10+ Year Old Account
    So are we all off the hypetrain for next week?

If it's next week, it's not before friday.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So are we all off the hypetrain for next week?
    Well, there might be something interesting on April Fools
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to towellie this time, we have a good chance of Alpha in about a week and a half/two weeks. Says next week isn't likely.

i think the only thing we could possibly look forward to next week would be an announcement for the following week

According to towellie this time, we have a good chance of Alpha in about a week and a half/two weeks. Says next week isn't likely.
    says the guy who keeps moving the goal post

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokster10 View Post
    If it's next week, it's not before friday.
    What possible grounds do you say that on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bindanda View Post
    i think the only thing we could possibly look forward to next week would be an announcement for the following week
    Maybe next week we get an unencrypted build or some kind of Livestream?

i think a live stream at the end of the week. However if we don't hear anything about a livestream by end of day on Tuesday it most likely wont happen - i.m.o.. Personally I'd like some sort of update on where we are, even along the lines of we're sorry but with the virus everything got pushed back type of post and maybe where they actually are. Ion surely has a phone he could record it on, I mean don't we all have cell phones?!?!?

Good for Towellieee, I guess.

And this is somehow not the same person who claimed we would see the Alpha sometime mid-march, and then backtracked to late march, and now early April.

Of course he will get it right eventually, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I think it's pretty clear Towellie does not know when we will have alpha and is straight up guessing.

I really doubt that's going to happen at all, especially with the COVID-19 going on. Probably in a month or 2 months. I am up for more developmental time so that they can polish and deliver The Shadowlands in its complete form.
    Check out my drones guide!

Quote Originally Posted by David Howard X View Post
    I really doubt that's going to happen at all, especially with the COVID-19 going on. Probably in a month or 2 months. I am up for more developmental time so that they can polish and deliver The Shadowlands in its complete form.
    Sounds good, but it probably won’t happen. If it’s delayed because the virus that means they’re not working on it. That means it’ll be less polished because they’ll rush to get it out by the same release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Sounds good, but it probably won’t happen. If it’s delayed because the virus that means they’re not working on it. That means it’ll be less polished because they’ll rush to get it out by the same release date.
    I doubt they aren't working on it, its just going at a slower pace because working at home for an expansion probably is well... new.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Guys, they aren't handicapped just because they're working from home.

Most of the work being worked on for the expansion is digital anyway. At worst, it's consolidating all the new data that's going to be the hardest now that there's nobody physically overseeing or managing the bigger picture, but they're still professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I think it's pretty clear Towellie does not know when we will have alpha and is straight up guessing.
    He does know. See earlier in the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Guys, they aren't handicapped just because they're working from home.

Most of the work being worked on for the expansion is digital anyway. At worst, it's consolidating all the new data that's going to be the hardest now that there's nobody physically overseeing or managing the bigger picture, but they're still professionals.
    Yeaah, I'm of the same mind. These guys don't stop being part of a huge company with schedules and demands just because they work from home.
    It reminds me of how some people at the company my dad works for maintained that he'd be useless working from home. But the boss gave him a chance, and he's their most effective worker.

Personality decides, not where you work from. And I doubt they have people who aren't driven in their team. Not to mention, the weight of knowing that you shouldn't hold the others back by slacking.

Blizzard isn’t going to delay releasing the alpha unless it’s not ready for release. They have no reason to hold on to it if it’s good to go.

So if it’s delayed because of the virus that means progress was slower than expected and therefore it will not get more polish than it would have without the delay. Delays aren’t going to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bindanda View Post

says the guy who keeps moving the goal post
    What can I tell you it's been pushed back 3 times now. I can easily tell you when it isn't happening. And easily tell when it is well before the public knows. None of the content creators will risk blurting out the date. You may think we are dumb but not THAT dumb. Anyways look out for week of 6th data mining early week alpha late in week. FFVII REMAKE rip
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    What can I tell you it's been pushed back 3 times now. I can easily tell you when it isn't happening. And easily tell when it is well before the public knows. None of the content creators will risk blurting out the date. You may think we are dumb but not THAT dumb. Anyways look out for week of 6th data mining early week alpha late in week. FFVII REMAKE rip
    >won't blurt out date
    >blurts out date

"doubt"

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    >won't blurt out date
    >blurts out date

"doubt"
    That's just my guess before we get the green flag.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Honestly I think Blizzard could do well to maintain hype, simply be previewing one model each week. Make it Monday Model day. Can be anything. New model, hanging painting, Bastion bunny, new orc hairstyle, a tree. Just tiny drips of visual previews for us to gawk at. The artists can get some of their work highlighted. People can check out something new every week.

You'd only need 52 pictures a year. Out of the 10.000 new things the expansion pack brings. It just seems like a big win-win. Just feels like it will help maintain an interested and hungry community.