Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't think anything should doubt that SL will get 4 raids/seasons, BfA got full support despite rather bad rep. And I expect at least one new realm/zone+4 boss dungeon + 9-10 boss raid for 9.2. and 9.3, anything else would be disappointment.
    New zones are a definite, but after BFA I doubt we'll ever get a post-launch dungeon ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    New zones are a definite, but after BFA I doubt we'll ever get a post-launch dungeon ever again.
    My assumption is that they only added Mechagon, to have another Megadungeon, otherwise we had so much other instanced content like Warfronts, IE and those Visions, so that I kinda believed they dont saw the need in additional dungeons despite those would have been great. But for SL I am optimistic with more dungeons, since its very likely they fill the map with 1-2 other realms, which could bring own dungeons with them.

Of course there will be less dungeons. BfA in general had less content than Legion because they spent nearly the entire expansion shitting out additional systems to fix the flawed systems they already designed.

Half the design of modern WoW is just implementing new awkward systems into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ehh.

Alliance Arathi plate is great, mail is meh- looks like a walking snowplow, leather is ok, cloth is nice.
    Horde Arathi plate is great, mail is ok, leather is meh, cloth is great.
    Alliance Darkshore all-around feels unfinished and the colors are a janky pinky purple and piss gold. Plate and mail prolly the best, but that isn't saying much.
    Horde Darkshore plate is good, mail is amazing, leather is ok to good, cloth is cool but feels unfinished.
    The Horde darkshore cloth set doesn't feel unfinished on the epic rarity variant. Have you seen this mask? Pure perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Isn't that what people want though? A lot of complaints about BFA are centered around being forced to do world content like dailies and WQs for AP and essences and titanforging.
    Yes basically but that is not another WoD.

Another wod would be achieved with a garrison system as it eliminates the need to do other content and the game becomes a login simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post

Another wod would be achieved with a garrison system as it eliminates the need to do other content and the game becomes a login simulator.
    The problem with WoD wasn't the Garrison by itself though, it was that there was literally nothing worth doing outside it. You had Apexis dalies which were useless two weeks into the expansion and that was it.

I've heard multiple times that the leader of the Rajani uses a more advanced Mogu model than the others. Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    The problem with WoD wasn't the Garrison by itself though, it was that there was literally nothing worth doing outside it. You had Apexis dalies which were useless two weeks into the expansion and that was it.
    Shadowlands will more likely be the next Cata; it's got a levelling revamp they can blame for lack of content, Torghast they can push to try and make casuals more hardcore by having it be their only real endgame, and a distinct lack of anything else shown at Blizzcon.

Well, other than the new War Campaign, but that's going to be either mirrored quests or even lazier than BFA's, given it's being split four ways instead of two this time.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Shadowlands will more likely be the next Cata; it's got a levelling revamp they can blame for lack of content, Torghast they can push to try and make casuals more hardcore by having it be their only real endgame, and a distinct lack of anything else shown at Blizzcon.

Well, other than the new War Campaign, but that's going to be either mirrored quests or even lazier than BFA's, given it's being split four ways instead of two this time.
    Where was the content in TBC, Wrath or Mists that Shadowlands is lacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    The Horde darkshore cloth set doesn't feel unfinished on the epic rarity variant. Have you seen this mask? Pure perfection.
    By unfinished, I mean it just feels like it has far less coverage than Human Plate and Forsaken Mail. Isn't it just the shoulders, helm, belt and cuffs?

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard multiple times that the leader of the Rajani uses a more advanced Mogu model than the others. Is this true?
    I don't see why? He basically just uses a recolor of Xin the Weaponmaster's model. Lei Shen used the same model and color before receiving a unique one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post

Level squish not a leveling revamp. They aren't remaking the whole content just changing levels. Its a wee bit different.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The reason we haven't had a sudden world revamp and are instead getting a very long gradual revamp is because they decided to never make the same mistake they made in Cata.

As we're STILL mostly just waiting on a dragons revamp it's probably 10.0/Dragon Isles, to tie into the Cata theme.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The reason we haven't had a sudden world revamp and are instead getting a very long gradual revamp is because they decided to never make the same mistake they made in Cata.

As we're STILL mostly just waiting on a dragons revamp it's probably 10.0/Dragon Isles, to tie into the Cata theme.
    Revamp what? Now lorewise all new characters start during BfA, rest is optional "archives" content.

To update old world they could literally do "Lordaeron" or "Kalimdor" expansion for 10.0 with actual max level content (hopefully something more like 2.0 Outland -> 6.0 Draenor then just Cata update) and throw out older version (or put it behind Caverns of Time portal).

