They actually did rush out Legion information though. Announced the expansion at Gamescom earlier that year, rather than Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tbf, they've got actual numbers on player engagement.

If they ain't sounding the alarm, neither should we. The "state" of the game has always been used as an argument, I've seen it said in so many posts over so many expansions that it's mindboggling.

And not even in WoD did they rush, we got a 16-month drought and they put out Legion.
    That's because there was no way in hell they would rush Legion after the abomination known as Warlords of Draenor, they had to get it right, for the most part they did, but they screwed the game's future in terms of rng and gear design. The game's current state is pretty bad-ish and Shadowlands can't come soon enough, but 8.3 is not even in the same galaxy as WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    They actually did rush out Legion information though. Announced the expansion at Gamescom earlier that year, rather than Blizzcon.
    Exactly, they needed hype out for something better, WoD is the closest WoW has come to dying.

5+ Year Old Account
    Told y'all nothing would happen if it's not done by 10-11am PST !! Why must I be right on this but I can't be right about Alpha datamining/start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    WoD is the closest WoW has come to dying.
    Which is pretty nuts.

And for SL, they didn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And for SL, they didn't do that.
    BfA might genuinely have higher player engagement numbers than WoD ever did. They just might feel they don't need to rush anything, especially after the Reforged fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Exactly, they needed hype out for something better, WoD is the closest WoW has come to dying.
    bad content is still preferable to no content. people can still play bad content, but they cant play no content.

and BFA isnt really all that bad, yea it made me take a break for a few months but tbh my main gripe is mostly aimed at how alot of my fave classes play now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    bad content is still preferable to no content. people can still play bad content, but they cant play no content.

and BFA isnt really all that bad, yea it made me take a break for a few months but tbh my main gripe is mostly aimed at how alot of my fave classes play now.
    nooooooo!!!!1 heelvsbaby face told me BATTLE FOR AZEROTH is a DISASTER (Subs bellow 100k?!) !! ACTIVISION BLIZZARD are PATHETIC !!

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    nooooooo!!!!1 heelvsbaby face told me BATTLE FOR AZEROTH is a DISASTER (Subs bellow 100k?!) !! ACTIVISION BLIZZARD are PATHETIC !!
    Haha yea, to many hate streamers cashing in on disaster news that isn't really true. It's not that there isn't truth in the critisim, I agree with a fair few of the points they raise, problem is, it's not as sensational as the claim.

Thing they forget though is unlike wod, we actualy have content to argue over if its good or bad.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do we say to god of alpha?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Tomorrow please

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely think that Alpha was coming out, builds were coming out, they were going to but something made them change their minds, perhaps something was breaking that wasn't up to standards, or whatever. It'll come out when it comes out, presumably this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wrong on it coming today.. oh well....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post

Most people probably wouldn't argue that bfa has content, it's just all the player/class systems that suck so much they bring everything else down. If class design was on the level of mop in popularity, this would be considered a fantastic expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Told y'all nothing would happen if it's not done by 10-11am PST !! Why must I be right on this but I can't be right about Alpha datamining/start.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is pretty nuts.
    Just because it didn't happen today doesn't mean it can't happen late another day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Most people probably wouldn't argue that bfa has content, it's just all the player/class systems that suck so much they bring everything else down. If class design was on the level of mop in popularity, this would be considered a fantastic expansion.
    Well in the story would still be shit, and the content we do have is kind of meh but it would be a good expansion. Just not fantastic. They need a home run with Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    Tomorrow please
    Yes pls I'm off tomorrow.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    BfA might genuinely have higher player engagement numbers than WoD ever did. They just might feel they don't need to rush anything, especially after the Reforged fiasco.
    I feel pretty certain that BfA does have much better engagement than WoD, yeah. I mean, there's a ton to complain about in BfA, but there's also a ton to do, and there's a content that, even if hate some other bit of content, you can engage with instead. Basically unless you hate everything, there's a lot to do and even 8.3's corruptions have all sorts of balance issues, there's a lot that/s kinda fun at least.

Which was OMG not true of WoD. WoD not only had little to do, but what it did have, most of it was un-fun, even compared to BfA. People are kind to WoD now, because it had good visual design, and it's very pleasant to level through, which is how we experience it now, so people are more positive, but it's right up there with Cataclysm for "expansions that nearly made me give up on WoW entirely", and where Cataclysm was lame and irritating, WoD was just... dull... If I wanted that kind of dull-ness, I could play any number of MMOs. As irritating as BfA can be, at least it's not in a "typical 2010s+ MMO boredom" way.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Maybe not today, but tomorrow please?

We just need everyone to post more, as soon as we hit page 2000 Muffinus will open the Alpha for datamining. It's in the prophecy.

I'm 99% sure it will come this week. Since we got N'zoth LFR for..... special players in EU. Therefor, whole "story/content" of BFA is done now. It's just logical thinking...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Just because it didn't happen today doesn't mean it can't happen late another day.
    You're right Chicky. I gotta get a hold of myself. But seriously I'm too excited for Shadowlands. MrGM's playthrough during Blizzcon was a treat to watch. It will be great exploring all the zones.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well, as someone on this thread told me, every day is 100% the day
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.