Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    But it shows again how something completely wrong can still hit close to the mark in some aspect.

Although. Corrupted doesn't really make sense after N'Zoths death. So maybe it *does* become Shadowtouched in 9.0 if there are "interweaving themes of death,void and arcane" maybe even deathtouched and arcanetouched. You know, it's still complete bullshit but it sounds cool.
    I think half the reason they make it so specific right now is so they can just drop the whole thing if it doesn't work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    BfA has one of the worst narrative structures I ever seen. Its parts do not mash, the focus constantly change, and its supposed main theme was completely overshadowed by the secondary plot. You look the starting cinematic/announcement trailer and this patch and they are clearly not the same story.
    Let's not forget that it was the faction war that released NZoth (luring us into his prison with a bunch of Azerite)...
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think half the reason they make it so specific right now is so they can just drop the whole thing if it doesn't work.
    I think where it'll fail is raiders will feel forced to hit--and stay at--certain Corruption breakpoints at different points in time, so they'll end up bitching that they need to fill up their bags with gear, and that they can't get the specific Corruption levels they need on certain items.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    I've been searching for this today, i vaguely remember someone a while back saying corrupted gear will be in 8.3. Can't find it anywhere.

EDIT.

It was definitely Corrupted Gear, not some other name and it was not in the last week, maybe a month ago, maybe longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    Appreciate you looking into it. There have been SO many pages in the last week, I'm not sure where I saw it. That "shadowtouched" may be what I was thinking of, but I'm almost sure I saw Corrupted somewhere.
    This is what I was talking about in my previous post. So basically, unless the "leak" you saw was months ago, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

I'd like to see more of Bolvar and Wrathion in 9.0. It would be cool seeing Dragon Isles, I've got enough of the Old Gods/Burning Legion. I don't want dragonball like attacks, being empowered by some titans or whatever.

But I also look forward to see Sylvanas realize the human potential of the Anduin. She'll at long last understand that he's no longer a boy-king, but became a MAN.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    This is what I was talking about in my previous post. So basically, unless the "leak" you saw was months ago, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.
    It may have even been the interview with Ion, I can't say for sure where I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But I also look forward to see Sylvanas realize the human potential of the Anduin. She'll at long last understand that he's no longer a boy-king, but became a MAN.
    [img]
    I dunno, that looks shopped. The sky looks wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I dunno, that looks shopped. The sky looks wrong.
    That's not sky; that's mists of evaporated human *potential.*
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Baine is hanging out with Valeera in Stormwind keep I see.

https://i.imgur.com/01dVYFR.png
    Soy didn't waste any time I see.

Cairne I miss you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think of this leak?

It went completely under the radar for me but I found it as I was googling for something else. It was closed for being a "duplicate" but I couldn't even find the original. They got some details about 8.2.5 and 8.3 right, while other details were... horribly wrong.

The whole bit about Sylvanas working with N'Zoth seems so wrong when you consider that Death and Void are at odds with each other. It makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The first raid of BFA was Uldir, which contained an Old God (G'huun).
    The first raids theme has historically been weak to nonexistent to the main theme. Last expansion the first raid was also old god themed, before then in WoD it was ogres. The first raid of MoP was about Mogu and Zandalari.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think of this leak?

It went completely under the radar for me but I found it as I was googling for something else. It was closed for being a "duplicate" but I couldn't even find the original. They got some details about 8.2.5 and 8.3 right, while other details were... horribly wrong.

The whole bit about Sylvanas working with N'Zoth seems so wrong when you consider that Death and Void are at odds with each other. It makes zero sense.
    A lot of it is wrong, like a fuck ton, why did you only focus on that? There's so much wrong on just the Raid alone. Sylvanas' premise is just the tip of the iceberg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    A lot of it is wrong, like a fuck ton, why did you only focus on that? There's so much wrong on just the Raid alone. Sylvanas' premise is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Well it was posted in July. A lot of the names could've still been WIP at the time, assuming this information came to him from a "friend that works at Blizzard". The stuff about Sylvanas might have been a scrapped storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it was posted in July. A lot of the names could've still been WIP at the time, assuming this information came to him from a "friend that works at Blizzard". The stuff about Sylvanas might have been a scrapped storyline.
    ...But that's not the only thing that's wrong.

Man, this Convention can't come soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    ...But that's not the only thing that's wrong.

Man, this Convention can't come soon enough.
    Well, he did predict the Corrupted Gear (in a sense), the "zone assaults" in 8.3, and N'Zoth boss fight being similar to Deathwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it was wednesday, and the day has barely started. it's only 9am on the east coast.

i'll give it to like 3pm eastern. nothing happens by then, we know it's just shitposting.
    we'll see when it happens

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well if you look at.....ehh you know what? Fuck it

https://balager47.wixsite.com/gothicgame

You can read here what I base my reasoning on.
    I like it. It provides strong reasoning for both a Death themed expansion and Dark Rangers. Hopefully, it turns out true.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

I seriously hope the next expansion isn't just Northrend with new graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I honestly don’t believe tier sets will be coming back, since this way there are many other gearing paths than before which is nice for everyone
    I was never a huge fan of tier sets, but you have to admit they were removed out of laziness more than anything else.

Laziness instance no. 1: Not wanting to put effort into balancing them.

Laziness instance no. 2: Not wanting to design sets for each class.

I wouldn't point out either if Azerite had been a resounding success, or if the design on the sets from the current raids was smashing, but they failed in both instances. (Especially in the gear design, which they said would improve if they didn't have to spend time on a theme for each class)

Well, he did predict the Corrupted Gear (in a sense), the "zone assaults" in 8.3, and N'Zoth boss fight being similar to Deathwing.
    You're really stretching what's there. They didn't, not even close.

They bet on a completely different horse, both regarding Sylvanas fate and background as well as that Void&Light will reoccur as themes. They were wrong. Those are not things that were "up in the air" in july.

This one barely got lucky in getting some things right without having to bend and stretch things to fit.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?