Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    But would you not agree that gear should not be boring this is an RPG gear should be fun in one way or another if not with the effect on the gear then with stats I for one like multi strike because the visual aspect and I do agree he should not exist again however I think other stats need to be re-work
    I want ArP, Defense (without a required cap), dodge, parry, spirit, etc all back.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    understandable, but imo more masteries should be like Enhancements mastery :P.
    I have no idea what it is but I do know thatMost mastery stats are extremely boring I think I kind of like frost meet mastery but meh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I want ArP, Defense (without a required cap), dodge, parry, spirit, etc all back.
    The problem with that is most of those were just some thing that you would Our healers would not prefer spirit after a certain point armor pen was stackable but you did not really need it hit and expertise were again something that you were just And forget and without re-forging they were kind of weird

I have no idea what it is but I do know thatMost mastery stats are extremely boring I think I kind of like frost meet mastery but meh

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with that is most of those were just some thing that you would Our healers would not prefer spirit after a certain point armor pen was stackable but you did not really need it hit and expertise were again something that you were just And forget and without re-forging they were kind of weird
    Well, I mean, I'd rather stats all return to being more interesting, Int providing mana again, agi and strength both useful for melee and on both sets of gear. The whole point is to give options, more stats, the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    But would you not agree that gear should not be boring this is an RPG gear should be fun in one way or another if not with the effect on the gear then with stats I for one like multi strike because the visual aspect and I do agree he should not exist again however I think other stats need to be re-work
    I was never against Multistrike being gone. I just think Hit is just an unfair mechanic. Like you missing isn't really the player's fault, its just rng. My problem with adding more stats is there's not much control on the stats you get in your gearing, its up to Blizzard and when they mess up or just put different stats then what some classes/specs need, its frustrating and so forth. This would not be so annoying with Reforging.

Well, I mean, I'd rather stats all return to being more interesting, Int providing mana again, agi and strength both useful for melee and on both sets of gear. The whole point is to give options, more stats, the better.
    If it weren't for PVP related stuff and what not, I'd say strength would be able to reduce weapon speed(Kinda like Agility to). Int for mana seems fine but I forgot why they got rid of that thing in the first place. Might of been something to do with mana regen being too good, don't remember.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-02-27 at 12:27 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yes. It is a simple matter post Shadowlands to move Cata Old World to its own instance that you access with the bronze dragon flight, if needed, and create a new Old World with a Silvermoon City, Exodar and Duskwood updated to more recent times.
    That's totally doable and would indeed make doing that a lot cleaner.

The question is, though, at this point, why would they? I mean that in an honest way. Maybe there is a reason that I'm just not seeing. When SL launches, if the information we have so far is accurate, you will be able to do 1-50 in any expansion (I am kind of skeptical that Cataclysm is included in this, but let's skip over that), and the wording so far has strongly suggested that you only need to pick one (though again, this could be a misreading or simply change), and that it would take 50-70% less time to reach 50 than it does to reach 120 now (not to reach 60, note, in either case). If we assume 70% less time that's probably 1-2 days played, somewhere in there (because Blizzard won't be talking about outliers). Given that, if we understand correctly, the player would have the choice of doing 1-50 in:

A) Vanilla (presumably not "all of" Vanilla but rather X zones.
    B) TBC.
    C) Wrath.
    D) MoP.
    E) WoD.
    F) Legion.
    G) BfA (indeed this will be the default for new players, we know).

At least.

Presumably there will be some work to ensure it takes about the same time in all cases - so you'd probably have to do all of all three zones and the war campaign and stuff in BfA, whereas you probably won't have to do every zone in Wrath.

So given that players have a dead minimum of 7 different quest-leveling "worlds" prior to 50-60, why would they create another 10-50 one? The only reason I can think of is to provide an extremely high quality experience that maybe they don't feel BfA will in, say, the expansion after SL. I guess I could see them doing a 10-60 experience (with your other option being 10-50 in one of the above, then 50-60 in SL), or 10-70 (assuming the level cap goes up by 10 again post-SL), which is set in the old world, but I don't think it would likely involve a total world revamp as you envision. I suspect they'd go for a tighter and more directed experience, a bit like what they're planning for the new 1-10 zone.

