Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Just like Jaina is the villain of BFA????
    She is one of them yes.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    She is one of them yes.
    Jaina wasn't remotely villainous in BFA, in fact they dedicated most of their story glossing over her previously villainous behavior. I would have said Sylvanas & Jaina as polarizing antagonists for an expansion would have been a great idea, but Jaina was portrayed like Jesus Christ

I hope they make way more things account wide... like reputations, gold etc. Regardless of if we get a "WoW 2.0" or regular expansion in 9.0.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh god, imagine if Sylvanas raised Tiffin.
    Oh my god, i didn't even think of that.

Seeing Anduins face when he realizes his mother is a walking corpse would be hilarious.

Formerly known as Arafal

Man, some people just live to bash on Anduin. How would it be funny for him to see his mother turned into a Forsaken?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'd call it hilarious but I guess I am not that jaded.
    Does Anduin even remember his mother? He must have been an infant when she died, or not?
    My mind is fucked up beyond measure.
    I blame Sylvanas.

Anyways.
    Ye, he was an infant when she died.
    However he does have her locket and a painting of her holding him as a baby and i imagine Varian would've told him all about her.

He'd still feel the harsh emotional Trauma of seeing the mother he never got in the shape of an insane necromantic monster.

Just imagine an Encounter in the Graveyard.
    Tiffin gets raised and starts calling out to Anduin.
    Anduin trying to desperately help her only to get attacked, leaving him no choice but to kill her.

It'd be so glorious!
    It'd be so sad!
    It'd be so gloriously sad!

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Then Anduin's balls finally descent and he remembers that
    a) Sylvanas is Undead
    b) He can cast Shackle
    And Deviantart proclaims BfA best expansion.

I'm strongly feeling cross-faction playability if not factions gone coming up in 9.0 with today's patch.

I'm most interested in the Alliance/Horde symbols they added at the character select screen. I wonder if this is just sprucing it up since they also colored the class names with it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    I'm strongly feeling cross-faction playability if not factions gone coming up in 9.0 with today's patch.

I'm most interested in the Alliance/Horde symbols they added at the character select screen. I wonder if this is just sprucing it up since they also colored the class names with it.
    Those icons make me think factions aren't going away. They can't go away, even if they go the full soft reboot route and make all old expansions optional content, they can't revamp them all to strip out all faction references.

It'll probably just be cross-faction grouping.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Those icons make me think factions aren't going away. They can't go away, even if they go the full soft reboot route and make all old expansions optional content, they can't revamp them all to strip out all faction references.

Everyone talked about potentially adding a 3rd faction, my brother wonders if they aren't doing for cause interestingly enough, they split them up the same way they did Warcraft races. You have the Alliance (Humans), the Horde (Orcs), Undead, and Night Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Everyone talked about potentially adding a 3rd faction, my brother wonders if they aren't doing for cause interestingly enough, they split them up the same way they did Warcraft races. You have the Alliance (Humans), the Horde (Orcs), Undead, and Night Elves.
    A 3rd faction is probably the opposite of what Blizzard wants. Centralized story telling with one faction could probably make the best story telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    A 3rd faction is probably the opposite of what Blizzard wants. Centralized story telling with one faction could probably make the best story telling.
    Queue times. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    More factions also makes factions imbalances a lot worse, there's already a significant brain drain from Alliance->Horde that has been snowballing for expansions, adding a third faction would just hurt the non-Horde playerbase.

The icons could determine stuff like your eligibility for old quests or who you are fighting in war mode. And how far would cross-faction grouping go? Would it just be for LFR/LFD? Could I invite someone I see out in the world or on my friend's list? Could Alliance and Horde players be in the same guild?

I'm surprised people haven't been bringing up that 5th Old God from Chronicle v3 more in the wake of Sylvanas' comments to the loyalist. Since it was specifically depicted as surrounded by the bones of the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm surprised people haven't been bringing up that 5th Old God from Chronicle v3 more in the wake of Sylvanas' comments to the loyalist. Since it was specifically depicted as surrounded by the bones of the dead.
    I know some speculation of xal'atath being an old god defeated before the titans arrived, or some that point to the existance of a fifth, but i haven't heard that yet.
    I also don't own chronicle v3. Do you mind going a bit into detail?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I know some speculation of xal'atath being an old god defeated before the titans arrived, or some that point to the existance of a fifth, but i haven't heard that yet.
    I also don't own chronicle v3. Do you mind going a bit into detail?
    Each volume of Chronicle has 2 pages of abstract art depicting various wow things, one at the very start of the book (right after the title page) and one at the very end of the book (right after the last page of the index). They're like collages based on a certain thematic like the elements of Draenor, the Scourge and Nerubians, the wild gods and Andrassil(?), etc.

One of V3's two pictures is Old God themed.

That picture has C'thun (in the center), Yogg-saron (bottom left), Y'shaarj (left side) and N'zoth (bottom right)--but it also very specifically has a 5th, cthulhu like entity top right that does not correspond to any of the specifically known Old Gods. Each of them is surrounded by stuff somewhat related to them or their domains, Yogg surrounded by spikes of ice, N'zoth by waves, C'thun by the ruins of AQ, (Y'shaarj takes up his entire section). The 5th entity is uniquely surrounded on both sides by piles of skeletons.

Last edited by Hitei; 2019-09-26 at 10:33 PM.

Probably Knaifu. Nathanos had the knife for some reason, Xal herself says her brothers turned on her and ripped her to pieces. Clearly she is an enemy of the "living" Old Gods and would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Probably Knaifu. Nathanos had the knife for some reason, Xal herself says her brothers turned on her and ripped her to pieces. Clearly she is an enemy of the "living" Old Gods and would make sense.
    That has always been my assumption, that it was soft confirmation of Xal being a fallen 5th Old God. But the imagery chosen is interesting in the wake of current events.

Nathanos was given the knife by Sylvanas, who got it from the Horde champion who was compelled to take the blade to her from the Crucible of Storms, where (part of) N'zoth was in possession of it. It's clear that part of the reason for that was to make the bargain with Azshara (wherein the Heart of Azeroth is sent to Nazjatar so N'zoth could be freed).

I find it interesting that Sylvanas' powers look extremely void based in the recent cinematic, particularly interesting when Xal'atath's signature ability was void torrent. In fact the power circling her hand when she first speaks to Saurfang even whispers in a manner nearly identical to shadow priests' sound effects.

Imo Sylvanas is firmly void camp now, hence the entire entropic everything is going to die, there's only the end of things, nothing lasts, etc. rhetoric. Which I think really means that people read way, way, way too hard into the whispers trying to convince Alleria to kill her sister, or the player character to attack Sylvanas.

-

Which is really interesting when you consider Anduin is set up to be the champion of the Light and one day the leader of its armies.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-09-26 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void and Death don't mix well. Now if an Old God had betrayed void in favor of death...

Void and Death don't mix well.
    Says who? Certainly not the game or lore, where void magic can be used to perform literal necromancy.