7+ Year Old Account
    oh well guys, remember that blizzcon would just announce 8.3 and nothing more? since they announce 8.3 now there is nothing to show of wow on blizzcon except the mobile game, guess is a rly good mobile game to put the devs so hyped for wow on blizzcon

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How dare you summon the 5th Old God in this place.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    oh well guys, remember that blizzcon would just announce 8.3 and nothing more? since they announce 8.3 now there is nothing to show of wow on blizzcon except the mobile game, guess is a rly good mobile game to put the devs so hyped for wow on blizzcon

wut?, am i missing the sarcasm or is this real xd, actually nvm the kappa face confirms it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Now if only WoW had characters worth dating.
    Jaina, Kadghar, Wrathion, Aysa, Taelia, Flynn and the list goes on.....

I would totally date WC3 or vanilla Jaina, but current .. eh

and its not because she is older (she still banging !), but she is different now + there is the Kalecgos thing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Dragon Isles has had more reference as a location than any sort of death realm. We can easily have a world revamp expansion with Dragon Isles as zones (because cata theme: ESPECIALLY after they make it clear that Nzoth was Deathwing's master) AND deal with the death stuff in later patches.

They did it in Legion (Elf/Tauren Fun feat. Vrykul ---> DEMONS) and BFA (Pirate/Troll Fun --> OLD GODS) so they'll do it again.
    True could definitely see it happening this way.

Either that or Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    I would totally date WC3 or vanilla Jaina, but current .. eh

and its not because she is older (she still banging !), but she is different now + there is the Kalecgos thing ...
    I don't know I mean at least right now she shows up when necessary but in Warcraft 3 she was running late despite having the ability to teleport

- - - Updated - - -

you know there are many games that have a relationship mechanic between characters and I'm not saying that's I would personally date my Friends character just because it's female void elf but if they added a stat buff like the pay to win games I would probably make him feel very very insecure about his sexuality because there would be all sorts of / kisses after we made the relationship end game official and I got my stat buffs and then refuse to play with him at any point in time without sending the required in game mail with the kissy faces

5+ Year Old Account
    Like Tess? Or Lorna? Or Gwen? Come to think of it, all the Gilnean chicks are pretty datable.

Not really waifu material, but Taoshi gets a point for dat voice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

you know there are many games that have a relationship mechanic between characters and I'm not saying that's I would personally date my Friends character just because it's female void elf but if they added a stat buff like the pay to win games I would probably make him feel very very insecure about his sexuality because there would be all sorts of / kisses after we made the relationship end game official and I got my stat buffs and then refuse to play with him at any point in time without sending the required in game mail with the kissy faces
    Date? How about marry?

https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/eter...?lng=en&rgn=na

7+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Isles has had more reference as a location than any sort of death realm. We can easily have a world revamp expansion with Dragon Isles as zones (because cata theme: ESPECIALLY after they make it clear that Nzoth was Deathwing's master) AND deal with the death stuff in later patches.

They did it in Legion (Elf/Tauren Fun feat. Vrykul ---> DEMONS) and BFA (Pirate/Troll Fun --> OLD GODS) so they'll do it again.
    Are you sure? The only canonical reference to them has been in BfA. Prior to that only on concept artwork (which is not canonical since it didn't make it in the game) and a bunch of speculation that it was on the World map, but nothing confirmed.

Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles

While death realm/shadowrealm has references all the time. Shadowlands is often referenced as Death realm
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowlands
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansion can be anything at this point, there are at least 2 very viable paths to continue - Void Lords and Death/Shadowlands. I, personally, hope for Void Lords with Sylvanas skulking around for the next expansion.

Dragon Isles will be nothing more than a single zone, if at all.

its waaaaaay too early for Void Lords

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    its waaaaaay too early for Void Lords
    Depends. The whole Red Star in the sky thing premonitions do point at that direction and we do have Locus-Walker and Shadowguard chilling for some time now.

IMO, Ion quite directly telling us to look at the red star in the sky and the moment it disappears leading to something bad like half a year ago, does sort of point into Void Lord direction, otherwise why would he just toss that remark out of blue.

It's a tease remark and IMO it's meant to tease something that will come soon enough.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Depends. The whole Red Star in the sky thing premonitions do point at that direction and we do have Locus-Walker and Shadowguard chilling for some time now.

IMO, Ion quite directly telling us to look at the red star in the sky and the moment it disappears leading to something bad like half a year ago, does sort of point into Void Lord direction, otherwise why would he just toss that remark out of blue.