I mean I don't know if you're actually saying it's likely. Apologies if you're really not! I just wanted to point out, before anyone got excited, that barring some sort of surprising change, I don't think that's terribly likely in the long run, because it would be a huge effort for relatively little gain.

They could do other weird things though, too. Like assuming post-SL is 60-70, they could add SL to the 10-50 list of expansions, and then maybe expand them all to be 10-60.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They got rid of this because it made balancing virtually impossible, and it also created really unfortunate corner-case situations. They're never going to go back on this. We'll see multistrike and even reforging come back long before Warriors starting to really benefit from Agility again and it appearing on Plate gear. It's far easier to balance secondary states.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    They got rid of this because it made balancing virtually impossible, and it also created really unfortunate corner-case situations. They're never going to go back on this. We'll see multistrike and even reforging come back long before Warriors starting to really benefit from Agility again and it appearing on Plate gear. It's far easier to balance secondary states.
    I just couldn't give two shits about balance, it's more about fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

fuck balance when it gets in the way of fun

Pax weekend, could they announce something?

https://www.wowhead.com/news=281576/...a-now-playable

BfA Alpha launched Feb 7th and the final product released August 14th. It's been 19 days since the 7th, and no Alpha, just an encrypted testing realm. That's a September 2nd release date at the earliest if they want the same testing period for SL, which I'm assuming they don't want it that short. They really need to hurry if they want SL out in Sep/October.

Looks like Battle for Azeroth alpha first build was on 1/25/18 (a Thursday), and was able to be datamined right away. The actual testing didn't begin until 2/7/18 (a Wednesday almost 2 weeks later).

I forgot there was music included right away in the first build - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ld-25902-Music
    IIRC other expansions had 0 music for months. Now I'm excited to see if we'll get some Shadowlands music right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    Looks like Battle for Azeroth alpha first build was on 1/25/18 (a Thursday), and was able to be datamined right away. The actual testing didn't begin until 2/7/18 (a Wednesday almost 2 weeks later).

I forgot there was music included right away in the first build - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ld-25902-Music
    IIRC other expansions had 0 music for months. Now I'm excited to see if we'll get some Shadowlands music right away.
    Hoping that this thursday is the first dataminable build.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Hoping that this thursday is the first dataminable build.
    WoW devs appear to be keeping their cards close to their chest this time. Almost a whole month later than BfA alpha datamining and we're still not sure what to expect.

We're most likely going to have a lot of surprises soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=281576/...a-now-playable

BfA Alpha launched Feb 7th and the final product released August 14th. It's been 19 days since the 7th, and no Alpha, just an encrypted testing realm. That's a September 2nd release date at the earliest if they want the same testing period for SL, which I'm assuming they don't want it that short. They really need to hurry if they want SL out in Sep/October.
    That's the corporate mindset. I wish Blizzard would return to the Blizzard mindset and release it when it's ready. No matter if it's spring next year. For me it's not about the smaller bugs but about systems which haven't proven fun and therefore had to be scratched completely and work on something else instead.

Testing stability and such I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    That's the corporate mindset. I wish Blizzard would return to the Blizzard mindset and release it when it's ready. No matter if it's spring next year. For me it's not about the smaller bugs but about systems which haven't proven fun and therefore had to be scratched completely and work on something else instead.
    I think they will return to that after Reforged. Look how they didn't give us Diablo and Overwatch release dates on last Blizzcon.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think they will return to that after Reforged.
    I kind of seriously doubt that at this point.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    To be fair. A lot of people want 8.3 to be over and Shadowlands to come so everyone can get away from the inane amount of RNG that's been plaguing BfA.

I am become Bait, the destroyer of Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Surprisingly nobody really talks about the character customization in Shadowlands. Kinda hard to ignore that big feature but....

<.<
    dont worry heelsvsbaby face and bellular will be on the case to make videos about " are SJWs ruining wow by adding these options" And I dont even think they will stick to the human ones they will probably be like " is blizz caving to political corectness by allowing undead to be none spiny??" you know how youtubers are these daays lol