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    By unfinished, I mean it just feels like it has far less coverage than Human Plate and Forsaken Mail. Isn't it just the shoulders, helm, belt and cuffs?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see why? He basically just uses a recolor of Xin the Weaponmaster's model. Lei Shen used the same model and color before receiving a unique one.
    Oh I see. Yeah it sadly suffers like all robe sets from being a robe set.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Oh I see. Yeah it sadly suffers like all robe sets from being a robe set.
    Mostly true! Though I do think the Bwonsamdi and Ny'alotha raid sets do it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    *channeling Alpha cast

Can't wait to see all the new models and creatures and zones.
    Kyrian Uther, Kael'thas Venthyr, and whatever other models may be updated. Also want to check the covenant models for hairstyles and suspicious customization ...
    I want the christmas-like flood of beautiful new art and info ripe for speculation.
    We are also bound to get big spoilers via models. Say we get a brand new amazing model for someone like C'thun or Anub'arak its pretty exciting. Its the afterlife. We could technically meet almost anyone. I actually hope Anub'arak is in the undead zone. It would be sweet seeing him again. There is only 1 person I hope we don't see. Arthas. If we do see him, I don't want a redemption story either. A villain that I would like to get a semi redemption story is Deathwing. Or rather Neltharion. I also dont want anyone to come back to life. I do hope Anduin gets to have a conversation with Varian, but rather a proud father moment with some closure.

I also hope we see Guldan in the Maw. I wanna see him suffer like the worm he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saying its kind of fun that he is all "Ion Lied about ilvl mattering because my 415 boots are better than my mythic boots" and other stuff

Like there is a huge chance for shadowlands to be another wod when it comes to world content.
    There is zero chance we ever get an expac as bad as WoD, and WoD was amazing the first week or so anyways. Even if we just get mythic+, pvp, world quests, and raids thats still a lot better than WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yes, well as it has been pointed out before, the art team is a weird anomaly within Blizzard. They keep producing good stuff consistently. And even improve, depending on your taste. I'm a filthy weeb so Pandaria was the peak.

The new model datamining is the best part of any alpha, beta or PTR. I wish I knew how to do it.
    Pandaria was the big jump. Compare Mount Hyjal to Jade Forrest. Is a next-gen sized graphical jump. We have barely seen that level of jump from MoP to BFA. Sure BFA looks better, but its been a slow climb rather than the enormous leap in graphics from Cata to MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Alliance Arathi warfront gear looks amazing, that's right. Unfortunately I play horde exclusively.
    All Arathi armor for both sides looks good imo. Most Darkshore armor is good too. I generally think they did a good job with armor, but there just wasn't enough to go around.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas a mid expansion raid boss should shut a lot of people up. They really should've confirmed that at Blizzcon.
    I still dont think she dies tbh. Maybe she stays in the Maw or something, but they will bring her back eventually for good or bad. I still think shes been corrupted/manipulated ever since she killed herself on the saronite spikes. I think the Jailer probably got to her then somehow?? Either way she might not have been a good guy, but she wasn't evil until Cata.

7+ Year Old Account

and thats why i think shadowlands will be the "new wod" like, they will not do much, not inovate, do things as usual, and focus on better models intead of things like new races or new class, to do something "big" in the 10.0 cause its a "full number"

but, i do have some bad feelings about then just throwing Dragon isles and dragons into 9.3 for reasons

But the only content that garrisons invalidated is the same content people are complaining about right now: dailies, WQs, the grind to prepare your character for the stuff you actually want to do. And with M+ in the mix there's even more "stuff I actually want to do" than ever. Unless you consider farming herbs/ore content (genuine comment, I can't think of any comment I've seen where people seem to genuinely enjoy this)

fwiw I'm not just playing devil's advocate or trolling here, I think that WoD with a somewhat less self-sufficient garrison (maybe Legion order hall levels) and M+ would've been a much more popular expansion.
    Last edited by TomatoBisque; 2020-02-23 at 05:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    All Arathi armor for both sides looks good imo. Most Darkshore armor is good too. I generally think they did a good job with armor, but there just wasn't enough to go around.
    i didn't like much darkshore mail but overall those were the best sets we got in some time imo, the prolems lies how "leather" just don't work for all leather or "mail" don't work for all mail users, by example i find ridiculous on a shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    My assumption is that they only added Mechagon, to have another Megadungeon, otherwise we had so much other instanced content like Warfronts, IE and those Visions, so that I kinda believed they dont saw the need in additional dungeons despite those would have been great. But for SL I am optimistic with more dungeons, since its very likely they fill the map with 1-2 other realms, which could bring own dungeons with them.
    Im hoping they add a mega dungeon, a dungeon in 9.2, and 2 dungeons in 9.3.