where's this pic from? I don't remember seeing a big ass tree in the announcement video.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    funny how a hugely common complaint a few years back (cataclysm mainly) was how bad WoWs graphics were.
    That's because they "remade" the 1-60 zones, without actually updating ANY of the beasts and terrain therein. The zones were visually stuck in 2004 still.

The Cata zones were higher in quality, and MoP improved even more, but not until WoD did they REALLY start to come into their own in terms of HD models and landscapes. And they are still improving. I figured they couldn't develop visuals further beyond BfA, but I'm sure they will just the same.

Also, quite a few confuse art style for graphics. WoW's art style = how it manages to age so well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Speaking of Ardenweald, I think all the zones look great, but this is absolutely gorgeous. Im still in awe at how good the art team is.

I honestly 100% believe that not only does WoWs artstyle knock every mmo out of the water, but the actual fidelity in a zone like above is also reaching modern mmo fidelity. Current WoW probably has better "Graphics than FF, Guild Wars 2 etc at this point. The foliage and level of detail in the above image is a step up from BFA.
    Can only agree. God I wish they'd apply the amazing new tools to all remaining old looking zones and models though, aka, WORLD REVAMP PLOX!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonwho View Post
    anyone mind telling me what the difference is between this and the other builds?

basically what makes Vendor builds different from the other ones?

3+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Ardenweald, I think all the zones look great, but this is absolutely gorgeous. Im still in awe at how good the art team is.

I honestly 100% believe that not only does WoWs artstyle knock every mmo out of the water, but the actual fidelity in a zone like above is also reaching modern mmo fidelity. Current WoW probably has better "Graphics than FF, Guild Wars 2 etc at this point. The foliage and level of detail in the above image is a step up from BFA.
    I'm thinking of going Necrolords but Ardenweald is soo beautiful I'm thinking of changing my mind. Plus Bwonsamdi's realm is there so there's that too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't know the difference between the two builds but hopefully that's a good sign that progress is being made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    anyone mind telling me what the difference is between this and the other builds?

basically what makes Vendor builds different from the other ones?
    IF I remember correctly vendor builds can be for graphic card manufacturers, it can be for BlizzCon. Vendor builds usually means PTR/Alpha/Beta is close.

Bwonsamdi's realm is in Ardenweald? That's interesting if true, I figured he'd be in the Necrolord's area.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Bwonsamdi's realm is in Ardenweald? That's interesting if true, I figured he'd be in the Necrolord's area.
    Ardenweald is sorta the nature realm, We know other wilds gods and loa will be found there

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I think the entrance to it is there, but his realm is a separate 'pocket dimension'
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    So something fun to discuss, What do we think we will get in the first alpha build?

My thoughts are

Bastion zone
    Class Changes
    1 Dungeon
    Level Squish
    Some of the new cosmetic character options
    I’m hoping for more but I think you nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    IF I remember correctly vendor builds can be for graphic card manufacturers, it can be for BlizzCon. Vendor builds usually means PTR/Alpha/Beta is close.
    Thanks really appreciated it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Aren't vendor builds distributed to the media for reporting/article-writing purposes so they can have material and article written the second the alpha kicks off.

I could just be spreading the most incorrect misinformation in the universe here so bear with me heh.
    Last edited by Merryck; 2020-03-26 at 01:51 AM.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Aren't vendor builds distributed to the media for reporting/article-writing purposes so they can have material and article written the second the alpha kicks off.

I could just be spreading the most incorrect misinformation in the universe here so bear with me heh.
    You might be right. That's a good sign that things are progressing to the point where we'll be able to data mine hopefully something soon!

Honestly if they are gonna announce Shadowlands coming in 2021 and blame corona for it I would be fine with it.

10+ Year Old Account

It seems like it is more for CPU and GPU manufacturers, I searched for answers and I couldn't find an official one but a guy on Reddit said it. So it must be true.

Obviously joking, but I wouldn't think Blizzard is letting people play Alpha earlier, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Honestly if they are gonna announce Shadowlands coming in 2021 and blame corona for it I would be fine with it.

Same because I just want a good game idc if it takes a few more months to bake

I like it, but it just feels too much like WoD Shadowmoon Valley with a little Spires of Arak (for the darker parts of Ardenweald) for me, so that "wow!" factor at the general aesthetic is probably not gonna be as powerful as back then.

I particularly love the skybox in the few properly foresty/dense areas when you look through the trees.

Also not saying they are the same. I can very much tell they're different, but both capture the same mystical, magical forest aesthetic. Regardless, Ardenweald looks to have more atmospheric effects and foliage and tree density, so that's going to look good regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Can only agree. God I wish they'd apply the amazing new tools to all remaining old looking zones and models though, aka, WORLD REVAMP PLOX!
    Honestly, I'd be happy if they just replaced the ground textures all around the world with higher quality ones, same for the foliage and then maybe trees. Those are the worst ones.

But new/updated skyboxes would be great too. The ones nowadays add so much atmosphere. I love the Highmountain one, the Darkshore one, the Shadowmoon Valley one, and I'm sure there are a lot that I am forgetting about.

Naturally, updated objects like buildings, rocks, etc. would also be great, but that's probably a greater undertaking than the above. As an aside, since Blizzard updates old world creatures every so often, those will eventually also be mostly HD, so that's also nice.

10+ Year Old Account

Vendor builds are for WoW's vendors. I know that is obvious statement but if we think about what WoW's vendors are it would be Nvidia, AMD, Windows, Apple, etc... basically anything WoW is dependent on to run. So this likely means that this build will be a candidate for the community to play. With this news I would expect to see something with in a couple weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    where's this pic from? I don't remember seeing a big ass tree in the announcement video.
    Press kit I believe.

It was said to be the Nightfae covenant base. The tree

- - - Updated - - -

I also think that Revendreth looks amazing. A huge city as the zone. Seems to cover a bigger part of the zone than suramar did. It's going to be bloodborne WoW addition.