10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I just love it when they do a live stream or such, and end it by "Oh and you can access X right now. Have fun!"...

Sadly, it doesn't seem to happen very often. <.<

- - - Updated - - -

Then I shall rub the cheekpouch (they so poofy!!) of every Hamster in my care for luck to try and make that happen!
    Give them a scratch for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm still going with Thursday, but I'm hoping for Wednesday now so that you can enjoy yourself.
    Aww you're very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You say there is problems with lag, but the only instance where i have experienced what i would call an unusual amount of lag is when the world boss in Vale is being fought.
    Even beyond that, how would you even remember Legion didnt have the same lag problems, Dalaran was infamous for being terribly optimized, but you don't seem to remember that, so why would you remember anything else being out of the ordinary.

- - - Updated - - -

From what i remember it is a build that can be used for promotional materials. More specifically it is on given to those in charge of advertising to use because it is considered moderately stable and posessing a reasonable amount of stuff to show off.

That being said i could be completely wrong, been such a long time since i read up on this. But i am pretty damn sure it is something to that effect.
    I thought it was a build sent to pc part manufacturers especially gpu manufacturers like Nvidia so they can work on driver support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Right, I know I was pessimistic about Alpha last week, and the week before that. But I'm gonna be positive and bold for this one.

That means predictions!

1. Monday: Q&A submission Thread opens.
    2. Tuesday: Secret Community Influencer Summit.
    3. Wednesday: Alpha becomes datamineable!
    4. Thursday: Q&A/Presentation with Ion.

Am I certain about any of that? Nah. But that's where I'll put my gold on this time.
    I like your predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    If this were the case, people across every server and piece of content would have issues. And I'm sorry, but I didn't experience anything such as that even before I upgraded my comp. Hell, I don't experience it in Uldum during the raid boss there at all in the same way as with the Klaxxi WB in Vale...

As for people referring to Preach... he is who he is, does he really have access to the facts and figures though?
    Bellular is another content creator laying claim to knowing shit in detail (and being a game dev) but in the end...

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much.

I remember back in WOTLK, I had 3 weeks where I literally couldn't play my main on my then server. I'd get 3k MS and lag, then DC no matter what I did. None of my guildmates had the same problem. And I could play just fine on other servers.

It never became clear what had happened, but that experience made me realize the difference between unplayable lag, and just MMORPG-lag.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the Dalaran lagfest during the PVP efforts very well. Legion had plenty of problematic moments for some players, none or not as invasive for others. Exactly the same as in BfA, regardless of the usual "current expansion is literally teh worst"-mentality so prevalent on these forums.
    Well with it being back in Panda land we can assume it’s the same thing that happened with the dinosaur boss that essentially killed everyone on that island with the frame rate of a still picture

5+ Year Old Account
    Watching a bit of that SL playthrough Ebaum linked. Damn I really want Kyrian to be an Allied Race for Alliance!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how professions will be with the revamp? Same as now but all armor made scales? Completely revamped? Revamps with old recipes and expansions crafting moved to a legacy tab?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    So, I found the exact quote about us having to break out the other heroes it's here: https://youtu.be/xHFYGcRVX_A (Should be with timestamp, but if it's not, it's at 8:44) and I found the panel where Ion talks about us going over there alive and the whole thing before the actual campaign https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q67Upjq7H8 (The first 20min basicly). Parts of that are also at the end of the deep dive panel here: https://youtu.be/6OHDAwg-Tw4 (if the timestamp isn't there, it starts at about 39:35)
    Have not forgotten about these! Thank you for taking the time to find them. Finding sources is such a hassle on the internet! I am still working my way through Ebaum's video/post then I will peruse these as well.

Just finished all my coursework for the week, took the entire last half of this Sunday

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wonder how professions will be with the revamp? Same as now but all armor made scales? Completely revamped? Revamps with old recipes and expansions crafting moved to a legacy tab?
    I really, really hope they revamp professions. Imo it should be its own fully-fleshed out system that has its own sort of endgame. I mean we're basically doing that with crafting our legendary in SL, wish they would give professions the same love.

I always feel it is awesome if someone can play their character to be "known as a Blacksmith" or "Engineer" or whatever craft they are.

