Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    But Sylvanas herself isnt a dark ranger right? She's a banshee that was ranger-general while living, does that make her a dark ranger? It was extremely obvious that the Lich King is training death knights and also rooted in lore. We all knew Illidan was a demon hunter (again from old lore).
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    They got their powers, but the ones that made sense. Not the over the top insane ones. Once again, you don't see DKs raising literal armies, but you can raise a couple. You don't see Demon Hunters going around summoning Flame Demons from their glaives.
    It's like saying that Arthas in WC3 wasn't the Lich King or that Illidan was a Demon Hunter before becoming a full Demon. Also the players have toned down versions for lore and gameplay reasons, not less powers overall.

I could see a Dark Ranger doing a "cloud of death" like the BfA cinematic for AoE damage, but not a super strong one that one-shot everything. I could potentially see them reanimating but not armies like the DK doesn't.

It is all a matter of scale.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's definitely the way i see it.

i don't think i'd even play the new expansion if that were the case. but the fucking herds of soy-infused losers would eat it up.
    whats a soy-infused loser

Ercaro, El Caro.... why do I keep seeing Antonio Banderas before my inner eye when I read that. Walking away from an explosion with a guitar in his hand

So when the Frozen Throne explodes I fully expect to see El Caro walking away with a slight smirk now

Yeah, I know. That's why it's a problem implementing it at all. Because it's specific to the Undead, more specifically, Undead Elf Rangers (and Nathanos until recently where a few more undead humans have been learning). But if they're going to change the lore and open it up to more classes, I don't get why people think they wouldn't just change the lore to open it up as a spec. Instead of having to be undead, it's just a hunter who chose to forsake nature and find a more shadowy means to fulfill their end.
    Think it makes more sense to replace sub, it's already kinda dark and could adopt some ranged attacks on top of the other dark shit they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    Well they are going all out this year with 9.0, Diablo 4, OW2 and possibly another surprise so might as well get as many people to see it as they can.
    but a full 3 hours 15 min, when it used to be 1 hour haha madneess

didnt they use to announce all titles at the opening cermony?

and then have deep dive panesl to explain everything

Tank, healer and dps. DPS uses engineering stuff to deal dmg, bombs, robots, guns. Healers use bots and healing rays. Tank summons a Mech DVA-style.
    Yeah. It would help a lot. It could be the third mail class to even things out, it could give mail class a tank/healer spec to balance that out, they could easily allow them to wield ranged weaponry (particularly guns) which would give a 2nd class to that to balance that out. Like, they fit so perfectly in the niches we are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    If my plans for a viewing party fail (because I told other friends to organize the stuff and I'll handle the ticket, since I'm the only one working and dont have time to organize) I might end up the same, except my cat is called Bismarck
    Oh fun! I almost considered doing the same(viewing party) with some friends. But alas. Also, that is a cute name! What kinda cat? I'd totes call him/her Bismo. Eeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    There's this common trope on the interwebs that says a man who eats a lot of soy (which contains a certain type of estrogen) is less manly than other men. It's all based on fake news and 0 knowledge about estrogen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    but a full 3 hours 15 min, when it used to be 1 hour haha madneess
    Exactly, part of it might be to recoup from last years blizzcon, but hey if this becomes the new norm I will not complain!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Tofu.

I'm just kidding, I love tofu.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Exactly, part of it might be to recoup from last years blizzcon, but hey if this becomes the new norm I will not complain!
    oh well i aint complaing, it means an extra 2 hours and 15 min of twtich chat sheningans ;D

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ignoring the new magic she's using, she is what a dark ranger playable class should be.

all these banshee abilities she shows off, flying, turning into a death cloud, raising the dead in a limited capacity, banshee scream, mind control, this is what a dark ranger MUST be if they are ever added.
    the banshee form shadow cloud thingy will definitely be a DPS CD like metaphorasis.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

We really need more news!!

Think it makes more sense to replace sub, it's already kinda dark and could adopt some ranged attacks on top of the other dark shit they do.
    It does thematically maybe feel more similar, but the whole thing is that lorewise Dark Ranger is a hunter. It would be just as simple for a hunter to get a shadow theme than to add some ranged attacks to subtlety. Not to mention, that it's also a bit about crippling and the mobility. Dark Rangers are stealth-like as they slip around the battlefield, but not actual stealth. Interestingly enough, that would probably be more like Wardens.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    It's like saying that Arthas in WC3 wasn't the Lich King or that Illidan was a Demon Hunter before becoming a full Demon. Also the players have toned down versions for lore and gameplay reasons, not less powers overall.

I could see a Dark Ranger doing a "cloud of death" like the BfA cinematic for AoE damage, but not a super strong one that one-shot everything. I could potentially see them reanimating but not armies like the DK doesn't.

It is all a matter of scale.
    And the skill Sylvanas had was literally just a blast of death that insta-killed Saurfang. Sorry, you're not getting anything close to that. You'd be getting a shadowbolt maybe, but that, hell no.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renley View Post
    Oh fun! I almost considered doing the same(viewing party) with some friends. But alas. Also, that is a cute name! What kinda cat? I'd totes call him/her Bismo. Eeeeeee!
    Not sure about the type. Just a regular house cat. He was also birthed into this household ~1.5 years ago (we got his mom while she was a kitten and she got prego pretty early since she likes to go outdoors, still fine and part of our family). I was the "nurse" during birth

The panels being free is to spread the news even more, since this blizzcon won't be a content blunder like last year's one. Also, i bet they will announce all demos present at blizzcon will be downloadable for ticketholders. It's a win-win situation for them.

3+ Year Old Account
    Great news! Everyone!

Necro tinker new class.

Better than all others tossed around here.

Play as a mad scientist

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i do feel my contribution to a virtual ticket will go into a tinker class...

So i will get a ticket so i can contribute to a new and amazing sounding class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Great news! Everyone!

Necro tinker new class.

Play as a mad scientist
    Dark Necrotinker*

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Great news! Everyone!

Necro tinker new class.

Play as a mad scientist
    I actually think a "Ghostbuster" Tinker would be a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

As much as I do want tinker, the "ghost-buster" spec did always sound kinda odd to me. I would rather see the mech type specs or maintaining turrets or the healing spec based on something like Ana's gun from Overwatch or the bandage gun and the like.
    According to the leak, the "Ghostbuster" part is only in the DPS spec.