10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Oh I definetely agree. W3 nelves, for example, are leagues above WoW nelves. They don't even feel like the same race to be honest.
    Xenophobic elves
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    am i the only person who prefers w3 lore to the retconned wow lore
    The new wc3 reforged version will contain retcons from wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerplz View Post
    This but revamped oh lord BLIZZARD COME ON LEAK REVAMPED NORTHREND ALREADY!

Grizzly hills as well. Cannot wait to see what Blizzard has in store. Just so long as that something includes a Northrend revamp.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that being said, i don't think tinkers are whimsical or lighthearted. i think it could be, if they make it that way, but just a guy in a mechsuit/building turrets and shooting rockets? no, that doesn't have to be annoying and lighthearted.
    If they are called Tinkers and are represented mainly by the short races, annoying whimsical traits won't be avoided. The only way I can picture a Tech class being serious is if it somehow derives from Titans or Ethereals.

Hell if it is Ethereals, I would love a Void Elf...Mechanic? You get what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by C-LO1979 View Post
    another thing that irks me when people trash Tinkers, or Dark Rangers or any possible class, the "arent they just X?"

Devs can make up any kind of shit they want for spells / skills, that is never an issue to make or not make a class.
    But this is a ranger, a hunter. What 3 specs would you see for it? DH had the luxury of being able to go for at least 1 tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    If they are called Tinkers and are represented mainly by the short races, annoying whimsical traits won't be avoided. The only way I can picture a Tech class being serious is if it somehow derives from Titans or Ethereals.

Hell if it is Ethereals, I would love a Void Elf...Mechanic? You get what I mean.
    And what if Tinker can be played by Gnomes, Trashgnomes, Humans, Dwarves and Draenei for Alliance and Goblin, Magh'ar orc, Orc and Blood elf on Horde. Would that make them less whimsical?

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    But this is a ranger, a hunter. What 3 specs would you see for it? DH had the luxury of being able to go for at least 1 tank spec.
    Bow spec, Dagger spec, Scythe spec (reaper), caster spec, summoner spec, healer spec like Banshee/Disc priest healing, even a Warden-like tank spec if we have to reach hard.

It may most likely have a Necromancer incorporated into it and the possibilities are endless. Just need a bit of imagination.

It will turn out to be more additions than retcons really. Like the whole invading Sunwell thing. It will just be more detailed with more named character. The narrative likely won't change in any significant way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    And what if Tinker can be played by Gnomes, Trashgnomes, Humans, Dwarves and Draenei for Alliance and Goblin, Magh'ar orc, Orc and Blood elf on Horde. Would that make them less whimsical?
    No? I clearly said "mainly represented". That means that even if all races can be Tinkers, if the main bunch are the short races, it will be comedy like cringey Mechagon and Mech side-quests in BfA.

Bow spec, Dagger spec, Scythe spec (reaper), caster spec, summoner spec, healer spec like Banshee/Disc priest healing, even a Warden-like tank spec if we have to reach hard.

It may most likely have a Necromancer incorporated into it and the possibilities are endless. Just need a bit of imagination.
    It has to make sense too, can't just be throwing in whatever spells in there. A completely new school of spells.

I say keep them short (Goblin, Gnome, M.Gnome, Vulpera) and make it whimsical and crazy as hell.

Everything doesn't need to be serious. Monks smash beer kegs on people, so I'm fine with a Goblin tinker tossing robotic chicken bombs on trash mobs.

The problem here is that you are pitting Dark ranger versus Tinker, a class that people have been asking for since the game came out, which comes prepackaged with specs that have no direct analogue in the game.

Why anyone would choose Dark ranger, an edgy spec with some of teh most narrow lore behind it and playable races to choose from over Tinker which has a clear presence in lore on both Alliance and Horde while playing like nothing else in the game always surprises me.

eh, that's why i'd play goblin tinker instead of gnome.

you might not notice it, but goblins and gnomes, while lighthearted in general, are "lighthearted" in different ways. with gnomes, it's usually just goofy shit. but with goblins, it tends to be mafia stuff, which isn't really that lighthearted if you think about it. yeah, it's played in a joke way, but you're still talking about murder, extortion, general criminal activity that ruins people's lives. you can joke about the stereotypical behavior, but the content of the behavior itself is no laughing matter.

i hope the original w3 campaign will still be playable and not replaced by reforge by force

No? I clearly said "mainly represented". That means that even if all races can be Tinkers, if the main bunch are the short races, it will be comedy like cringey Mechagon and Mech side-quests in BfA.
    As opposed to Dark rangers being characterized as edgy?

To me it just sounds like you want to be constantly reminded of an edgy class instead of giving gnomes and goblins an awesome class concept to show off.

It has to make sense too, can't just be throwing in whatever spells in there. A completely new school of spells.
    Judging by Sylvanas, they are turning her into a unit that utilizes a higher unknown form of Death magic or something. That alone can turn HER class into anything that may make sense for that "new lore". Then all that's left is her converting or training a bunch of characters into her status.

caster spec, summoner and healers are completely nonsense

Dark rangers are specifically bow spec with dark magic, anything beyond that is a stretch

it make little sense incorparte necromancer into DR, necromancer work better on a stand alone class, and even then make more sense as healer

Judging by Sylvanas, they are turning her into a unit that utilizes a higher unknown form of Death magic or something. That alone can turn HER class into anything that may make sense for that "new lore". Then all that's left is her converting or training a bunch of characters into her status.
    No, that alone turns HER into it. It's not like every Dark Ranger is suddenly going to go around with this highly deadly magic that we've seen Sylvanas use a single time and no one, not even Jaina, is able to pin down exactly what type of magic it is.

The problem here is that you are pitting Dark ranger versus Tinker, a class that people have been asking for since the game came out, which comes prepackaged with specs that have no direct analogue in the game.

Why anyone would choose Dark ranger, an edgy spec with some of teh most narrow lore behind it and playable races to choose from over Tinker which has a clear presence in lore on both Alliance and Horde while playing like nothing else in the game always surprises me.
    Because a certain amount of people like the theme behind Dark Ranger, and they want a ranged physical class more, the hunter is the only one with this archetype for ex.

i am kinda enjoying the mechagnome thing we are treating the race as a object for people to use profession and a class 10/10 do the robot dance
    vulpera doing the what does the fox say but y seems like vulpera is a quick learner so may lead to tinker zandalari troll seems to have technology the bazooka thing on the dinosaur etc and dark iron dwarf wuld be cool aswell drill in their robot
    but it all comes to how they are doing it but we have to hope for racial difference machine