another and over the years have only been getting stronger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    in priority:
    -class gameplay rework
    -find a way to recreate a comunity feeling
    -remove wf tf and all the exageration of loot rng
    - return of tier as they should be: 2pc change core rotaion 4pc increase power
    - not so invading leggendary/artifact/azerite system... should be just a balancing lever not core system
    - loot need more importance, so less loot but stronger
    - lfr do not drop tier or good trinket
    - dungeon challenge return, less mythic+
    - profession rework
    - more alt friendly
    - fly when cap lvl instant
    - no new zone, rework all the world
    - stop the crappy turtle/bejewel wq
    planned for most classes
    you guys dont make this easy
    scaling back TF with new currency system and thinking about returning ML
    we hear you loud and clear
    how do you feel about a return of MoP style but more valanyr??
    difficult to pull off early because most players prefer loot rewards over cosmetic
    tried before and failed but have a fun new idea to help
    how about challenge mode rewards in the m+ system
    archeology is getting fixed
    depends on what you mean
    no....but personally i want WotLK style flight where its something used in the content not something used on the content
    50/50
    sooo....umm...you know that really fun mobile app people have probably been playing recently?? welllllll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    in priority:
    -class gameplay rework
    -find a way to recreate a comunity feeling
    -remove wf tf and all the exageration of loot rng
    - return of tier as they should be: 2pc change core rotaion 4pc increase power
    - not so invading leggendary/artifact/azerite system... should be just a balancing lever not core system
    - loot need more importance, so less loot but stronger
    - lfr do not drop tier or good trinket
    - dungeon challenge return, less mythic+
    - profession rework
    - more alt friendly
    - fly when cap lvl instant
    - no new zone, rework all the world
    - stop the crappy turtle/bejewel wq
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    I've read through all the pages I believe, so forgive me if I missed it anywhere in advance. I am curious though, is there even a shred of mention anywhere of Pristine Realms they were talking about back then?

I suppose (inspired by the Classic) that 9.0 would be a perfect time to introduce those, somewhat inspiring people to play all over, especially if they re-design the old world zones, and somewhat keep the "pre-made group finder" for multi-player content, however remove heirlooms, elixirs, LFG and LFR functions.

In my honest opinion, it would embrace the community feeling again and somewhat force people to socialize with one another, do things the harder way and not have everything for granted.

It would help as well if they were to make rares, world quests, bosses and other group content tougher to kill, so players are encouraged to find one another and have fun together without heirlooms and other stuff.

Can't personally think of better time to introduce those than a world revamp. Level squish would come in handy there as well.
    players killed them with a nuke

soooooo many cried for community and less hand holding but when given the idea of something that would help that it went from "we want the community and the soul of the game" to "we dont care give us vanilla" so its been shelved like the readiness stat

5+ Year Old Account
    No. The optimal route is making leveling fun. That's why some people, including me, want a revamp

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    No. The optimal route is making leveling fun. That's why some people, including me, want a revamp
    I never said they were mutually exclusive :-D.

5+ Year Old Account
    I never said they were mutually exclusive :-D.
    True. But if leveling can be fun it is okay for it to be 120 levels or more. Quality is more important than quantity, but it is best to have both.

Ion has stated that Blizzard would like to reduce the amount of time needed to reach current content, and that a level squish would be the way to achieve that. So no, not just numbers. Congratulations on your new & expanded sight.
    Thats not really the point of what the said though.
    The time needed from 1-120 would probably be the same as from 1-60 after a squish.

The thing they want to change is giving rewards when leveling up. Right now you sometimes have 20 levels and more where nothing happens with your character. Sure they could just go back and give every spell ten ranks, but giving out 119 skillpoints of ranks of spells would be to much.

Basically going back to the way your character improved in the game until the end of wotlk.
    People theorize what impact classic has now that is has proven to be popular, but i think this shows that classic has impacted the modern game way before it was released.

