Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Then.. don't go to 9.0 threads?..
    Blizz is fucking with us right now

They figured out how to keep it encrypted and now they are blue balling the data mining community and those who are waiting on the build

The storm is coming

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Well children have 0 money and ppl think streamers only care about money
    Man what? Children, at least some children, clearly have access to an awful lot of money, by hook or by crook. Ever been on Twitch in the morning? There are tons of kid-oriented streamers on, and a significant minority of streamers at all times of day seem to targeting primarily the 12-18 market (including the most successful streamers).

Like mass rez being in the vanilla files
    Was it? Not surprising, I guess, other games had Mass Res long before WoW even came out.

Heck dude I don’t like some streamers but they tend to point shit out.
    In Alpha? Do they? Like what, specifically?

My experience is that most streamers, with some noble exceptions, only point out things are broken or problematic when they've been that way a while, and usually do so in a way that's entirely non-constructive. They also shriek, whine and call things "broken" when they totally aren't, but rather just aren't to their taste.

Blizz is fucking with us right now

They figured out how to keep it encrypted and now they are blue balling the data mining community and those who are waiting on the build

The storm is coming
    They...theyve always known how to encrypt builds, been doing it for years; they always have 3-4 encrypted builds before pushing a decrypted one a few days before alpha actually launches. There have just been more than usual because of everything going on and wether or not it’s delaying progress

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Then.. don't go to 9.0 threads?..
    I mean, I'm still going to come here but I'm really in no hurry to find out what's in store. I'd rather Blizzard takes their time with these builds and decrypt them when they're ready, not at the behest of the community. It's the bigger moments, like dungeons and raids, I'll probably dip out from.

Well children have 0 money and ppl think streamers only care about money

Better keep the kids away from cartoons as well
    I'm sure that's also why there's not a single saturday morning cartoon with an associated toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    I mean, I'm still going to come here but I'm really in no hurry to find out what's in store. I'd rather Blizzard takes their time with these builds and decrypt them when they're ready, not at the behest of the community. It's the bigger moments, like dungeons and raids, I'll probably dip out from.
    Some are actually very curious to see it.

But Blizzard wouldn't rush builds for the particular purpose of them being datamined, so I don't think that was ever a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Man what? Children, at least some children, clearly have access to an awful lot of money, by hook or by crook. Ever been on Twitch in the morning? There are tons of kid-oriented streamers on, and a significant minority of streamers at all times of day seem to targeting primarily the 12-18 market (including the most successful streamers).

Was it? Not surprising, I guess, other games had Mass Res long before WoW even came out.

In Alpha? Do they? Like what, specifically?

My experience is that most streamers, with some noble exceptions, only point out things are broken or problematic when they've been that way a while, and usually do so in a way that's entirely non-constructive. They also shriek, whine and call things "broken" when they totally aren't, but rather just aren't to their taste.
    Preach reported stuff in his alpha streams

Bajheera does

Heck kaif even did

The kids thing...again parents need to parent

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Preach reported stuff in his alpha streams

Bajheera does

Heck kaif even did
    Like what? How often did they do it?

I just don't fucking believe, for one second, that streamers, with audiences, spent time reporting every bug/issue they found in Alpha, because otherwise literally 1/4 of their time on stream would be them typing a bug/feedback report.

Reporting a token thing every dozen or few dozen hours is one thing - and it's fine in an open beta or the like - but in an Alpha? It's pretty lame.

The kids thing...again parents need to parent
    ???????

What I'm saying is it's nonsensical to claim kids have no money.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Encryped build critt for 10% killing hype.

Shits getting boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Like what? How often did they do it?

I just don't fucking believe, for one second, that streamers, with audiences, spent time reporting every bug/issue they found in Alpha, because otherwise literally 1/4 of their time on stream would be them typing a bug/feedback report.

Reporting a token thing every dozen or few dozen hours is one thing - and it's fine in an open beta or the like - but in an Alpha? It's pretty lame.

???????

