7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGMYT View Post
    isn't that exactly what I said above?
    So they're probably told like "expect something in March"? that seems enough of a heads up but also broad enough for any changes in the pipeline to be made.

Indeed, King Julien... Indeed...

I'm guessing it's early over there, but it's REALLY starting to burn now. It's time, make it happen!!

no alpha cya guys thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Indeed, King Julien... Indeed...

I'm guessing it's early over there, but it's REALLY starting to burn now. It's time, make it happen!!
    its like 8am i think there.

but they did put out some blue post crap about classic so theirs people working.

I'm on the thursday team too to be honest, either that or next week
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Generally not really, but this thread is a bit less strict. I am able to pull it off from time to time.

Just don't tell the mods.

mods please dont read this post thanks
    too relevant to not post tbh.

+ we need some way to keep the thread going till blizz finally decides to throw us a bone to chew over. i mean we have had like 0 new news on shadowlands since blizzcon interviews ended, we got a thread, but not much meat to fill it currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    we got a thread, but not much meat to fill it currently.
    Maybe the real alpha was the friends we made along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    awwww you're gonna make me cry D:
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    That's pretty Beta.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha dropped yesterday in fact :

https://i.imgur.com/znq0dSO.jpg

(no, it's not the EoA login screen)

Hopefully they do the same thing as the last few expansion where you did not need an active sub to play the Alpha/Beta that is the only way I will be testing it once I get my invite since I have gotten them every single time since Pandaria.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Monster Hunter - I agree with most of that but solving the brogrammer problem is part of what leads to better code, because brogrammers are very resistant to using any kind of formal measures to ensure best practices (unless they can game them in some way), and hell sometimes even to the very concept of best practice. So I am confident that they're doing a better job in these areas now than they were in say 2010.

And given they've been working on games with "random" procs and drops and so on since the 1990s, I suspect this is one area of code they're pretty good at.

Either that or they're using horrifying stuff from the 1990s haha but I suspect not.

Makes me sad that Classic is getting way more attention than retail lately. -_-

Brogrammers, what now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    @Monster Hunter - I agree with most of that but solving the brogrammer problem is part of what leads to better code, because brogrammers are very resistant to using any kind of formal measures to ensure best practices (unless they can game them in some way), and hell sometimes even to the very concept of best practice. So I am confident that they're doing a better job in these areas now than they were in say 2010.

And given they've been working on games with "random" procs and drops and so on since the 1990s, I suspect this is one area of code they're pretty good at.

Either that or they're using horrifying stuff from the 1990s haha but I suspect not.
    you would be horrified at whats still being used in various industry's all over.

also depends what you mean by brogrammer, i took it to mean that the programming industry is extremely male dominated, which is true and to fix the recruitment issues we need to attract more women into the profession (not before i have made enough to retire though, i like the really high wages). and in that regard what is good and bad code doesn't change depending on what life experience the programmer has had and whats between there legs.

but doing an urban dictionary search it seems to specifically refer to a programmer with a type of jock personality. i haven't really experienced anyone like that working in the UK, most tend to be older professional men or younger geeky adults. but that might be as i work mostly in the back end so there is not much tolerance for sloppy code and most people who i work with are in there 50s.

though you do seem to be describing some behaviour that i have witnessed in regards to being resistant to best practise and being resistant to change, but i wouldn't have called them brogrammers as they tend to be the type who don't interact much with the rest of the office, don't like people talking to them or asking or answering any questions, usually there super into open source and Linux and every one highly suspects is on the spectrum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Brogrammers, what now?
    from my search it said
    A brogrammer is a male programmer with traits often associated with fraternity brothers (bros) rather than those associated with the coder's stereotypical geeky or nerdy persona.
    its not a type of person i have ever encountered, but it must exist for there to be a term for it.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-03-10 at 04:25 PM. Reason: auto correct can suck my dick

Alpha cancelled? Has coronavirus infected Blizz offices? Shadowlands going the way of Titan?

10+ Year Old Account
    guys, we're 51 pages away from alpha, come on, we can do this! 2000 HYPE!
    [/URL]

Sorry guys, Shadowlands has been cancelled due to corona.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's been just about a month since Ion said:

"we're gonna have a lot more to talk about with Shadowlands in the very near future."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    It's been just about a month since Ion said
    Remember that for Blizzard, "soon", "very near future" can last for months/years.