10+ Year Old Account
    I’m disappointed the leaks have stopped. I always get interested in seeing them. And as is tradition, there is always one real leak mixed with the fake ones. Which we never really know what it is until later

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I’m disappointed the leaks have stopped. I always get interested in seeing them. And as is tradition, there is always one real leak mixed with the fake ones. Which we never really know what it is until later
    There will be plenty closer to Blizzcon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    You know, 8.3 might just be nothing more than a raid. If it's one that doesn't need new art creating for it, how long does it take to put one together?
    I could buy it. Essences strikes me as a 8.3 twist feature Ala shipyards and the crucible that launched early to fight bad press.

But I think we get at least one new zone. They need to get us to N'zoth somehow.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Probably worth pointing out that they deliberately added an entire massive raid area under Orgrimmar rather than just having the raid be the city.
    They might not have done that, had Grommash Hold not been right at the front door.

But I think we get at least one new zone. They need to get us to N'zoth somehow.
    We might not go to N'Zoth; he could come to us.

There's what looks like it could be an instance portal reference on the map in the Chamber of Heart, so if he goes after the World-Soul directly, the end raid might be us trying to get there before he does.

And if Sylvanas is still knocking around by then, I'd expect the end cutscene to be her popping up and turning the World-Soul undead to stop it from dying.
    Last edited by Blayze; 2019-09-22 at 11:00 PM.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

So, after “9.0 was scrapped”, we now have “9.0 will be a raid of reused assets”?
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    turning the World-Soul undead to stop it from dying.
    As far as I remember the only person shown to direct convert is Arthas when he's making Val'kyr. So the world soul would still just be dying and being brought back. Also being undead doesn't make you immune to dying, so it wouldn't actually accomplish much.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I miss bjoramier.
    Oh yeah, he's playing Classic now. Want an inv to the Discord server me and him are in?

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Oh yeah, he's playing Classic now. Want an inv to the Discord server me and him are in?
    Yes please.

Of all the "leaks," you can spot them a mile away because they don't include very basic things Blizzard is dedicated to continuing:

N'zoth
    *This is the one thing the "leaks" gets right. N'zoth is obviously the villain of the next expansion. And they didn't want to say N'zoth was the villain of BFA because it would be disappointing to not defeat the big bad at the end of the expansion. Though we can expect some fan-service for 8.3 in the same way we did Siege of Org at the end of Mists

Mechanics
    *They had some plan for Warfronts. What they are in BFA was just a prototype. Maybe next expansion we'll get a PvP version. There are also files for a Silvermoon, Azshara & Mulgore warfronts which will likely come into play before 9.0. Not a huge priority but it's biggest purpose was giving the original races sets of badly needed racial-aesthetic armor & structures.
    *I saw one proposal that instead of coming up with new class abilities, that in 9.0 players get a second class. Not unlike what the latest Dungeon Run in Hearthstone did. Instead of new abilities, a max level player gets an ability from the other class while in a different spec. A Priest/Death-Knight would get a Battle Rez while in Holy. Or A Shaman/Monk could get Aspect of the Crane while Enhancement. This would appease all the players who complain about having to change class for guild reasons but don't want to start their Reputation grind over, without getting rid of the appeal of alts entirely.
    *Another good idea I saw thrown around was now that classes have anywhere between 2 to 4 specs, they start giving classes new specs. They wouldn't even have to do this at any uniform rate. Just new specs whenever they get a new idea for a playstyle.

Narrative
    *Lich King (not Arthas, Bolvar) was in this expansion. That was weird? They introduced her secret daughter for seemingly no reason? I expect that come up again.
    *Calia. I don't know where they're going with her. She doesn't like the Horde so I don't see her becoming a replacement for Sylvanas. There was also datamined flavor banter for a Resurgence of the Scarlet Brotherhood, where they spread propaganda against her & Jaina's undead brother (who were apparently paramours when they were alive?)
    *Silithus. I've said it before but doesn't it look like Sargeras' Sword is just begging to be a raid instance? It's even got its own portal.

Pre-Order
    *Since the BFA pre-order made obscene amounts of money by granting Allied races it's safe to assume they'll be repeating this for the eighth expansion. They revealed 8 new allied races even if it took the most recent one almost 2 years to be open to players.
    *Arkoan, Vulpera, Gilgoblin & Mechagnomes fit the niche that Nightborne, Highmountain tauren, Void Elves & Lightforged Draenei did, complete with their own corresponding reputations.
    *The other 4 are harder to predict since there will likely be tied to to theming of the next expansion. But Forsaken Blood Elves & Forsaken Night Elves are already popular. As well as I'm sure Alliance players have been wanting Vyrkul for years. There are even some new Undead Night Elves in the 8.2.5 datamine. Might Sylvanas & her valkyr be returning to Darnassus?
    Last edited by Ersula; 2019-09-23 at 12:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Of all the "leaks," you can spot them a mile away because they don't include very basic things Blizzard is dedicated to continuing:

N'zoth
    *This is the one thing the "leaks" gets right. N'zoth is obviously the villain of the next expansion. And they didn't want to say N'zoth was the villain of BFA because it would be disappointing to not defeat the big bad at the end of the expansion. Though we can expect some fan-service for 8.3 in the same way we did Siege of Org at the end of Mists.
    I am going to laugh when 8.3 is Ny'alotha and N'zoth is soundly defeated.

5+ Year Old Account
    whatever happened to the bear guy. the guy with the bear avatar that was yelling or something

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    whatever happened to the bear guy. the guy with the bear avatar that was yelling or something
    Are you talking about Ulfar the thornspeaker leader in Drustvar who you can talk to as a Hunter asking about the animals that look like part plant and he scoffs and asks if you're looking for a new pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

N'zoth
    *This is the one thing the "leaks" gets right. N'zoth is obviously the villain of the next expansion. And they didn't want to say N'zoth was the villain of BFA because it would be disappointing to not defeat the big bad at the end of the expansion. Though we can expect some fan-service for 8.3 in the same way we did Siege of Org at the end of Mists
    This is actually the biggest red flag that a leak is fake. The entire expac has been building up to N'zoth. We have been teased and told by Blizz several times he's the endboss.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    This is actually the biggest red flag that a leak is fake. The entire expac has been building up to N'zoth. We have been teased and told by Blizz several times he's the endboss.
    No we haven't. He's clearly the villain. But he will be the villain for the next expansion. They're not going to kill N'zoth off in one expansion, especially in one farting around with island bullshit. His forces are too great, just like we had two whole expansions dedicated to fighting the burning legion

no clearly nzoth is the villain of the next expansion and not sylvanas, i mean nzoth is at the blizzcon poster etc.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    no clearly nzoth is the villain of the next expansion and not sylvanas, i mean nzoth is at the blizzcon poster etc.
    I mean Garrosh(?) isn't really the villain of WoD, and Jaina isn't really the villain of BfA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Are you talking about Ulfar the thornspeaker leader in Drustvar who you can talk to as a Hunter asking about the animals that look like part plant and he scoffs and asks if you're looking for a new pet?
    nah im talking about a user on this forum. he was a cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I don't think we'll be fighting him directly yet, I think we will be dealing with something that is the result of his corrupting (and in a way, dealing with him as the end boss because of his involvement).

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    So, after “9.0 was scrapped”, we now have “9.0 will be a raid of reused assets”?
    Gotta stay being negative.