10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    I will keep what him and I have discussed confidential, but it is I who will be laughing at you
    As long as you never say something concise you can always say "see I was totally right" afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You would still be playing the same character presumably, so the idea of the new generation taking over is already on shaky ground.

Still though, as i mentioned above. Not a hige problem. I would just scale the years back, you would still have essentially the same idea, just less problematic.
    It's the player's choice. The way I imagine it, starting a new level 1 and enjoy the expansion would be as feasible as keeping your post-retirement veteran. Under this scenario, even the usual expansion level boosts wouldn't be necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    I agree with most stuff.

What i would add to the list is a system, that allows you to dye armor and weapons.
    I think this is a little harder to do unless Blizzard introduces a new system for gear and implements dye only in the new pieces.

And aside from that, i think at some point we need either the already existing continents of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms (or Northrend and Pandaria too for that matter) to be larger, so the devs get more room to put content there, or we need new continents where for example the Mag'har and their Gronnlings, Ogron and Gronn could settle. Or both.
    The way I see it, the new Kalimdor/EK wouldn't just be a phase over the old ones, but new continents. Blizzard could copy/paste the continents then change the new ones in radical ways. Merge, divide or redefine zones entirely.
    Whatever...

EXP_08

World of Warcraft : Endbringer
    Max level 70
    Level squish happening. Current 120 will be 60
    Outlands and old Northrend moved to CoT
    2 new races, Vykrul and Tuskarr
    Will start at lvl 10, no unlock, heritage armor if exalted with new rep
    No new class
    No longer limited to 2 professions
    New DK start, old one can be redone like allied race scenarios
    New AP is Heroic Essence
    Unlocks spells for your class, upgrade for new spell effects
    Heroic Essence will bring customization and flavor to your class
    Hunters can get Dark Ranger abilities, they will be themed around the expansion
    New ones will be added later you can swap out
    New continent is Northrend revamped
    Many zones changed since Cataclysm
    Zul’drak gone, Sholozar frozen, new ruins in Ulduar
    Hyjal and Lordaeron revamped, new hubs
    Sylvanas is the boss of 8.1 in Icecrown
    She wants to kill Bolvar and unleash the Scourge to kill all of Azeroth
    Tyrande missing
    The first Night Warrior reappears
    Demon Hunters working with Mal’ganis?
    Lots of romance stories added

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    To each their own i guess, still though. 10 years seems to me to be a bit excessive anyways. Events obviously need to happen in-game at some point, but 10 years is the kind of span of time that could be filled by an entirely new game potentially. I would really just caution reducing the timeskip to 1 year, maybe 2 at a stretch.
    The largest time skip I can see happening is 3 years, anything beyond, feels untenable. Time skips mo matter what always bring up “what happened in the interim?”
    Last edited by Directionalk9; 2019-10-19 at 03:28 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Meh, my money is still on Undermine.
    or the Old Kingdom...
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I'll bite.

Quote Originally Posted by zanotas View Post
    EXP_08

World of Warcraft : Endbringer
    Right off the bat, terrible name for an expansion.

Max level 70
    Level squish happening. Current 120 will be 60
    Makes sense, that's probably how they would do it. This is nothing new or groundbreaking, almost every single leak has proposed the exact same thing.

Outlands and old Northrend moved to CoT
    Uhh... Why?

2 new races, Vykrul and Tuskarr
    Will start at lvl 10, no unlock, heritage armor if exalted with new rep
    They better be neutral then, or at least give Tuskarr to Horde. I'm tired of getting the shitty races as Alliance.

No new class
    Not buying it.

No longer limited to 2 professions
    Literally no one asked for this change, but okay. Market will be utterly destroyed.

New DK start, old one can be redone like allied race scenarios
    Okay, fair enough. We already know they're revamping the DK starting area or at least making some changes to it.

New AP is Heroic Essence
    Unlocks spells for your class, upgrade for new spell effects
    Heroic Essence will bring customization and flavor to your class
    Another leak that can't come up with a believable AP system so they just reuse the current one. Sounds terrible.

Hunters can get Dark Ranger abilities, they will be themed around the expansion
    New ones will be added later you can swap out
    Okay, cool I guess. Now people can stop asking for a Dark Ranger class/race.

New continent is Northrend revamped
    Explains half of the bit about CoT. Why is Outlands getting binned though?

Many zones changed since Cataclysm
    Assuming this is referring to a partial world revamp.

Zul’drak gone, Sholozar frozen, new ruins in Ulduar
    I'd actually enjoy a revamped Northrend without Zul'Drak, so I'm all for it. Sounds interesting.