It's a tease remark and IMO it's meant to tease something that will come soon enough.
    And then what? We learn that the Void Lords just want a Dark Titan to fight an even bigger threat?

New Lore: We just learned that there are also Void Ladies and they can't be damaged by anything beside a Dark Titan. Or a sufficiently geared adventurer

Jokes aside, we need to slow down or there won't be any credible threats to face.

Remember when it was once believed that Zandalar and Kul Tiras would just be single zones in a South Seas island expansion? Blizz could totally turn the Dragon Isles into an expansion setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

That was afrasiabi not ion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    Remember when it was once believed that Zandalar and Kul Tiras would just be single zones in a South Seas island expansion? Blizz could totally turn the Dragon Isles into an expansion setting.
    To be fair, neither one of them was the sole expansion continent, but they were bunched together and new zones and things were added to the lore from them without even using everything we knew about the so far (Crestfall not being a zone).
    And they had to backtrack a bit on the part of Zandalar sinking from Cata, while it is the case in Nazmir, Voldun and Zuldazar don't suffer very much.

I agree that because canon we only have that one quest pointing towards Dragon Isles (the BfA island expedition quest) and nothing else it gives them a lot of freedom to what it could be. Also, from the name we know that there is more than just one island.

My personal hope is some kind of floating archipelago, preferably each island, or some of them, being on the backs of huge dragon of a new dragonflight in the style of the recent cash shop mount.

To be fair, I dont see Shadowlands happening either as an expansion setting.

People were already expecting Argus as an expansion, the Black Empire with Nyalotha, or South Seas which is pretty much Island Expeditions. Nazjatar didnt get a own expansion either despite Azshara being more than decent enough for a whole threat with N'zoth to lead into a Black Empire expansion.

Dragon Isles will never be a expansion setting. It will be a x.3 zone or general zone at best. People just fanboy dragons too hard to understand this imo.

I feel like we are far, far off from what expansion comes next. Plus, I dont really want to see Sylvanas for yet another 2 years, I think 4 years in a row are more than enough. She should disappear cuz her plans failed or take pokemondagger N'zoth with her and plan some stuff for later expansions.

If they turn Sylvanas good or neutral for whatever reason I think I'll just straight up give up with WoW lore.

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post

People were already expecting Argus as an expansion, the Black Empire with Nyalotha, or South Seas which is pretty much Island Expeditions.
    Regardless of BFAs marketing, Kul Tiras + Zandalar + Nazjatar + assorted islands like Crestfall = South Seas expansion. Nobody in their right mind thought Nazjatar would be stretched out into a whole expansion (and if you did I'm sorry for you). BFA has every single area predicted for a SS expansion minus Zuldare and Plunder Isle.

Also, if Shadowlands and Dragon Isles aren't 9.0s new areas... care to share the mystery landmass that WOULD be? Tel'abim?

7+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of BFAs marketing, Kul Tiras + Zandalar + Nazjatar + assorted islands like Crestfall = South Seas expansion. Nobody in their right mind thought Nazjatar would be stretched out into a whole expansion (and if you did I'm sorry for you). BFA has every single area predicted for a SS expansion minus Zuldare and Plunder Isle.

Also, if Shadowlands and Dragon Isles aren't 9.0s new areas... care to share the mystery landmass that WOULD be? Tel'abim?
    Other side of Azeroth!!! (Which I hope so we get another golden era "breath of fresh air" expansion like MoP was for the most part)

Making it canon could give them enough possibilities for at leas a few more future expansions with fresh lore.

I guess I understood South Seas badly then, because I always associated it with traveling with an actual usable boat that you can manage and can control, not the low effort version we as usual got with BfA. Which is also why I said they are pretty much Island Expeditions, where you actually explore the South Seas by yourself, but as I said, made poorly.

I never said Shadowlands nor Dragon Isles ARENT new areas, I just said they wont be an GENERAL EXPANSION idea. They wont make an Expansion called "Shadowlands", the focus will be something else. They wont make an expansion called "Return of the Dragons" or whatever, it will be something else.

They will be sidekicks, like Nazjatar is to BfA.

And Naga and Azshara with Nazjatar being an expansion wouldnt be too hard to stretch. Considering how supposed to be big all the cities are lorewise they could make expansions on cities alone if they wish.

And for the new areas? We wont get any. We will get whole Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms revamped, maybe with Elemental Lords playing a role again or threat X.
    Atleast not with 9.0.