Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    From my discord:

Except there would be a 2nd panel that has:

Ion Hazzikostas Wins
    (No New Classes)
    FATALITY
    Imagine that. Right now the only thing keeping WoW floating is Classic. Once Classic gets stale and people start unsubscribing if there is nothing exciting to look forward to then Ion will be the one getting the FATALITY

Legion was not TBC2, it didn't even feature Outlands despite being a TBC-wank expansion.

People need to take a step back and realize this likely isn't going to be Climate Change Northrend featuring Tuskarr and Nerubians with Evil Bolvar... especially when a very likely leaked material tells you that to your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But why put Bolvar on the pike when we have a very clear villain already in Sylvanas, her mysterious Master, and probably Helya again?

Feels to me like people trying to do story gymnastics to satisfy their Wrath boner.
    This is definitely true. Sylvanas is clearly the bigger evil here and i would love nothing more for Bolvar to be helpping us in removing that annoying Banshee forever.

That being said, it is disingenous to ignore the buildup of Bolvar losing his grip on sanity, or alternatively his grip on what he was in life.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

its 2019, we know more about the ins and outs of game development than we ever did, and people still treat things mentioned months prior as gospel as if game dev doesnt change all the time during production >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Imagine that. Right now the only thing keeping WoW floating is Classic. Once Classic gets stale and people start unsubscribing if there is nothing exciting to look forward to then Ion will be the one getting the FATALITY
    Classy....

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Legion was not TBC2, it didn't even feature Outlands despite being a TBC-wank expansion.

People need to take a step back and realize this likely isn't going to be Climate Change Northrend featuring Tuskarr and Nerubians with Evil Bolvar... especially when a very likely leaked material tells you that to your face.
    I think it was tying up loose ends from BC and giving old characters better endings in some cases. This might be Wrath 2.0 in that same respect, giving some lore behind why there must always be a LK, etc etc.

Legion brought back a ton of BC characters and rewrote the endings to their stories... KJ, illidan.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The original Shadowlands leak got everything about 8.2.5 and 8.3 wrong so its absolutely fake.
    The WoD leak got the end of MoP wrong and turned out to be legit, with the ending being one of the concepts they pitched but scrapped. Just sayin'.

7+ Year Old Account
    From my discord:

Ion Hazzikostas Wins
    (No New Classes)
    FATALITY
    I'm on team #3 that's for the annihilation of both of these groups.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But why put Bolvar on the pike when we have a very clear villain already in Sylvanas, her mysterious Master, and probably Helya again?

Feels to me like people trying to do story gymnastics to satisfy their Wrath boner.
    I'm just saying we shouldn't dismiss something that Blizzard would totally do. Academics are never 100% sure of anything.

I think it was tying up loose ends from BC and giving old characters better endings in some cases. This might be Wrath 2.0 in that same respect, giving some lore behind why there must always be a LK, etc etc.
    To keep the scourge in check. We don't need more lore behind that. It's simple, makes sense and is cool. I hope they don't tarnish the lich king name if he will be featured in the next expansion.

Legion brought back a ton of BC characters and rewrote the endings to their stories... KJ, illidan.
    Right. Shadowlands will 100% be Wrath 2 in it's characters. Bolvar and Sylvanas are confirmed, the Dragonflights who were also a big part of Wrath, Kel'thuzad and Mal'ganis are likely who were both closely connected to Arthas. Arthas himself is likely to return as well.

The CHARACTERS are Wrath, not the setting and story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The WoD leak got the end of MoP wrong and turned out to be legit, with the ending being one of the concepts they pitched but scrapped. Just sayin'.
    that is a good example. Imagine a WoD leak talking about a Shattrath raid, or we going there via the Chronal Spire, and then people calling it fake because it changed. Again, im not saying ANY of these leaks is real, but completely dismissing one just because one part of it ended up being wrong just seems silly.

Will they touch Classic at all or maybe BC servers?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    fun thing is, all the speculation from sylvanas fanboys about how she’s being ruthless but actually doing it for a good reason makes a lot more sense for bolvar
    Yeah Bolvar is the character people want to think Sylvanas is. And Sylvanas is going to be the character people claim Bolvar is. She's the one whose sanity is slipping away right in front of our eyes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

From my discord:

Ion Hazzikostas Wins
    (No New Classes)
    FATALITY
    Hey look it's me in the bottom right! Props to your discord, I love the art

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    probably not, makes more sense to have it for next blizzcon
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by C-LO1979 View Post
    its 2019, we know more about the ins and outs of game development than we ever did, and people still treat things mentioned months prior as gospel as if game dev doesnt change all the time during production >_>
    There is a limit to what can realistically change in such a short amount of time without the devs knowing ahead of time.

Take 8.2 Nazjatar for instance. It would be correct if a dev stated that Nazjatar is planned to look like Vashj'ir without water, Zin'azshari will be decently large. N'zoth is planned to appear as a subzone eventually.
    What is less realistic is a dev stating that Nazjatar will be half a zone with N'zoth as a giant centerpiece after the raid.

The second one makes it sound like the dev has absolutely no idea of the plans for what he is working on, which is just not realistic.

There is also the fact that every leak is presumably fake, simply because no dev that knows that much of the general feel of a patch or expansion would be willing to risk his job and future in tha line of work leaking something that can easily be traced back to him.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    We're still in Phase 1. No chance they even mention BC Classic unless it's going to be a seperate service entirely.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by kirkj View Post
    fun thing is, all the speculation from sylvanas fanboys about how she’s being ruthless but actually doing it for a good reason makes a lot more sense for bolvar
    If Sylvanas was who you believed her to be, she'd deploy the plague on top of each main city starting Thunder Bluff and wouldn't care less. Did she do that? No. What she did was attack an enemy city when factions were in war. Cry me a river.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    This is definitely true. Sylvanas is clearly the bigger evil here and i would love nothing more for Bolvar to be helpping us in removing that annoying Banshee forever.

That being said, it is disingenous to ignore the buildup of Bolvar losing his grip on sanity, or alternatively his grip on what he was in life.
    Bolvar certainly is not the same as he was in life. However, I would not be surprised if - for example - his eyes would turn out to be nothing major. Like him finally leaving the ice block and his eyes changing color immediately without much reason. It is possible.

There are many possible scenarios, but I believe that Bolvar will fight Sylvanas in the cinematic and she will open the rift to the Shadowlands atop Icecrown Glacier.