10+ Year Old Account
    Bleeding Edge Minmaxers just need to wowflix and chill.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I bought that game but never played it. My brother keeps begging me to. I've heard its very good.

- - - Updated - - -

They just need to let us switch between covenant abilities or something, or pick which one we want. I personally will be picking what I think looks coolest unless an ability looks so good/cant live without it etc that I choose a different one. Unless the Necrolord ability is something like Wake of Ashes while the other abilities are slows or something really unbalanced Ill be going with what looks cool. I know not everyone has that luxury, but I don't play at near a high enough level for it to matter that much.

I feel like the Soulbind trees will be a lot easier to balance than the covenant abilities. Most of the soulbind talents seem to be the more boring or quality of life talents, and not a hugely big throughput talent. Nobody is going to pick a new covenant because it gives 5% crit over 5% vers. What people will change covenants for is situational abilities that literally make a raid easy mode over the other abilities etc.
    The soul binds are what I am hoping to be permanent unlocks

Covenants seem to be a big draw in terms of cosmetics

To anyone still doubting that Towelliee's got a direct line: He had a title saying "100 reasons to WoW" hours before the 100% came out.

Which to me confirms nothing until April. God I hope it's April 1st or 2nd, rather than 20th... T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    To anyone still doubting that Towelliee's got a direct line: He had a title saying "100 reasons to WoW" hours before the 100% came out.
    O..ok..?

I still doubt Towelliee.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    O..ok..?

I still doubt Towelliee.
    And you're free to do so, he's still got a direct line for a fact.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    What I still fail to understand: why didn't they just make covenants pure aesthetics? Mounts/Pets/Armor/questline? Most people will choose a covenant for the aesthetic and I already have this feeling that people who go Kyrian will get screwed with soulbinds. Covenant should be just for the looks, soulbinds (or whatever progression system will be in place) should be free to choose from, regardless of you covenant.
    I agree with you. But we will have to see what Blizzard does. If racials are anything to go by, Blizzard doesn't support our stance on the issue, so brace yourself to just suck it up.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    I agree with you. But we will have to see what Blizzard does. If racials are anything to go by, Blizzard doesn't support our stance on the issue, so brace yourself to just suck it up.
    Racials have not really been problematic for a while, and the most recent one, that being the Belf mass silence in Legion was a problem that arose from a new system.
    The only reason some racials are considered better for some classes is because of small things like 1% crit being somewhat impactful for Fire mages compared to 1% versatility, or Haste.

Removing the racials at this point would really do nothing but drive home that races are nothing but different skins, killing one of the last remaining remnants of the old-school RPG elements.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're straining yourself pretty badly there. I'm not talking about individual essences, but the underlying system. You don't unlock individual talents, either.

Besides, the biggest difference isn't the technical workings, but the reason they were implemented. Artifacts exist so you have something to work toward at level cap, talents don't.
    Talents exhist so you have something to work towards as you level, you unlock talents as you level. The systems are the same. They fulfill the same rpg elements of customisation and power progression. Hell some rpg's even use the essence style for there main leveling talents. Like eso for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Talents exhist so you have something to work towards as you level, you unlock talents as you level. The systems are the same. They fulfill the same rpg elements of customisation and power progression. Hell some rpg's even use the essence style for there main leveling talents. Like eso for example.
    Thats how it was in vanilla(Talents themselves were mostly like how Artifact talents were). You're basically asking for some feature to make you feel like you are getting something for leveling up and feeling stronger as you level. The current version of Talents give you something more interesting then "Increase your X ability by 3%."

Thats not a good talent system to go back to.

And don't even mention ESO, ESO only lets you use so many abilities(5-6)
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-03-21 at 05:50 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I have this feeling that heirlooms are going away in 9.0.

Leveling is being sped up so much in the upcoming revamp that there's going to be no real need for them. People who've collected a lot of them and the upgrades should probably be compensated, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post

Leveling is being sped up so much in the upcoming revamp that there's going to be no real need for them. People who've collected a lot of them and the upgrades should probably be compensated, though.
    I could see the mount being moved into the FoS category for legacy achievements.

Still though, not entirely convinced Heirlooms are going away, especially considering we got some just this expansion, unless you mean specifically the EXP boost from them, which seems mostly unneeded seeing as that is the only reason you wear them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of course Towellie has direct line, I think he was only major streamer that said something is happening on 8.3 reveal day. It's not hard to distinguish when he's using clickbait and when he tease real thing, just listen what he has to say, not only read title.

10+ Year Old Account

Why ? All these gold thrown away for nothing ? Nah...
    (ok with one condition, let them reimburse us lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats how it was in vanilla(Talents themselves were mostly like how Artifact talents were). You're basically asking for some feature to make you feel like you are getting something for leveling up and feeling stronger as you level. The current version of Talents give you something more interesting then "Increase your X ability by 3%."

Thats not a good talent system to go back to.

And don't even mention ESO, ESO only lets you use so many abilities(5-6)
    but that's my point, im not arguing if there good /bad or right or wrong only that the new systems are talent systems. its what they are.

I wish Shadowlands/WoW got the D4 Quarterly update Treatmentttttttt

just adding a post so we can get to page 3000 and have alpha released
    It should never be believed that life, liberty, and happiness will fall from the sky. Everything is rooted in one's own will, in one's own labour.

here is popular "influencer" preach during 6.3

https://youtu.be/g75YgZL-HuI?t=1483

"tbc was my favorite expansion, people really didnt have alts, you had so much to do, youd log on to your main and have so much extra things to do"

"theres so much focus on on fast ways of gearing up other characters instead of ways to love our mains"

then proceeds to trash BFA all xpac for having too much to do on 1 char

LUL

again if blizzard is listening to these peoples feedback instead of what people are actually playing by their metrics it will kill their product

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    but that's my point, im not arguing if there good /bad or right or wrong only that the new systems are talent systems. its what they are.
    I don't see any way to earn talents post(or independent of) level cap, so no, they aren't.

They only seem identical to you because you keep ignoring the major differences between the two systems. Essences and Azerite aren't just the slots to fill in, but also the way of obtaining them. Artifact weapons, by design, didn't even have any choice beyond what order you pick the bonuses in.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    here is popular "influencer" preach during 6.3

https://youtu.be/g75YgZL-HuI?t=1483

"tbc was my favorite expansion, people really didnt have alts, you had so much to do, youd log on to your main and have so much extra things to do"

"theres so much focus on on fast ways of gearing up other characters instead of ways to love our mains"

then proceeds to trash BFA all xpac for having too much to do on 1 char

LUL

again if blizzard is listening to these peoples feedback instead of what people are actually playing by their metrics it will kill their product
    You may have plenty to do on one character in BfA but if the tasks to do plus your class suck there no fun attached to it. That was exactly my issue with BfA. I'm playing Classic right now so... strange that a 15 year old version of WoW keeps me hooked way more than BfA. And it's exactly because of the issues I mentioned in the first sentence.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account

I hella doubt that.

If anything they are gonna either reduce or remove the xp boost.

Formerly known as Arafal