Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So I was thinking about a login screen and it has to be the shot of Icecrown with the Tower of the Damned in the sky above it, right?

Though boy that's only going to serve to continue hammering home the Shadowbringers comparisons.
    I feel like it HAS to be that.

I wonder how this armor of domination will look like.

After watching the new trailers for the expansion, I felt somewhat underwhelmed and disappointed. Maybe nothing pleases me anymore. I think what hurt it was the lack of features and the fact that Bolvar went down so easily (which is strange since the Lich King is supposed to be a being of MONUMENTAL power).

However, I do think if they nail these systems and what they claim to do, this expansion could easily be a good hard reset for WoW and revitalize the game. I do hope they give us a compelling story.

Ditching the AP grind and toning down rng is a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    After watching the new trailers for the expansion, I felt somewhat underwhelmed and disappointed. Maybe nothing pleases me anymore. I think what hurt it was the lack of features and the fact that Bolvar went down so easily (which is strange since the Lich King is supposed to be a being of MONUMENTAL power).

However, I do think if they nail these systems and what they claim to do, this expansion could easily be a good hard reset for WoW and revitalize the game. I do hope they give us a compelling story.

The problem with the feature trailer for Shadowlands is that it’s completely pointless. You really need that information from the panel to have a clue what’s really coming. The feature trailer doesn’t even mention the level squish or the craftable legendaries.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Man, but there so much colors in rainbow, why to pick BLUE over any other ...there draenei alrady, TROLLs... broken ; Or this is forceful choice to appeal to ours memories of : SMURFS,Avatar (J.C.),Watchers.

Where my Yellow,Orange skin races?) (blue skin races .... allover a place ... even DK, Undeads have shades of BLUE)
    idk why blue but even in some IRL religions some deities are depicted in blue skin color. Fantasy settings adopted this very typical portrayal as well.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

The nice thing is they toned down the RNG without removing it entirely like some people wnated. They managed to focus the RNG to where it's good and get it out of where it didn't need to be.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The problem with the feature trailer for Shadowlands is that it’s completely pointless. You really need that information from the panel to have a clue what’s really coming. The feature trailer doesn’t even mention the level squish or the craftable legendaries.
    Yeah that's probably the worst features trailer ever. It's way too vague and nothing really jumps out as an "ooo/aahh" moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    The features trailer just did not need to exist. It added absolutely nothing to our understanding of Shadowlands because so much of the "core features" are complex revamps instead of bullet point buzzwords.

Features trailer was for complete casuals is the reason it sucked.

I completely agree. It's very strange they left out some of the more important and game changing elements. The new race customization is pretty big imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it HAS to be that.

The login screen goes so perfectly over this. And the shards of the veil make for a perfect animated effect to give it life.

The login screen goes so perfectly over this. And the shards of the veil make for a perfect animated effect to give it life.
    Maybe the BFA logins screen was so lame and shitty because the art team was busy on this?

I am salivating I NEED IT. I definitely hope they bring back the WoW intro music theme that every expansion except bfa had too.
    Last edited by Asphyx22; 2019-11-02 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yeah that's probably the worst features trailer ever. It's way too vague and nothing really jumps out as an "ooo/aahh" moment.
    I think it drives players rather away than it sparks interest in the expansion because it’s such a non-event. And then in the panel they had a ton of juicy details that are very important and make the expansion look a lot better than it seemed at the first glimpse.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely agree. It's very strange they left out some of the more important and game changing elements. The new race customization is pretty big imo.
    Yeah exactly. In WoD new character models were a core feature, in Shadowlands they didn’t even mention it in the trailer. They really should redo this for advertising purposes, they left out everything interesting.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

That was the point of the cinematic though. Not to show how weak the Lich King is (because as you said he IS a being of monumental power) but to show how STRONG Sylvanas has become through this newly gained power.

I worry about Covenants.
    I don't want to join the vampire guys only to find out i should have joined the Kyrian. "Oh you chose the wrong covenant when you hit 60? Too bad. No M+ invites for you!"
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I worry about Covenants.
    I don't want to join the vampire guys only to find out i should have joined the Kyrian. "Oh you chose the wrong covenant when you hit 60? Too bad. No M+ invites for you!"
    They already confirmed you can change

What would it be about? In this whole Sylvanas mess we really don’t need an entire novel about her on top of it all.
    Wrapping stuff up that doesn't make it in game. Maybe the book takes place after Sylvanas opens the portal, and we get to see a reunion of Taelia and Bolvar etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Adynos View Post
    They already confirmed you can change
    Well all's good then.
    Yohohoho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I worry about Covenants.
    Stuff like this doesn't matter. Plus you get to see the skills you get before committing at max.