Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Sounds good, but it probably won’t happen. If it’s delayed because the virus that means they’re not working on it. That means it’ll be less polished because they’ll rush to get it out by the same release date.
    it does not mean its less polished, home office just means it gets released later.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Guys, they aren't handicapped just because they're working from home.
    found the guy who has no clue how difference working home office is....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    I really hope they announce a special live stream event sometime in the coming week
    no gonna happen with covid-19.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    from 4chan
    thats a fake -> just look at the copyright notice at the bottom.... seriously if you fake something at least make the copyright notice up to date...
    Last edited by tmamass; 2020-03-29 at 04:24 PM.

I really hope they announce a special live stream event sometime in the coming week, kind of a beefed up version of the 8.3 reveal where they provide us with a massive update of progress since BlizzCon and announce the launch of Beta.

Update on Covenants, Soulbinds, etc. along with art of transmog items, mounts, etc.

The Soulbind system is developed to be more or less this expansion's version of Artifacts, with lots of added abilities for your class, inspired by heroes of old so they don't feel generic but rather class-specific. If a Paladin soulbinds with Uther, for example, it'll unlock a few abilities one would expect Uther to use. As you play the expansion, your connections to your Soulbound characters deepen as you do quests for them all over Azeroth, letting you explore those characters' past. This unlocks more powerful abilities.

Covenant abilities are no longer proper abilities, just cosmetic enhancements of other abilities for your class. For example if you want your Hunter to look and feel more like a Dark Ranger then it's fitting to roll Venthyr as you'll make your spells and abilities look a bit more dark and sinister. If you want your Druid to feel even more druid-y, then going with Night Fae might let you sprout antlers in Restoration spec, etc. A troll Shaman might want to feel more Voodoo, so Necrolords could be a good fit to get more bony and dark, swirling spells.

Showcase of new customization options for several races, including San'layn for Blood Elves and High Elf options for Void Elves.

These richer options are unlocked through quests much like the Night Warrior appearance for Night Elves. As a Void Elf you need to undergo a secret ritual with Vereesa Windrunner to restore your natural appearance before turning into a Void Elf, and as a Blood Elf you aid a few renegade San'layn to defeat a cult of vampires in Revendreth that are plotting to overtake the entire Blood Elf race. In the process the evil ones turn you into a San'layn, but you defeat them and are accepted back into Blood Elven society along with the other leaderless San'layn seeking a home.

Announcement of two new Allied Races.

Lightbound Undead for Alliance and Saberon for Horde. Clarification that Undead on Horde at the ones who grew attached to the Horde and feel like their ties to the Alliance have been fully cut, whereas the Lightbound Undead feel like the return of Calia Menethil is reason to reunite with their living family members on the Alliance. They are intrigued by heir vision of a redemption. The Saberon are the ones who arrived through the Dark Portal with the Mag'har Orcs. As for the Botani who arrived at the same time, we're given a tease that they've a newfound interest in the potential of restoring parts of Azeroth. A sort of tease for the future.

Announcement of a fully revamped Professions system.

You are able to craft unique items and treat it as a proper endgame system. Legendary crafting and so on. If you are prepared to grind and gather tons of materials or farm unique recipes, then you may also unlock really rare transmog appearances which could net you a good sum on the AH perhaps. This could follow the same theme as the rest of the expansion, of heroes from the past and so on. Perhaps one unique set to unlock could be Kael'thas armour.

New heritage armours.

Reveal of two new Heritage armour sets coming with the launch of Shadowlands: Night Elves and Undead. More to follow in patches.

I could go on but... damn, suddenly this thing is beginning to look like a proper expansion in my eyes.
    blood elves hate the undead and the sunwell radiates holly magic that damages the undead

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    This coming week can be another "dead week" because they can use the typical April 1st Fools Day as the "big wow news of the week"
    Im not sure anyone is gonna be april's fool day this year https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/27/2...covid19-pranks

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    Looks very fake to me, the quality is low tbh.
    Check out my drones guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    blood elves hate the undead and the sunwell radiates holly magic that damages the undead
    Blood elves have worked with undead closely for 7 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    April's fool will be tough this year.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    seriously if you fake something at least make the copyright notice up to date...
    At first I thought that's an error yet when I launch Classic it's exactly the same. I thought there should be 2004-2020 but it's 2019 as well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Ever since Tranquillien in TBC.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    April's fool will be tough this year.
    Plot twist, first Alpha testing to hit on April 1st.
    Check out my drones guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Ever since Tranquillien in TBC.
    Yes, exactly since then.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

found the guy who has no clue how difference working home office is....
    Found the guy who has no clue about game development.

