Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    March literally just started.

Sent from my ZTE A2020G Pro using Tapatalk
    I don't consider 11 days in to be "just started"-level, but it's mostly to stop hyping myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You seem to take a very simplistic surface level view of the theme of a patch.

WoD starts with us learing that there is an alternate reality where the orcs did not drink the demon blood, we then go through the portal and see it for ourselves. There is a lot of hints of Burning Leigon involvement, but nothing really comes of it until 6.1, when Gul'dan declares Grommash failed at his vision, and instead makes history repeat itself quite forcibly, by making Kilrogg drink the demon blood, eventually leading to a second resurgence of the demonic orcs. The final raid is then in Hellfire Citadel, the ruins of what was once the Iron Horde stronghold, fighting against fel infused Iron Horde technology as well as demons.

On the surface level it is Orcs and then suddenly Demons, but if you look a bit closer you can see that there is a consistent narrative thread running through it that means that when the final boss of the expansion is Archimonde it makes sense in context.

Legion starts with having ot repel the Burning Legion again, through a lot of faffing bout we eventually end up on Argus, homeworld of the Legion, where we learn that the demons immortality comes from Sargeras using a previously unknown Titan as a battery. We also learn that he has captured the souls of the titans and is intending to use them to further his agenda that began with the Burning Legion.

Again, in this scenario us ending up fighting against argus on the Seat of the Pantheon after destroying the Burning Legion high command in Antorus makes perfect narrative sense, even if the final boss isnt directly applicable ot the opening theme, the story has given us a reason to think he is.

BfA does not have this narrative threaad, which is what makes it unique, it starts with Faction war, and then in 8.2.5 the faction war story ends and we get Old Gods instead, nothing in the expansion has given us a reason to assume that what the expansion started with has anything to do with what the expansion ended with.
    You were seriously not paying attention to either the quests or the marketing material if you thought the entire expansion wasn't planned as the old god expansion. Go watch the Azshara warbringer short and tell me it wasn't abundantly obvious Nzoth would be the big bad.

Maybe coronavirus is fucking with Blizzard.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Maybe coronavirus is fucking with Blizzard.
    How would it be fucking with blizzard if its mostly software related stuff? aside from that blizz will probably follow EA Dice, Discord, spotify etcs example and have people work from home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGMYT View Post
    https://twitter.com/towelthetank/sta...51721151287299
    Toweliee with an interesting tweet!

Perhaps teasing at this?
    1. wowdev (Encrypted Alpha)
    2. wowv? (Encrypted WoW Vendor)
    3. wow_beta? (Unencrypted Alpha/Beta)
    Or there will be 3 builds this week (or 1 of 3 week to wait)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    That was justified. Sylvanas did that to slay all the Alliance scum. Also, if afterlife exists, what's wrong with genocide?
    While I think is a cool plotpoint in theory of how death working, I think the execution of slyvanas and death was just bad to where so much info on slyvanas was kept from the player and is still kept with the shadowlands, that the story takes too much time to give slyvanas' view in any fair light. Like a lot of this happened in prepatch, and slyvanas only really shows in bfa in very small snippets until the 8.25 cinematic. I think it could of been a cool storyline but blizz just messed up and with the SL intro plot of slyvanas is big brained and has been doing this from the start, so much falls apart. maybe they can do interesting stories with death in SL but the bfa plot failed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldentforce View Post
    While I think is a cool plotpoint in theory of how death working, I think the execution of slyvanas and death was just bad to where so much info on slyvanas was kept from the player and is still kept with the shadowlands, that the story takes too much time to give slyvanas' view in any fair light. Like a lot of this happened in prepatch, and slyvanas only really shows in bfa in very small snippets until the 8.25 cinematic. I think it could of been a cool storyline but blizz just messed up and with the SL intro plot of slyvanas is big brained and has been doing this from the start, so much falls apart. maybe they can do interesting stories with death in SL but the bfa plot failed
    No Genocide is not justified, regardless of an afterlife, nobody asked to be killed and sent to the shadowlands possibly to not see their family and friends so on and so forth. The fact it needs to be explained.... *Sigh*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Or, you know, it's gibberish.

(1 of 5) tiabkootyehT

Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    He is now saying first week of april.
    Just like he said first week of march before

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No Genocide is not justified, regardless of an afterlife, nobody asked to be killed and sent to the shadowlands possibly to not see their family and friends so on and so forth. The fact it needs to be explained.... *Sigh*
    Nobody asked to be put in Durnholde possibly to not see their family and friends. However, Alliance thinks that was the act of benevolence.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Nobody asked to be put in Durnholde possibly to not see their family and friends. However, Alliance thinks that was the act of benevolence.
    Should have killed them all instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

Are you seriously comparing prison camps to genocide?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Should have killed them all instead.
    Do not encourage him.

Are you seriously comparing prison camps to genocide?

I suppose so.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Because they were dealing with extraterrestrial invaders and the alternative was to kill them all?

And the Alliance was far different than it is now. By that logic, I can hold all of the Horde accountable for the Path of Glory. You're the one justifying genocide, nobody else.

Do not encourage him.

I suppose so.
    If someone still actually thinks Sylvanas burned Teldrassil in order to win a war for the Horde, they're just hopeless in regards to following the actual story. I don't think explaining anything will do much, because things have been thoroughly explained regarding what the war was really for by now and if someone still didn't catch it, they never will

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    If someone still actually thinks Sylvanas burned Teldrassil in order to win a war for the Horde, they're just hopeless in regards to following the actual story. I don't think explaining anything will do much, because things have been thoroughly explained regarding what the war was really for by now and if someone still didn't catch it, they never will
    She was just making deals with Azshara and demanding that she ends both the Alliance and Horde to win the war for the Horde.

She's OurQueen after all!!! You just don't understand her 4D interdimensional underwater backgammon because your mind has been infected by Lionfang's treasonous poison.

Fucking stop with this, thats justifying genocide, no fuck off with this nonsense. Don't even start with "Why so hostile" That kind of "twist" just makes it look like "WELP GENOCIDE IS A OK GUYS"
    Find it odd people compare fiction morals with real life morals.

How are you able to play almost any game when you can't separate the two?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Find it odd people compare fiction morals with real life morals.

How are you able to play almost any game when you can't separate the two?
    We really going to have this discussion?

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    She was just making deals with Azshara and demanding that she ends both the Alliance and Horde to win the war for the Horde.

She's OurQueen after all!!! You just don't understand her 4D interdimensional underwater backgammon because your mind has been infected by Lionfang's treasonous poison.
    I'm quite sure if anyone is poisoning my mind it's N'zoth and no one else!

... and I like Backgammon (although I can confirm 4D interdimensional underwater may be beyond me).

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Would probably say the latter :P.
    There is still 3 weeks left of march .

And my predictions are usually off by a week.