I really thought with everyone pretty much locked down in their homes they would have announced something! I get they did the incentive buff to level but something Shadowlands related to build hype should have gone along with it imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have to work because I'm "essential". So the time is passing quicker for me than a lot of you. Least I'm not obsessing anymore.

I know another class is a shot in the dark, but what if they were saving it for Gamescom?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsirk View Post
    I know another class is a shot in the dark, but what if they were saving it for Gamescom?
    Doubt it. Gamescom for Legion only happened because WoD was bringing the game down to a loss its never seen before. Gamescom was an emergency move, they couldn't hold off on trying to garner hype.

Now Blizzard are back to resting on their laurels (from a hype sense) due to the success that was Legion (and then Classic) so they most likely don't feel as pressured to give information.

Also again, it can't be understated, but we're going through all the covid stuff right now which is much more paramount to get a handle of than getting out some hype. Though hopefully they've managed enough to get their planned stuff back on track.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything maybe 2-3 classes (monk, warrior, and DK IMO) getting a 4th spec.

We shalt see, yo!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Do you guys think Vol'jin will become Loa of Kings in Shadowlands?
    Would be Cool and would be a highly possible plot line. But depends what's happening with the Bwonsamdi 5man and the plot behind that. I imagine they will be expanding on or wrapping up the left over issues of talanji and Bwonsamdi in SL, we might also get so see rhstakhan and a few others again like senjin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Doubt it. Gamescom for Legion only happened because WoD was bringing the game down to a loss its never seen before. Gamescom was an emergency move, they couldn't hold off on trying to garner hype.

Now Blizzard are back to resting on their laurels (from a hype sense) due to the success that was Legion (and then Classic) so they most likely don't feel as pressured to give information.

Also again, it can't be understated, but we're going through all the covid stuff right now which is much more paramount to get a handle of than getting out some hype. Though hopefully they've managed enough to get their planned stuff back on track.
    Also as much as some hate to say it, bfa is still performing better than wod. Even befor every one was shut in. That's not me saying bfa is good, just that theres more people logging raids and far more guilds around than there was at the end of wod. Which generally points to a healthier playerbase. But its like comparing cow shit to dog shit, both shit but at least one dosnt kill your plants.

If anything is being saved, it would be a couple hold over allied races intended to help encourage people to come do stuff. Like Sethrakk for both factions or something. Really can't imagine them holding back on a new class announcement. Even if the class was behind on development, those are usually the FIRST thing to get developed--which is why both the DK and DH starting areas were the earliest playable thing in their respective expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Its so fucking funny, because people forget that in Legion Marksman Hunters could use dark ranger skills and talents.
    Going from a talent to a full fledge class that its not "an undead hunter+ DK" its like... dude stop.
    There are more chances that we are going to get after Shadowlands the Necromancer class with 4 specs (1 for each covenant) teaching us that its not just decay and undead, but afterlife and resurrection, repenteance and inmortality and hope with purpose.
    There was plenty of reason to suspect a Dark Ranger class leading upto Shadowlands announcement.

Dark Ranger easily had enough flavour and aesthetics to make the basis of a class fantasy. Could also build ontop of its warcraft 3 apperance with some of Slyvannas older and newer abilities.

With the Nigt Elves being resurrected as well by Slyvannas seemed like possible widening of possible races.

Also Warlocks had demon hunter abilities at onw point so who care what hunters can or can't do, they'd strip any ability overlap out when the new class was being created.

Blizzard choose not to do it. But dont act like it was insane to ever believe it could.

To be clear they're not gonna announce a class after they announced the key features of the expansion. Especially not in response to any perceived lack of community interest, if they're gonna add new features it'll be something small and not something that will forever change the game balance.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-03-31 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    There was plenty of reason to suspect a Dark Ranger class leading upto Shadowlands announcement.

Dark Ranger easily had enough flavour and aesthetics to make the basis of a class fantasy. Could also build ontop of its warcraft 3 apperance with some of Slyvannas older and newer abilities.

With the Nigt Elves being resurrected as well by Slyvannas seemed like possible widening of possible races.