5+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure anyone is gonna be april's fool day this year https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/27/2...covid19-pranks
    WoW's is simply a fake "patch notes" whereas Google does some much more elaborate jokes. Equating the two as if they're the same is pretty ridiculous.

Nobody's gameplay changes when WoW posts fake patch notes.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The best prank they can do is to release a Wod build disguised as the first decrypted Shadowlands alpha build.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Allied race system is a way to introduce new races by using old skeletons. Each original race through Cataclysm has had its Allied race counterpart, except for Worgen and Undead. So it's likely they'll get something at some point to finish off the roster.
    I get what you're saying, but that's not actually true.

Kul Tirans use a largely unique skeleton. The females take a few things from female humans, the males don't even really do that.

The Zandalari are a mix of original, Darkspear, and Night Elf animations.

The Vulpera use a goblin skeleton but it's pretty heavily tweaked as you find out if you try to apply it to a goblin model or vice-versa.

The Nightborne use a lightly modified version of the NE skeleton/animations.

Mechagnomes, LF Draenei, Mag'har, Highmountain, Void Elves, and Dark Irons all use pretty much stock skeletons as you'd expect (I think only the Mechagnomes even have a different dance, is that right?). So humans haven't really had their skeletons reused in any meaningful way, same as Worgen and Undead.

If you're saying it's more a "notional" counterpart than actual skeleton re-use, then that still kinda falls down with Nightborne/Void Elves because they're on the opposite sides, but maybe that's just down to a necessary Elf-Balance lol.

Also, I don't think we should expect Undead to get an AR that uses their skeleton, given the most likely Undead-adjacent AR is Lightforged Undead or whatever you want to call them, and the only one we're familiar with - Calia Menethil. - uses a unique model but I think has a human animation skeleton (correct me if I'm wrong).

The Allied race system is a way to introduce new races by using old skeletons. Each original race through Cataclysm has had its Allied race counterpart, except for Worgen and Undead. So it's likely they'll get something at some point to finish off the roster.
    Kul-Tiran, Vulpera, Male Zandalari have unique skeletons with unique animations. New tech as of BfA/end of Legion allows them to animate creatures free from skeletal restrictions.

And no, Allied races are a response to player's requested subraces feature. With the changes to leveling (no starting zone locks) with SL, they're implementing the original form of subraces demanded by players.

The races we got as their own races, even though Allied races, made sense as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kul Tirans are the only allied race to be built from the ground up as a more or less completely new race. Blizz has said that's why they weren't sure if they had the time to make them playable during BFA's development.

Some other allied races, like Zandalari Trolls and Vulpera, are based off of existing animation suites but have many of their animations heavily modified.

Maybe. Eventually.
    Doesn't mean the next set of allied races HAS to use worgen and forsaken animation sets, though. Nightborne use a night elf basis and so do Zandalari trolls (male)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope we get something announced tomorrow

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Same, would do better to announce earlier in the week than later imo too as it'll be a bit more uplifting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Maybe. Eventually.
    Doesn't mean the next set of allied races HAS to use worgen and forsaken animation sets, though. Nightborne use a night elf basis and so do Zandalari trolls (male)
    I actually don't think (sans Worgen/Undead who didn't get one) we're unlikely to get AR that continue to look as Mag'har, Dark Iron, Void Elves, LFD, HMT, Mechagnomes did.

The feature of increased customizations is much better to handle those earlier design decisions like that (like how Darkspear are getting other troll tribes, Wildhammer coming to Bronzebeards, etc).

We'll probably start getting more AR that actually are more unique like KT/ZD/Vulpera. Especially with a neutral starting zone agnostic of race being available from SL onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I want them to wait for Wednesday.