So wait....is the full art including the original piece that came with the Shadowlands logo debunked or just the larger pictures?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Don't try too hard. It's clear Hitei will not believe Shadowlands until the trailer plays.
    even then will probblay still deny it screaming blizzard faked it

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Maybe Bastion is in place of ICC
    Desert ice crown?

Earlier today we talked about the idea that Bastion is the ICC of the Shadowlands. And the expansion was on the alternate "Shadowlands Northrend."
    I can definitely see this happening.

It looks VERY similar to ICC if you look at it closely

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    Now with a new expansion close.. i just want blizzard to break molds.. i want a desert with violet sand.. or blue sand... its a fantasy world.. go crazy !
    I agree. Legion (Mac'aree aside) and BFA were far too safe stylistically.

Let's get something crazy in here.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Does nobody know if Customer Service attends BlizzCon to field questions?
    They field questions every year. Last year's red shirt guy got to ask his Diablo question because he lied about what he was going to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I don't know about that. It practically confirms that the cities in the clouds to the left of Bastion in the original art are in fact Bastion itself, and not glimpses into other dimensions.

Also look at the Outlands-type crack running through the ground below the ghost river.
    No they literally confirm nothing because they're fake

I don't know about that. It practically confirms that the cities in the clouds to the left of Bastion in the original art are in fact Bastion itself, and not glimpses into other dimensions.

Also look at the Outlands-type crack running through the ground below the ghost river.
    It doesn't confirm anything, because somebody just took the Bastion image and drew some extra parts. Likely the OP of that 4chan thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It doesn't confirm anything, because somebody just took the Bastion image and drew some extra parts. Likely the OP of that 4chan thread.
    Not much extra either. Maybe a small spire or two, and the rest is just terrain extension.

Earlier today we talked about the idea that Bastion is the ICC of the Shadowlands. And the expansion was on the alternate "Shadowlands Northrend."
    Might sound crazy but I wouldn't mind "WoD Northrend" that much at all as a setting. Think it could look amazing. And ironically enough, had WoD been a proper full expansion with three raid tiers, it may have been my favorite expansion ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    They field questions every year. Last year's red shirt guy got to ask his Diablo question because he lied about what he was going to ask.
    I don't think that's customer service. Unless somebody wants to ask questions about renewing or cancelling subs.

Quote Originally Posted by ombus View Post
    Now with a new expansion close.. i just want blizzard to break molds.. i want a desert with violet sand.. or blue sand... its a fantasy world.. go crazy !
    I want them to use flying as a design tool instead of treated like a hindrance

if we are going back to northrend or dealing with the lich King again let's do stuff like storm peaks

let's take flying and do something fun with it let's have the world quest where you have to get into a race like they did in mists of pandaria that was fun I enjoyed it

also by the way I just finished my run of Mukesh on bolts for the week and I managed to snag the mount so yay me

The great gates of Bastion do look like the ICC gates. That would be clever of Blizz, albeit look pretty lazy if they look really similar.

I'm sure the lore explanation would be "lol the Lich King was inspired by them" or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Might sound crazy but I wouldn't mind "WoD Northrend" that much at all as a setting. Think it could look amazing. And ironically enough, had WoD been a proper full expansion with three raid tiers, it may have been my favorite expansion ever.
    I think they need to be willing to blow up zone borders, and that means move mountains, to make it not feel like just a revamp.

If they're willing to do that, though, I could see it going well.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    So wait....is the full art including the original piece that came with the Shadowlands logo debunked or just the larger pictures?
    The larger picture doesn't really match up with the original one. I guess there could be 2 different concept pieces of the same place, one at a distance and one closer up, but seems weird that both would be leaked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    Nothing's debunked at all. Nothing's confirmed either which we had HOPED Mr. 4chan would do.

These guys are great at disinfo as expected of 4chan. "It's Suramar fanart, see this screenshot?" which is itself a doctored screenshot. Kinda ridiculous.

The great gates of Bastion do look like the ICC gates. That would be clever of Blizz, albeit look pretty lazy if they look really similar.

I'm sure the lore explanation would be "lol the Lich King was inspired by them" or something.
    As long as the fortress it self looks significantly different I don't think it would be that bad of an idea. Plus the gates likely would be far more HD compared to the old ones in Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't think that's customer service. Unless somebody wants to ask questions about renewing or cancelling subs.
    That's what I was wondering. Fair enough. Thank you again. The hunt continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The larger picture doesn't really match up with the original one. I guess there could be 2 different concept pieces of the same place, one at a distance and one closer up, but seems weird that both would be leaked.
    On the other hand, they are also to similar to really be two different pieces. It looks more like somebody took one of them and redrew it to get the other.