Also Warlocks had demon hunter abilities at onw point so who care what hunters can or can't do, they'd strip any ability overlap out when the new class was being created.

Blizzard choose not to do it. But dont act like it was insane to ever believe it could.

To be clear they're not gonna announce a class after they announced the key features of the expansion. Especially not in response to any perceived lack of community interest, if they're gonna add new features it'll be something small and not something that will forever change the game balance.
    I don't begrudge people for thinking that Dark Ranger or Tinker were a possible inclusion.
    I begrudge people who act like Blizzard was blue balls-ing them because "Blizzard hinted at it so hard!".
    Around the time of Shadowlands announcement, in this thread, people were making fake leaks and class concepts and then they're like "How dare Blizzard lie to us about the Tinker?!"
    Which I think is absolutely absurd.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    There are more chances that we are going to get after Shadowlands the Necromancer class with 4 specs (1 for each covenant) teaching us that its not just decay and undead, but afterlife and resurrection, repenteance and inmortality and hope with purpose.
    Wouldn't that make them on par with Druids, since they also have 4 specs?
    I could see Kyrian for tanking, Venthyr for dps (spellcasting?) , Necrolords for physical dps/ maybe also a 'pet spec?' (they'd have an undead pet), and Night Fae for healing. Not sure if they'd make it a Hero class, maybe no because we have DKs?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Also as much as some hate to say it, bfa is still performing better than wod. Even befor every one was shut in. That's not me saying bfa is good, just that theres more people logging raids and far more guilds around than there was at the end of wod. Which generally points to a healthier playerbase. But its like comparing cow shit to dog shit, both shit but at least one dosnt kill your plants.
    Yeah this is truth. Whoever thinks BFA is worse than WoD is not understanding just how bad it got for the WoW dev team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ce_by_players/

That shows a bit of their status at the time, before Legion was out.

I highly doubt they are making a class, but if they did, it would probably be the dark ranger.

The recent quest in Tirisfal that had Calia take a bunch of rangers with her could easily be the catalyst for that. The only reason I thought that could be the case in this super unlikely scenario is there's a blood elf amongst the group who leaves with Calia too.

I'm more inclined to say they were just setting up new customization options for Belf/Nelf, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I highly doubt they are making a class, but if they did, it would probably be the dark ranger.

The recent quest in Tirisfal that had Calia take a bunch of rangers with her could easily be the catalyst for that. The only reason I thought that could be the case in this super unlikely scenario is there's a blood elf amongst the group who leaves with Calia too.

I'm more inclined to say they were just setting up new customization options for Belf/Nelf, though.
    Calia in Tirisfal with dark rangers? What quest is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do think there is something we don't know about. Doubt its a class though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I do think there is something we don't know about. Doubt its a class though.
    It’s got to be connected to the covenants in some way

I suspect weapon models

they are just lazing off "homeworking"

10+ Year Old Account
    I am worried about the quality of Shadowlands tbh. Sure they can get it done, but there wont be nearly enough opportunities for feedback from other devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I believe this was made by @ro9ue and confirmed by himself? Unless I'm mistaking, but this is definitely fake and was made by someone on MMO-C who admitted so.
    Yeah, fake.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    That's just regular maintenance, isn't it?
    EU patch day is Wednesday?
    Yes, Wednesday. That one specific Wednesday.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Preach just said theres a really high chance a new class will be coming with Shadowlands after all.
    He can't say anything about it and we have to wait for Blizzard.
    On stream???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    How would creating a new class work logistically though? We would have to assume that Blizzard is going to use the Covid-19 as an excuse to pad out development time just so they can instead use the time to create the assets and coding for an entirely new class. Creating something lije that is just not feasible on the fly.
    What if the reason why we saw barely anything at BlizzCon is because they were trying to hide whatever would be used with the new class

What if it isn’t a decision that they just now made but a decision that they’ve been working around since the announcement and they want to ring it out as a big deal and a big surprise and totally fuck us with it on April Fools’ Day jess for it to turn out to be real