5+ Year Old Account
    So any guesses on how the datamined undead nelf will impact 9.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So any guesses on how the datamined undead nelf will impact 9.0?
    As I said in other thread the only way to have Dark Ranger instead of Tinker is through Kaldorei Night Elfs for Alliance and Undeads for Horde as races. This NPC fits the theme (several NPCs are present in Darkshore warfront already & Sylvanas+Nathanos).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonz View Post
    As I said in other thread the only way to have Dark Ranger instead of Tinker is through Kaldorei Night Elfs for Alliance and Undeads for Horde as races. This NPC fits the theme (several NPCs are present in Darkshore warfront already & Sylvanas+Nathanos).
    One can hope. By the way I read today that the Shadowlands AKA where you end up if you die in WoW, was originally planned to be an endgame zone you go to and dead players could have seen high lever players killing mobs and be inspired to get better and join them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibsonz View Post
    like any horde need or want more elves, we already get elf shit with the nightborne.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Undead Night Elves are probably part of Sylvanas', well let's call it like it is, New Scourge. It's for sure not playable, someone found the armor is literally grafted onto their model so it's not using the UPS.

Also apparently a new title "Veteran of the Fourth War" which should put to bed Shadowlands once and for all.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    level squish will be with a world revamp

the revamped zones will be like current remade zones where you have a choice on how to experience them since just the cata style remakes were not received well by a portion of the players base

cutting levels in half and grouping some past expansions in the level brackets trying to make the overall feel not be too bad when combined with the scaling tech currently used. Think about if BfA had a cap of only 115 but you still did the same content to cover from 110-120

8.3 is going to make the next expansion kinda obvious since it will be what we use to expand the dragon story as a bridge

a time skip is going to go off of the end of 8.3 and about a 5 year or so skip showing the spread of the old gods influence

black empire invasions should be really fun and the rewards are mint

i think the new class will be seen as either "omg we love it must reroll" by a majority of players or "omg why you no give tinkers this sucks" simply because the playstyle planned is a bit unique

alliead race system has been extremely useful and the number of players leveling things like kul tirans and zandalari is exactly what we wanted to show "give the players a nice reward and they WILL work for it"

cant wait to see peoples reactions to 8.2.5 personally

- - - Updated - - -

"the fate of azeroth is shared by her children"

- - - Updated - - -

aint that easy to kill an old god after release

half of the races on azeroth serve them one way or another and over the years have only been getting stronger

- - - Updated - - -

planned for most classes
    you guys dont make this easy
    scaling back TF with new currency system and thinking about returning ML
    we hear you loud and clear
    how do you feel about a return of MoP style but more valanyr??
    difficult to pull off early because most players prefer loot rewards over cosmetic
    tried before and failed but have a fun new idea to help
    how about challenge mode rewards in the m+ system
    archeology is getting fixed
    depends on what you mean
    no....but personally i want WotLK style flight where its something used in the content not something used on the content
    50/50
    sooo....umm...you know that really fun mobile app people have probably been playing recently?? welllllll

- - - Updated - - -

players killed them with a nuke

soooooo many cried for community and less hand holding but when given the idea of something that would help that it went from "we want the community and the soul of the game" to "we dont care give us vanilla" so its been shelved like the readiness stat
    Is this supossed to be a leak or...?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Undead Night Elves are probably part of Sylvanas', well let's call it like it is, New Scourge. It's for sure not playable, someone found the armor is literally grafted onto their model so it's not using the UPS.

Also apparently a new title "Veteran of the Fourth War" which should put to bed Shadowlands once and for all.
    Thank god for that. But I don't think the Undead Night Elf needs to look playable. I mean it is just a preview. If they become playable in 9.0 as an allied race or as a Night Elf Dark Ranger, they don't have to have playable models now. Do they?

wow 2.0 video was really good hope blizz is working on that idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Is this supossed to be a leak or...?
    At least it's way more believable than the Shadowland leak. It gives the big lines without giving details. Details tends to change a lot during dev time so any leak with really specific details i tend to just brush them off fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Additional curious art: New PTR background on Battle.net

Anyone's guess if this is tied to BFA, Classic, 9.0, or something else entirely so here y'all go.

(credit to Marlmin)
    Patch 8.2.5, my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just Alliance vs Horde shit. Looks like classic BFA stuff to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    At least it's way more believable than the Shadowland leak. It gives the big lines without giving details. Details tends to change a lot during dev time so any leak with really specific details i tend to just brush them off fast.
    I think they did post a kind of leak thing in a thread

I agree about the community part though

I was looking forward to pristine realms

Also the TF remake with currency is the best solution

People are expecting way too much from a company that consistently does the bare minimum.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    People are expecting way too much from a company that consistently does the bare minimum.
    They think it is the maximum cause they don't know any better. They need to play more games.