Hyjal and Lordaeron revamped, new hubs
    I can actually see this happening. Nordrassil for Night Elves, Lordaeron Ruins for Forsaken. Now where's our Gnomeregan and Gilneas? They've been a lot longer without a capital city...

Sylvanas is the boss of 8.1 in Icecrown
    She wants to kill Bolvar and unleash the Scourge to kill all of Azeroth
    I assume you mean 9.1. I don't really give a single shit about Sylvanas at this point so I don't care what her role is, but this does sound somewhat plausible.

Tyrande missing
    Okay...

The first Night Warrior reappears
    Isn't Tyrande the "first Night Warrior"?

Demon Hunters working with Mal’ganis?
    I thought we were done with demons but I suppose it does make sense to bring back Mal'Ganis if they're doing Wrath 2.0.

Lots of romance stories added
    Ugh.

On the plausibility meter, I'll give it a 45%. You lose points for having no new class, Tuskarrs, and a terrible AP system.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2019-10-19 at 03:41 PM.

All these leaks with playable Tuskarr...

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    The largest time skip I can see happening is 3 years, anything beyond, feels untenable. Time skips mo matter what always bring up “what happened in the interim?”
    Generally, the answer is "not much". That's why you do timeskips, to skip parts of the timeline that wouldn't be interesting to watch. And Azeroth kinda needs a period of nothing of notice happening to recover.

Just yesterday I was joking that Blizzard would announce: "The two races most asked for over the years will be finally playable".

And then, roll drums, they reveal:

"Ogres for the Horde!"

Aaaand...

"Tuskarr for the Alliance!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Generally, the answer is "not much". That's why you do timeskips, to skip parts of the timeline that wouldn't be interesting to watch. And Azeroth kinda needs a period of nothing of notice happening to recover.
    Yes, and yes.

Timeskips can also add a lot of mystery to the world, as you find out stuff that you didn't expect in places you thought you knew.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Isn't Tyrande the "first Night Warrior"?
    There where presumably a few night warriors before tyrande. At least one that is basically confirmed and a few attempts with the vessel not surviving the ritual.

Still unlikely though. If there was an "ex-night warrior" somewhere around wouldn't the elves know about it? When there is an former avatar or elune around why isn't she highpriestess or has any role in the nightelven society?

At least the rest of the "leak" is bad enough so i don't have to think about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a dry day for leaks, eh? Barely anyone's been talking here today.

Well, nothing's likely to come from Blizz today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    There where presumably a few night warriors before tyrande. At least one that is basically confirmed and a few attempts with the vessel not surviving the ritual.

Still unlikely though. If there was an "ex-night warrior" somewhere around wouldn't the elves know about it? When there is an former avatar or elune around why isn't she highpriestess or has any role in the nightelven society?

At least the rest of the "leak" is bad enough so i don't have to think about it
    If anything, the way the ritual is described it was somewhat common in the Night Elves early days, with the practice waning once their empire became established.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, nothing's likely to come from Blizz today.
    When is something likely to come from Blizz?

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know how people will believe a leak! Quick! Get a fake logo image, take a picture of it with your phone from a weird angle... and post it!

PEOPLE WILL BELIEVEEEEEEEEEE.

10+ Year Old Account
    When is something likely to come from Blizz?
    Next week with the schedule and a possible build of 8.3. If there is a 8.3 build I expect whatever new info they add will spark some more leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    I know how people will believe a leak! Quick! Get a fake logo image, take a picture of it with your phone from a weird angle... and post it!

PEOPLE WILL BELIEVEEEEEEEEEE.
    Logos are always the fake ones. The general, rather concise leaks are usually real

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    Next week with the schedule and a possible build of 8.3. If there is a 8.3 build I expect whatever new info they add will spark some more leaks.
    Cheers, looking forward to it.

It's funny how the wait for BlizzCon is almost always more exciting than whatever expansion they release. We always paint a picture of the perfect expansion by combining different leaks and predictions and end up feeling disappointed when the actual expansion turns out to be nothing like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Logos are always the fake ones. The general, rather concise leaks are usually real
    Excuse me, but you clearly haven't heard of Wrath of the Bolvar:

Guys, my friend who works for Blizzard just sent me this 100% real logo for the next expansion. I could get in a lot of trouble for posting this so please appreciate the sacrifice that I'm making.

No news about trademark fillings?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    At most, we'll get something very shortly before the actual announcement on November 1st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I don't think the trademarks will surface until the day of the announcement, if even then. That's kind of how it's been in recent years since they started being more covert with them.