The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Eww no. It's a good thing they didn't follow that line of reason in the past or we would've gotten Northrend as one zone. Same for Broken Isles.
    That's the line of thought that would have given us a Classic with EK, Kalimdor, Northrend, Outland, and the Emerald Dream.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    This might’ve been already mentioned, sorry for asking again, if that’s the case.

With the recent announcement that N’Zoth(in some capacity) is the last boss of the supposedly last patch of BfA, how can they announce new expansion without massive spoilers?

Unless it’s something super unrelated like “while we were battling old gods something-something happened somewhere-somewhere”. Proud to announce next expansion World of Warcraft: Lords of somewhere”
    BfA was announced before Antorus was even open to players, for what its worth.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If there's anything there it's encrypted.
    Dude, what's the point of hint if it would be encrypted?

Maybe we won't get any this time around. With 8.3 PTR and at least one more build before Blizzcon we have lot to talk about next 3 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    This might’ve been already mentioned, sorry for asking again, if that’s the case.

With the recent announcement that N’Zoth(in some capacity) is the last boss of the supposedly last patch of BfA, how can they announce new expansion without massive spoilers?

Unless it’s something super unrelated like “while we were battling old gods something-something happened somewhere-somewhere”. Proud to announce next expansion World of Warcraft: Lords of somewhere”
    Same as always. They work under the fair assumption that those coming to Blizzcon or have Virtual Ticket are on the ball already and know that we kick Nzoth's ass in 8.3, so no big surprise there.

Just like they announced BFA before 7.3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dude, what's the point of hint if it would be encrypted?

Maybe we won't get any this time around. With 8.3 PTR and at least one more build before Blizzcon we have lot to talk about next 3 weeks.
    They for sure have some hints there, they are just very well veiled usually. Like that Cloak of Suramar dropping last patch from Kazzak in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Same as always. They work under the fair assumption that those coming to Blizzcon or have Virtual Ticket are on the ball already and know that we kick Nzoth's ass in 8.3, so no big surprise there.

Just like they announced BFA before 7.3.

- - - Updated - - -

They for sure have some hints there, they are just very well veiled usually. Like that Cloak of Suramar dropping last patch from Kazzak in WoD.
    7.3 released 2 months before bfa announcement. While Antorus wasn’t released to public, the storyline waS pretty much done

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Are you sure? The only canonical reference to them has been in BfA. Prior to that only on concept artwork (which is not canonical since it didn't make it in the game) and a bunch of speculation that it was on the World map, but nothing confirmed.

Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Isles

While death realm/shadowrealm has references all the time. Shadowlands is often referenced as Death realm
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shadowlands
    Shadowlands is canonically just our world but grey

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Which lines up really nicely with this new Horrific Visions system for a 9.0 feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though I’m inclined to agree with others. A lot of 8.3 looks like clever reuse of assets. Meaning they are working heavily on 9.0. Which I’m all for. Here is to hoping it is indeed a world revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Which lines up really nicely with this new Horrific Visions system for a 9.0 feature.
    The visions are alternate reality

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm still of the belief that the next expansion will be called "WoW: The Deep Below" where we go underground to fight the remnants of the Old Gods and cleanse Azeroth's heart once and for all.
    We already have broadcast text from Alleria and Turyalon after you defeat N'Zoth that says he's dead. It's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    We already have broadcast text from Alleria and Turyalon after you defeat N'Zoth that says he's dead. It's finished.
    The text only says defeated, not dead. Besides, remember Y'shaarj's remains in MoP. Killing them doesn't just make the issue disappear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The visions are alternate reality
    An alternate reality overlaid onto existing zones for the purposes of repeatable content.

Im saying Shadowlands Expeditions are the next Horrific Visions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just like the dream was supposed to be our world but without signs of civilizations that grew in it.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Just like the dream was supposed to be our world but without signs of civilizations that grew in it.
    just like both the feywild and shadowfell from dnd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    just like both the feywild and shadowfell from dnd
    Feywild sounds cooler than what we got at least.

5+ Year Old Account
    I know we just got mechagnomes, but looking at this last patch, Dark Rangers are just as likely as Tinkers, if not more so.

Also, we are going after Sylvanas. Even Azshara wants to kill off Sylvanas.

Azshara wants to kill everyone that isnt willing to be her slave

I will believe Sylvanas' perma-death if I can loot her cold corpse and not before .. doubt Blizz will ever do it

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

I will believe Sylvanas' perma-death if I can loot her cold corpse and not before .. doubt Blizz will ever do it
    So, I guess Garrosh is still alive cause we can't loot him? That's...flawed logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

Sylvanas will be Kerrigan 2.0 easy and Death will be the Zerg. That comic really gave that away with this whole Void being apparently terrified of her.

I can only imagine that Death is some sort of hard counter to Void and we will see it eventually come to pass.

I just want a Death faction

or even ANY faction system (even if it allows to group together) that isnt Horde-Alliance