Tuesday or Thursday next week ?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Tuesday or Thursday next week ?
    Thurs. is my guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I am going on a limb and say Tuesday. Maybe baby.

If it comes on April 1st, it'll literally be a b-day gift.

Pretty please...

Quote Originally Posted by Justreading View Post
    Thurs. is my guess
    Gonna go with neither think a BIT further
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Friday it is then....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Friday it is then....
    No one knows, but the more time passes, the more the alpha points the tip of his nose, especially with this week when there were 2 builds in one day!
    Hopefully next April week is the good one.

A bit further in the past to the last time you hinted at an unencrypted alpha build?

10+ Year Old Account
    So either another week or friday. Man they keep delaying it huh. Am I wrong that you were hinting at next Thursday a few days ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So either another week or friday. Man they keep delaying it huh. Am I wrong that you were hinting at next Thursday a few days ago?
    April 1st was a really a strong possibility but as of now won't happen. I am thinking leaning toward hype train starting up 6th. 8/9/10 looks really really really good barring any setbacks.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

April 1st was a really a strong possibility but as of now won't happen. I am thinking leaning toward hype train starting up 6th. 8/9/10 looks really really really good barring any setbacks.
    So next week we get nothing again lol.

Until the 1st I’m holding out hope just because the spirit of the holidays

Really sucks how this is effecting blizzard right now...hope the team is staying safe

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder why it was a possibility but now not?

Either the new build is not as stable as they were hoping or he is trolling us so when the first comes and blizzard posts that the expansion is canceled and then alpha drops he’ll be in on the joke

5+ Year Old Account
    I still think it's because they wanted to begin this alpha/beta with a pre-event/hype build-up announcement. But because of all the social isolation having to take place all that most likely got canned.

Maybe they are thinking how to recoup from that while also shifting to the wfh to have whatever necessary measurement tools/parameters in place for when SL alpha/beta begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I still think it's because they wanted to begin this alpha/beta with a pre-event/hype build-up announcement. But because of all the social isolation having to take place all that most likely got canned.

Maybe they are thinking how to recoup from that while also shifting to the wfh to have whatever necessary measurement tools/parameters in place for when SL alpha/beta begins.
    I mean, I'm sure some devs dont have beefy computers at home. I wonder what those devs are doing? Wonder if Blizzard is buying them pcs?

A single-payer game mode is long overdue.

There are a lot of people enjoying Horrific Visions, I hope they can follow up on it. I think it could be a massive success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    A single-payer game mode is long overdue.

There are a lot of people enjoying Horrific Visions, I hope they can follow up on it. I think it could be a massive success.
    Well Torghast is that. Sure you can bring up to 4 friends, but it sounds pretty chill.

An ever changing tower with infinite floors. Every enemy and layout is different every time you go in. Defeat trash/ do puzzles/kill bosses/loot chests etc. Beat the floors boss to go to the next floor. Randomized buffs/abilities that also change every time you do the tower. Pick from 3. Build your character as you go up. Maybe one time you have a build that reduces cds for every enemy you kill. You get a powerful ability, so maybe you decide to keep picking talents/abilities to modify that, or maybe you pick a bunch of random ones for a jack of all trades build. Some choices will be defensive as well. Having trouble? Pick the defensive on the next floor. Lots of stuff they can do with this. No timer. Only thing stopping your progress is death. Once you finish, you get to take all the loot you collected and visit the Blacksmith who will allow you to craft a legendary. You pick which one you want, and work towards it. No randomness.

Now, I know people want to be able to do it more than once a week, but what about a punishment for dying? Every 5 floors is a checkpoint floor for the week. If you die, you go back 5 floors. There is no loot to be had, but if you can clear all the floors and defeat what killed you, you can ascend to the next floor and keep pushing.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe they can let you play it again for lesser rewards as much as you want. Instead of Anima/Crafting mats, maybe each floor rewards gold on your second playthrough. It could be a good way for combat-focused players to make gold.

Well Torghast is that. Sure you can bring up to 4 friends, but it sounds pretty chill.

An ever changing tower with infinite floors. Every enemy and layout is different every time you go in. Defeat trash/ do puzzles/kill bosses/loot chests etc. Beat the floors boss to go to the next floor. Randomized buffs/abilities that also change every time you do the tower. Pick from 3. Build your character as you go up. Maybe one time you have a build that reduces cds for every enemy you kill. You get a powerful ability, so maybe you decide to keep picking talents/abilities to modify that, or maybe you pick a bunch of random ones for a jack of all trades build. Some choices will be defensive as well. Having trouble? Pick the defensive on the next floor. Lots of stuff they can do with this. No timer. Only thing stopping your progress is death. Once you finish, you get to take all the loot you collected and visit the Blacksmith who will allow you to craft a legendary. You pick which one you want, and work towards it. No randomness.

Now, I know people want to be able to do it more than once a week, but what about a punishment for dying? Every 5 floors is a checkpoint floor for the week. If you die, you go back 5 floors. There is no loot to be had, but if you can clear all the floors and defeat what killed you, you can ascend to the next floor and keep pushing.

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe they can let you play it again for lesser rewards as much as you want. Instead of Anima/Crafting mats, maybe each floor rewards gold on your second playthrough. It could be a good way for combat-focused players to make gold.
    Great post, I like the progression aspect.

I'm sure they'll surprise us, they have some talented people working for Blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard last few weeks without Alpha:
    Week 1: "Account wide essences!" (sorta kinda, I know)
    Week 2: "100 XP buff!"
    Week 3: "Legacy loot rules for Legion content!"

Guys, are we sure we couldn't wait for Alpha few more weeks? Who knows what they come up with.