7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I’m ok with this

I wonder if we are going to get covenant weapons
    I don't think we will get a full set of weapons for each covenant but I could see each of them having their own specific weapons types like a sword for Venthyr, mace for Night Fae, Axe for Necrolord, etc

If they did that it would pigeonhole some classes and I don't think they want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I’m ok with this

I wonder if we are going to get covenant weapons
    I think I saw a weapon that matched a covenant set in the trailer. Gimme a moment.

Edit:

This seems to be a new shield and mace(?) to fit the Bastion plate set. The players wearing other covenant armor don't have any fitting new weapons, so I assume they just aren't/weren't made yet when that trailer was made.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-03-26 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I don't think we will get a full set of weapons for each covenant but I could see each of them having their own specific weapons types like a sword for Venthyr, mace for Night Fae, Axe for Necrolord, etc
    I could see a different weapon set for each zone, or at least close to. If not that simply having a diverse set of models for quest rewards so each covenant have fitting weapons.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I'm curious to see if we'll really get 4 different colors for Covenant armor that are actually obtainable, or if it'll be the usual thing again, where you'll be lucky to get more than one color of the set while the rest rots in the database. :c

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Current WoW probably has better "Graphics than FF, Guild Wars 2 etc at this point. The foliage and level of detail in the above image is a step up from BFA.
    Yes, current WoW is ahead of FFXIV (though I haven't played the latest expansion areas for FF), I was actually surprised when I played it for a couple of weeks a few months ago how retro it looked. GW2 is hard to judge because it has such an aggressive visual design approach (as does WoW, but in a very different visual direction), but in the few comparable areas, yes, BfA areas are looking more "complete" and modern than those in GW2. That said, Nazjatar, whilst looking as visually proficient or moreso than Orr, doesn't have the same intense atmosphere. But neither does anywhere else in GW2, so...

Mechagon, oddly, is kind of a visual design triumph, I dunno if people have noticed. If it wasn't like, WoW, and thus everything is covered in numbers and bars and stuff at all times, I think people would be talking about just how well they pulled that off.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive seen Preach report multiple times an hour. Early on hr probably averages 3 or 4 an hour. He actually cares about the game and so dont his viewers. People like Asmongold you are probably closer too. In toweliees defence, I have seen him report too. I dont watch him that often, but I definitely have seen him report multiple bugs in the small amount of time I have watched him.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, but blizzard doesnt care about whether we are bored or not.

I think what probably was going to happen is a Shadowlands summit in early March, with Alpha launching soon after, but because they had to cancel the the summit, they decided to wait until the build was more stable, and complete. If they cant hype people up with summit news, better of waiting till the first build is really polished for Alpha. I suspect it will be a very good first build. We shall see.
    I hope so, if the first build is realy lackluster, we will do know for a fact that its all due to the corona shit and they just left their work untill they csnt wait much longer.

But I mean I imagine they need constant talks and walking to the other guys office to keep eachother up to date, which is barely possible rigjt now. I hope we as players dont suffer more and get people hyped with atleast some new screenshots or gameplay footage. The killing hype is not even a joke..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I am still waiting on those nightborne or blood elf race weapons. Lets get those to while we are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I am still waiting on those nightborne or blood elf race weapons. Lets get those to while we are at it.
    And those Dark Iron weapons.

And those two Blood Elf weapons.

And the alt. Lightforged and Nightborne heritage armor colors. And a pants/robe option for heritage armors that only have one or the other at the moment.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

And the alt. Lightforged and Nightborne heritage armor colors. And a pants/robe option for heritage armors that only have one or the other at the moment.
    Void Elf weappons as well. They have a unique void/space style that isn't reminiscent of Old God Void style.

I still hold out hope Void Elves go in a "star"/"space" elf direction.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Good call, lets get those in as well!

10+ Year Old Account

I'm thinking we'll get weapons (and lesser armor sets) from questing in each zone, sortof how we got Kul Tiran and Zandalari weapons and armor while questing. I also hope we can get some sets with an Oribos/Maw theme, since those are also distinct. I guess the pre order set is Oribos themed, but a Maw set with the Icecrown-like theme going on would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Void Elf weappons as well. They have a unique void/space style that isn't reminiscent of Old God Void style.