The system itself is already compartimentalized so it doesn't need to be adjusted. I imagine everything before Shadowlands will go from 10-50 or whatever across it's individual band of gear.

Huh, and I was of the impression they fixed something with TM vs. SS brawl. Was a laggy/unplayable experience for me since its introduction. This week I did it even three times and still had lags but nowhere near as bad as usually. Even a friend of mine who couldn't play this brawl to date did it two times.

Just because my life loves proving me wrong, I'm going to say this: no Alpha this week.

Go ahead, life, do your thing.

thursday aint it chief...or is it?

It's ____day my dudes

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on ya'll we need to meme. We still need to get 60 pages and Alpha could be tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

It's ____day my dudes
    I don't think even blizzard knows 100% unless the build they have now is stable and are going to flip a switch. They could push a build that doesn't work out and delay it.

Come on ya'll we need to meme. We still need to get 60 pages and Alpha could be tomorrow.
    People say that Monday always looks very bleak for something like an Alpha launch to occur, and I'm also not sure why many think or believe that. Maybe there is some supporting evidence to back that up, but I think the best thing we could see tomorrow if anything were to happen would be another build or have it be dataminable, or we could just see nothing and have it be a regular day.

Something definitely feels off about this week for sure though, it might be the one
    Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

It's ____day my dudes
    Can you perhaps stop pretending that you know ANYTHING? Your blizzcon predictions already showed that you know nothing and I think everyone is aware of this.

The gifdwarf prophecy must come true.

60 more pages brothers and sisters! and the alpha will release.

Don't let your memes be dreams!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    One suspicious tweet from Muffinus and well get to 2000 in like 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Can you perhaps stop pretending that you know ANYTHING? Your blizzcon predictions already showed that you know nothing and I think everyone is aware of this.
    --->the joke
    ^^^^^
    you

Did they say anything in the side interviews about how navigation between zones will work? My base assumption was either a large hub for each zone that has portals to the other zones and Oribos, or a portal specifically to Oribos where there are portals for each zone.

But it would be really neat to have each zone have natural portals/gates on the side of the zone that faces another zone, and it seems like it'd be weird to have a portal into a place as dangerous as the Maw from the main sanctuary city.

I'd like to see bits of each realm bleed into the others, like the entrances to the Maw are slowly corrupting the land around them.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Did they say anything in the side interviews about how navigation between zones will work? My base assumption was either a large hub for each zone that has portals to the other zones and Oribos, or a portal specifically to Oribos where there are portals for each zone.

But it would be really neat to have each zone have natural portals/gates on the side of the zone that faces another zone, and it seems like it'd be weird to have a portal into a place as dangerous as the Maw from the main sanctuary city.
    [IMG]
    I would imagine it will work similar to Argus, where the zones are not connected, but you can teleport between them easily.

The way i always pictued it is that in addition ot the normal flight paths, there are some teleporters in select locations around the zones that allow passage between them. Probably in each zone's reputation hub.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would imagine it will work similar to Argus, where the zones are not connected, but you can teleport between them easily.

The way i always pictued it is that in addition ot the normal flight paths, there are some teleporters in select locations around the zones that allow passage between them. Probably in each zone's reputation hub.
    Never really thought about transportation ind SL. I think Oribos having portals to every zone is a given, though it'd be interesting to see if the realm conntect to each other. Maybe we have a portal hub in our covenant base.

Also getting to the Maw is interesting. If anything, I'd say it probably makes the most sense, that the mawis connected to oribos, but not the other realms. Maybe there is a heavily gurded, high security area around the entrance to the maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Never really thought about transportation ind SL. I think Oribos having portals to every zone is a given, though it'd be interesting to see if the realm conntect to each other. Maybe we have a portal hub in our covenant base.

Also getting to the Maw is interesting. If anything, I'd say it probably makes the most sense, that the mawis connected to oribos, but not the other realms. Maybe there is a heavily gurded, high security area around the entrance to the maw.
    I would be shocked if you would have to teleport to Oribos each time you wanted to go to another zone, it is the exact same thing as what was originally the case with Argus requiring the Vindicaar as a medium between each teleport, and that got old real fast on hte PTR.
    The world revamp dream will never die!