Bellular is quite progressive in his views so that's a weak attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Bellular is quite progressive in his views so that's a weak attack.
    and his videos are weak click bait

10+ Year Old Account
    It's snowing here in France, must be a sign that alpha will drop today.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I just couldn't give two shits about balance, it's more about fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    fuck balance when it gets in the way of fun
    Yawn.

People love to chat that shit "Oh I don't care about balance I just want a fun game, a TRUE RPG!" and so on. Then they realize this means the class they'd been maining is totally fucked by some balance-ignoring decision, or some OP piece of gear won't drop for them meaning they perform notably worse than others, and so on. People like you guys inevitably end up being total hypocrits. You post about how you don't care about balance, then six months later you're posting about how the gameplay is busted, or the game is unfun, and it's always because, in the end, balance wasn't being considered.

This isn't a single-player RPG where that shit might, arguably, fly.

Night of the Third day, two days remain.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post

So given that players have a dead minimum of 7 different quest-leveling "worlds" prior to 50-60, why would they create another 10-50 one? The only reason I can think of is to provide an extremely high quality experience that maybe they don't feel BfA will in, say, the expansion after SL. I guess I could see them doing a 10-60 experience (with your other option being 10-50 in one of the above, then 50-60 in SL), or 10-70 (assuming the level cap goes up by 10 again post-SL), which is set in the old world, but I don't think it would likely involve a total world revamp as you envision. I suspect they'd go for a tighter and more directed experience, a bit like what they're planning for the new 1-10 zone.

I mean I don't know if you're actually saying it's likely. Apologies if you're really not! I just wanted to point out, before anyone got excited, that barring some sort of surprising change, I don't think that's terribly likely in the long run, because it would be a huge effort for relatively little gain.
    Variety is always good. And people always miss the old versions. So if Blizzard would have removed the cata version entirely, people would riot. I wouldn't but I know a lot of people would. Besides, I never said it has to be another 10-50 zone. Remember, Teldrassil only gets destroyed in BfA. So if a new Old World is created, it has to be set after BfA and Shadowlands.

So the flow would be:

1. That new starting zone.
    2. Cata, TBC, WotLK, MoP, WoD, Legion or BfA
    3. Shadowlands
    4. Re-revamped Old World

And after that, the cycle repeats.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Nice conditioning but no, actually it takes ages in retail because everything is timegated for the sweet MAU number
    MAU? as in Monthly Active Users? so you only need to log in once a month to be counted in that metric. so timegating for MAU's isn't really a thing because nothing is timegated for longer than a month

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    MAU? as in Monthly Active Users? so you only need to log in once a month to be counted in that metric. so timegating for MAU's isn't really a thing because nothing is timegated for longer than a month
    Don't even bother, for some people MAU is just some evil idol that makes devs lazy and greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's just hilarious that they don't get what the metric even says, which is often completely against their arguments.
    As far as I'm aware, that might be why they want to change the gearing system away from Titanforging. With the forging system, you either give up on trying to complete your character and leave earlier than you would have before, or you realize that mythic+ is the best way to gear. Either way, you lose the "log in every week to clear a raid" mentality which I think affects MAU.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's just hilarious that they don't get what the metric even says, which is often completely against their arguments.
    Not really?

I mean MAU isn't even recognized by the standard account metrics so it isn't really something " OMGAD the MAU " plus every company decide what is a MAU for them.

Blizzard can decide is " when people log once at least per month "

While for Squarenix could be " when players log and play at least ,5 hours per month "

So yes, Blizzard can decide that MAU for them is X and thus making the game more oriented towards that kind of metric.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yawn.

People love to chat that shit "Oh I don't care about balance I just want a fun game, a TRUE RPG!" and so on. Then they realize this means the class they'd been maining is totally fucked by some balance-ignoring decision, or some OP piece of gear won't drop for them meaning they perform notably worse than others, and so on. People like you guys inevitably end up being total hypocrits. You post about how you don't care about balance, then six months later you're posting about how the gameplay is busted, or the game is unfun, and it's always because, in the end, balance wasn't being considered.

This isn't a single-player RPG where that shit might, arguably, fly.
    last time i complained about balance was in wotlk.. balance since then didn't really become much better, but gameplay have been steadily getting worse.. until MoP gameplay was still good, but after MoP it went downhill real quick

i never said that i don't care about balance, but i don't want balance to get in the way of gameplay and fun and take away from it.. oh and balance can be done with numbers, too bad blizzard are shit at it

10+ Year Old Account
    There has to be some level of balance, not 1:1 or super super balance just enough that things aren't absurd and stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There has to be some level of balance, not 1:1 or super super balance just enough that things aren't absurd and stupid.
    The problem with balance is the problem of classes having to feel unique.
    As i have mentioned before, good class design lives and breathes on the specific instance of going up against a situation that makes you glad you chose that specific class.
    Spriests and Balance druids get that with spread sustain AoE. My MM hunter gets it with burst single target. Fire mages get it with burst AoE.
    The specific problem here is that it is very difficult to make raids where each of these classes get the same amount of these moments without designing the bosses to be extremely similar.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Blizzard and the general playerbase's fixation with balance is what led to the homogenization issues we have to contend with in modern WoW.

Gameplay first, balance second.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I feel like Blizzard and the general playerbase's fixation with balance is what led to the homogenization issues we have to contend with in modern WoW.

Gameplay first, balance second.
    It is specifically what led to the situation in MoP that made the devs do a pruning of the classes on WoD. Whenever a new expansion rolled around the devs gave each class an ability that made them more powerful in a specific area, which over time meant that there were few abilities left that made a specific class good in a niche activity.

I hope we finally get cool new stuff from 50-60 and actually feel our character growing in power rather than the opposite, like in the BfA leveling experience.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Can you name a similarly aged game with as much support and money put into it?
    Not the point?
    Wow has always been lacking with these options.. some races have 3 skin colors.. its quite sad tbh.
    I dont think this need any more explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    I hope we finally get cool new stuff from 50-60 and actually feel our character growing in power rather than the opposite, like in the BfA leveling experience.
    Well, we will be getting those new class specific covenant abilities, as well as a generic utility ability so that's already much better than BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    It will all depend on what happens to the azerite armor when the Shadowlands pre-patch rolls around. And i suppose the essences as well. Pretty sure we will become weaker at least during the first 2-3 levels, but hopefully there won't be as sharp a cutoff as we had with 115-116 with the legiondaries.