Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    More like Illidan. They won't turn her into Gul'dan and let us players kill her.
    I think they mean using her as a tie for another expansion

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I think they mean using her as a tie for another expansion
    Well she definitely is that. I am like 99.9% convinced that she’ll steal the dagger we sealed N‘zoth in after Nyalotha (happens in 8.3.5) to do some crazy sh*t with it and bridge into the next expansion. And I think that’s exactly what N’zoth planned and wanted to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    We all know Paula Deen would be excited
    Where is (s)he? I miss the queen of butter.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post

Need something fresh, updated ya know. Something darker that fits the "death" theme.

I know that Dragon Islands are the hot theory today, but I would still love to see the death expansion.

My own little head cannon was the Azeroth is dying (the heart didn’t do the trick) and Sylvanas makes a deal with death to save her. She’ll give death a bunch of souls, including N’Zoth, in exchange for Azeroth. Kind of gets at that morally gray thing blizzard liked to suggest. All that “you’re nothing” stuff is a sign of Sylvanas’ guilt. Then the one who figures out her plot is “The Bolvar.” Ice crown becomes the central city for the expansion where we go into the shadowlands through his portal. Maybe even have all the zones be shadow versions of existing zones, so maybe we get more than 5-6 zones.

But... I expect dragon islands...

Wrathion appearing again makes me think of Dragon Isles xpac

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GazloweShow View Post
    I know that Dragon Islands are the hot theory today, but I would still love to see the death expansion.

My own little head cannon was the Azeroth is dying (the heart didn’t do the trick) and Sylvanas makes a deal with death to save her. She’ll give death a bunch of souls, including N’Zoth, in exchange for Azeroth. Kind of gets at that morally gray thing blizzard liked to suggest. All that “you’re nothing” stuff is a sign of Sylvanas’ guilt. Then the one who figures out her plot is “The Bolvar.” Ice crown becomes the central city for the expansion where we go into the shadowlands through his portal. Maybe even have all the zones be shadow versions of existing zones, so maybe we get more than 5-6 zones.

Don't see why it can't be both. Dragons can't carry an expansion on their own, not with Deathwing gone. They need something to play off of, a villain to their good, and that's probably Detah.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by ralilioth View Post
    Need something fresh, updated ya know. Something darker that fits the "death" theme.
    Must resist urge to colour screen Hot Pink!

Quote Originally Posted by GazloweShow View Post

Yeah. I'm really hoping it's not Dragon Isles. Getting a reveal cinematic or just features trailer with Bolvar coming out of the iceblock would build massive hype. Dragons just aren't interesting anymore. Bunch of overgrown lizards who get corrupted as soon as a demon or Old God says boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Yeah. I'm really hoping it's not Dragon Isles. Getting a reveal cinematic or just features trailer with Bolvar coming out of the iceblock would build massive hype. Dragons just aren't interesting anymore. Bunch of overgrown lizards who get corrupted as soon as a demon or Old God says boo.
    I don't see why it coudlnt be both. Death themed expansion on the Dragon isles.

Yes it would be boring, but it would be just what to expect from an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Don't see why it can't be both. Dragons can't carry an expansion on their own, not with Deathwing gone. They need something to play off of, a villain to their good, and that's probably Detah.
    True, I would be fine with both. I would actually really love the dragon island being a 9.1, maybe even Suramar (spelling?) type of zone. I also think a Dragon only expansion would be pretty weak...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The text only says defeated, not dead. Besides, remember Y'shaarj's remains in MoP. Killing them doesn't just make the issue disappear.
    Actually it does in terms of the actual threat to the sleeping titan. The remnants will haunt the land much like Yogg still does as well, but the main real threat will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Actually it does in terms of the actual threat to the sleeping titan. The remnants will haunt the land much like Yogg still does as well, but the main real threat will be gone.
    And let’s not forget the variable of the Xal dagger. Perhaps that is the true death option.

Also pulling a bullshit island turned continent for a 3rd time in a row would be pretty stale. I'm not going to lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Also pulling a bullshit island turned continent for a 3rd time in a row would be pretty stale. I'm not going to lie.
    The only thing ot be gained from it is hte knowledge that Blizzard has more or less exhausted their supply of believable locations to set an expansion or patch. Meaning pretty much all future expansions have to be set on some variation of a world revamp, whether that means going at it like WoD with Draenor, or a Cata-style revisiting of an old location.

Fingers crossed for EK/Kalimdor world revamp for 9.0 though. Would breathe a lot of new life into the game.

Dragons could carry it

You have lich King vs red flight
    Bronze dealing with infinite
    Green dealing with nightmare and the possibility of it's new leader being a tyrant
    Black rebuilding and dealing with remaining twilight
    Blue handling the scattered members and possibly an inner power struggle

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres no such thing as "exhausted" their locations

Blizz is getting tired to explain to players that are places out there to be explored but due to faction war or big baddie the players didnt had the "chance" to fully explore azeroth and mark down every god damn landmass

ashes of azeroth
    world revamp after failed re-origination
    one map with old expansions in cot
    no more alliance or horde
    talent trees return as new grind
    sylvanas wants helm of domination
    wrathion seeks power of prime aspect
    tyrande after new immortality for night elves

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eanok View Post
    ashes of azeroth
    this format is more believable. but, yeah nah.

ashes of azeroth
    Fake fake fake.

ashes of azeroth
    2 expansions with Azeroth in the name in a row ? Nope.