I still hold out hope Void Elves go in a "star"/"space" elf direction.
    Oh yeah. I didn't realize those weren't mentioned yet, but yes, the Void Elf weapons too.

Space does seem to be their theme, so I hope it stays that way/gets emphasized, yes.

This is what I can think of concerning heritage stuff in the database that really ought to be available: https://imgur.com/a/pHR9oS3

There is other stuff they could do, though. Off the top of my head:

1. Give more heritage armor alt colors, like Kul Tiran, so they can get green (Proudmoore) and brown (Waycrest) variants of their heritage

2. Make pants/robe options for all heritage sets so that it's both caster and melee friendly and not just one or the other.

3. Go back to make some adjustments, like making the Void Elf "wings" into a cape piece like the totems on the Tauren heritage armor or giving Gnomes the option to switch to their heritage goggles sitting up on their head and over their eyes like Goblins can choose.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2020-03-26 at 09:14 PM.

It still blows my mind that they made specific weapons matching the race and heritage armor and then don't give it to the players. Like what fucked up reason could they possibly have?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    It still blows my mind that they made specific weapons matching the race and heritage armor and then don't give it to the players. Like what fucked up reason could they possibly have?
    I guess that for most ones they don't have a full set for all classes/specializations, some races don't have any weapons at all and they have no idea what to make players do to earn it. Because, you know, they most definitely wouldn't just let us have it.

The inconsistencies annoy me more than anything. Mag'har gets 3 colors of heritage for doing nothing more than other allied races, but Lightforged and Nightborne are stuck with the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    the problem is most likely the low amount of them.

Dark Iron dwaves for instance would only get what is either a staff or a 2h mace, which could be useful for some classes, but definitely not all of them. Other like Void elves are given a short sword and an offhand, which is good for casters, not so much for those playing 2h specs or classes that do not use an offhand.
    Other ARs have no weapons at all to give and instead have a plethora from other sources, like Trashgnomes and Kul Tiran.

Things like these have to be somehwat fair, and the only way to ensure that would be to make a selection of weapons in such a way that you could always transmog a weapon regardless of class or spec, and this number is higher than one might think.
    Then multiply that number by the amount of ARs and you end up with a number that simply makes it unfeasible to give all ARs their distinct weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess that for most ones they don't have a full set for all classes/specializations, some races don't have any weapons at all and they have no idea what to make players do to earn it. Because, you know, they most definitely wouldn't just let us have it.

The inconsistencies annoy me more than anything. Mag'har gets 3 colors of heritage for doing nothing more than other allied races, but Lightforged and Nightborne are stuck with the one.
    The inconsistencies with the color palette is very odd. Especially when they broke it by giving Mag'har access to all palette swaps. Things like these would have either required giving everyone only 1 version, or all versions. Especially when Lightforged had been given an inital one that was later changed to a different one when the devs must have known that giving them all the options or at least both options was on the table.

And of course other inconsistencies like Gnomes not being given both goggle options when i specifically remember that being a selling point of them.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

April 1st alpha waiting room

3+ Year Old Account
    This is what I can think of concerning heritage stuff in the database that really ought to be available: https://imgur.com/a/pHR9oS3

There is other stuff they could do, though. Off the top of my head:

1. Give more heritage armor alt colors, like Kul Tiran, so they can get green (Proudmoore) and brown (Waycrest) variants of their heritage

2. Make pants/robe options for all heritage sets so that it's both caster and melee friendly and not just one or the other.
    Not sure if anything has been datamined for them, but I'd like a robe option for the Zandalari heritage armor as well as another 'head' piece that has the mask up or something else entirely like a headdress

Loa-specific recolors would be cool too, but there'd probably be a lot of them
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    It's always better when you wait for it
    We all went through no nut February AND no nut March.

In April we shall nut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, see you next week !

We all went through no nut February AND no nut March.

In April we shall nut.
    I have laughed too much at this