What I'm saying is it's nonsensical to claim kids have no money.
    Ive seen Preach report multiple times an hour. Early on hr probably averages 3 or 4 an hour. He actually cares about the game and so dont his viewers. People like Asmongold you are probably closer too. In toweliees defence, I have seen him report too. I dont watch him that often, but I definitely have seen him report multiple bugs in the small amount of time I have watched him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Encryped build critt for 10% killing hype.

Shits getting boring.
    I agree, but blizzard doesnt care about whether we are bored or not.

I think what probably was going to happen is a Shadowlands summit in early March, with Alpha launching soon after, but because they had to cancel the the summit, they decided to wait until the build was more stable, and complete. If they cant hype people up with summit news, better of waiting till the first build is really polished for Alpha. I suspect it will be a very good first build. We shall see.

7+ Year Old Account
    So something fun to discuss, What do we think we will get in the first alpha build?

My thoughts are

Bastion zone
    Class Changes
    1 Dungeon
    Level Squish
    Some of the new cosmetic character options
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2020-03-25 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So something fun to discuss, What do we think we will get in the first alpha build?

My thoughts are

Bastion zone
    Class Changes
    1 Dungeon
    Level Squish
    i think mainly 1-2 zones, the class changes i doubt so much, its gonna be in the beggining of the alpha, maybe they gonna do blue post about how they want to change certain specs.

10+ Year Old Account

My thoughts are

Bastion zone
    Class Changes
    1 Dungeon
    Level Squish
    I think Bastion and Revendreth, and some of the covenant systems.

Im hoping for Covenant sets and Mounts as far as models go, really looking forward to that so can start planning which covenant my main + alts will go to.

I don't really care about alpha/beta but blizzard should really come out and start talking about stuff from Shadowlands. Being this quiet for so long after announcement is kinda strange.

Some info pretty PLEASE!

I wish they had the Weekly disappointment box fix earlier than in 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post

Im hoping for Covenant sets and Mounts as far as models go, really looking forward to that so can start planning which covenant my main + alts will go to.
    Revendreth is the final zone though, if we were to get 2 zones we'd get Bastion and Archenweald.

10+ Year Old Account

My thoughts are

Bastion zone
    Class Changes
    1 Dungeon
    Level Squish
    Bastion, the bastion dungeon, the level squish, covenant end game isn't in yet obviously, but we probably get a soulbind or two with limited progression to work on. I think there will be a decent bit of class changes, but mostly a mess and unfinished. Probably a lot of whining that X class didnt change much even though we clearly have at least 6 months till launch.

2 weeks later, Maldraxxus, dungeon. Very beginning of Soulbinds for zone.

2 weeks later, Adrenweald zone, dungeon. beginning of Soulbinds for zone.

3 weeks later, Revendreth and 2 dungeons. Soulbind stuff. Max level 60. World quests unlocked.

2 weeks later, rest of dungeons, prof updates, Covenant end game quests perhaps, but a lot more covenant power progression unlocked.

Week or 2 later the Maw, Torghast, Most covenant content unlocked. Basic Legendaries crafting.

Few weeks later, legendary crafting, Maw updates, Torghast reward tuning etc.

And for the next couple months Class changes, rewards etc get polished up for release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post

I doubt revendreth will be open until at least a few weeks later. Its the final zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Revendreth is the final zone though, if we were to get 2 zones we'd get Bastion and Archenweald.
    I think its more likely to only get 1 zone, but progress will be fast. 1-2 weeks intervals in between major content unlocks like zones etc. First few weeks with 1 zone, 1-2 dungeons, Beginning of Covenant stuff, and leveling changes will be more than enough to keep us salivating.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    Ardenweald, and not necessarily. They could just skip the story at first, since they need to have scaling tech in place for alts anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Ardenweald, I think all the zones look great, but this is absolutely gorgeous. Im still in awe at how good the art team is.

I honestly 100% believe that not only does WoWs artstyle knock every mmo out of the water, but the actual fidelity in a zone like above is also reaching modern mmo fidelity. Current WoW probably has better "Graphics than FF, Guild Wars 2 etc at this point. The foliage and level of detail in the above image is a step up from BFA.

5+ Year Old Account
    funny how a hugely common complaint a few years back (cataclysm mainly) was how bad WoWs graphics were.