Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    What do you guys think of the Soulbind trees? They seem pretty bare-bones to me.

Lukewarm is all I can say.

What do you guys think of the Soulbind trees? They seem pretty bare-bones to me.

Know too little about it, But imo Soulbinds should be less covenant tied than the abilities are.

Azerite went through many iterations from introduction at blizzcon til release, so I assume the same applies to soulbinds. This won't be what we get in the end, albeit similar.

Very short. We can only hope there will be huge amount of soulbinds.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account

Could be interesting, waiting to see how fast the journey is to unlocking them fully and what all the talents are

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Could be interesting, waiting to see how fast the journey is to unlocking them fully and what all the talents are
    Also, pretty much guaranteed they will be expanded in content patches, just like Artifacts and Azerites were. So treat it as a first tier system.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-03-22 at 09:13 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you agree that they work differently. I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue here, you're not making any sense. The colour of the bar is irrelevant, the relevant point is that the bar isn't linked to the experience bar. It's a seperate progression system.

I'm saying it's not a talent system because it has a different purpose, not because the way you choose your power gains is different. You're arguing they're the same because they have similar UI elements, which is rather silly.
    It has exactly the same purpose, Customizing your char through unlockable abilities ernt through progression.

For some unknown reason you think that progression at end game vs leveling progression some how makes what is clearly a talent system not a talent system. You do know alot of games with only 1 system have the ability to keep unlocking post leveling as well like eso.

It's a talent system, stop being obtuse

The method ou unlock something dosnt change what that something is. A truck is a truck no matter how you came about owning it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Remind me again what the purpose of Soulbinding is(Too long since Blizzcon)
    You bind yourself to one of a few characters, that gives you access to a passive talent tree specific to the character and makes you stronger.

Formerly known as Arafal

Didn’t they say that this is 100% not what the UI would look like and it’s just a mock-up for Blizzcon? Also that they’re tweaking how many upgrades? We don’t know anything about soul binds rn basically

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    We don’t know anything about soul binds rn basically
    That can be attested to most things about SL. Honestly, pretty frustrating in general. Barely anything to discuss and we're left with bated breath to wait for SL for weeks now. What's there even to discuss?

That can be attested to most things about SL. Honestly, pretty frustrating in general. Barely anything to discuss and we're left with bated breath to wait for SL for weeks now. What's there even to discuss?
    Why are you even posting here bullular, dont you have some work to do? Wtf

Thats a bit presumptious to call it bad just by one image.
    i am ok with it being how it is

and that is mainly because "horizontal progression"

adding more to the trees as time goes on in the expansion is perfectly fine especially since we had a tiny glimpse of it in BFA with 8.1 and them adding another ring to the azerite gear. I dont want 20 systems that are all shit and make the previous ones useless....just take the systems that look hopeful and build them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Some of the rares do drop mounts and toys though, not nearly enough, but still.
    remember when all rares had something they dropped and werent watered down

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

No one is going to convince me they actually, actually think that paladins sitting there auto-attacking with seals is better design than current paladin. And I say that as someone who enjoys auto-attack and proc based combat. I liked Vanilla ehancement, but I'm not going to pretend it was better designed than the current one. It just isn't.
    When what you are discussing is the downward spiral of class design from MoP to now in BfA. Why then are you comparing the design of a Ret Paladin NOW to the design 15 years ago in Vanilla where you "auto attacked with seals".

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    A truck is a truck no matter how you came about owning it.
    I was never talking about the truck but about different systems to attain ownership, though. Which seems completely lost on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    When what you are discussing is the downward spiral of class design from MoP to now in BfA. Why then are you comparing the design of a Ret Paladin NOW to the design 15 years ago in Vanilla where you "auto attacked with seals".
    Because MoP to BFA hasn't changed that drastically since Mist. It changed completely from Wrath to Cata MoP design is superior to the cata version.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Didn’t they say that this is 100% not what the UI would look like and it’s just a mock-up for Blizzcon? Also that they’re tweaking how many upgrades? We don’t know anything about soul binds rn basically
    We know that they will be passive based abilities we either unlock or get to choose. Conduits are items we can slot into our soulbinds for different passive abilities. Like that one that shows Enshrouding Mist, the Dev who did the presentation about it also showed it can instead be slotted with a healing based conduit Grisly Succor "Healing an ally who is below 50% health grants them 5% leech for 6 sec".

It also shows how wildly different a single soulbind tree can be and people still trying to act like the covenant ability is the only thing that matters for whether one covenant is OP over another.

Dawoot, why are there 2 maintenance windows this week? Wednesday and Thursday... Maybe it's working-from-home or something showing itself.

Because MoP to BFA hasn't changed that drastically since Mist. It changed completely from Wrath to Cata MoP design is superior to the cata version.
    "MoP to BfA hasn't changed much."

Okay.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    For those interested in Shadowlands music like me check this french demo from Blizzcon https://youtu.be/3oK2NDQCdDE
    You can hear Bastion music much better than in other gameplays from my research (check around 13:00).
    From what I can hear there are two music tunes that are playing at random times which is quite unusual for a Blizzcon demo.
    Gimme that datamining already Blizz, I wanna hear more of this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    "MoP to BfA hasn't changed much."

Okay.
    For Ret Paladins specifically...so don't take me out of context. And its far preferable to the...atrocity that was Vanilla back then.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi