10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    One of the known customizations for Draenei are different tail sizes.... But yeah if other races don't get as varied options there will most likely be a lot of complaints.

This is the perfect opportunity to get things like Man'ari tones. As far as I'm concerned lore is thrown out the window (it already doesn't make sense a Wildhammer Dwarf is going to have mountain dwarf racials, or that Sand Trolls will have a starting zone meant for jungle trolls, and Dark Troll option existing pretty much kills lore defenses).

So this could be a good opportunity to continue to break open racial palettes as they've shown with Humans/Dwarves/Trolls/Undead.

Gnomes could get a few skins akin to Leper looks maybe if people are into that or even more zany hairstyles.

But yeah I'm very curious what sorts of increased customizations are going to come Alliance side. Horde side it's very easy to go " let's just add more colors of the rainbow for each race!" as they're 'non-human-esque'.
    I don't think Starting zones will really stop that, one could just say they are X and just ignore the starting zone lore(I mean my character isn't a Stormwindian, he's a Lorderonian.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

If I remember correctly, AR won't get any new customization options. So fair skinned void elves won't happen anyway.

Keep in mind that 40 options for a single race isn’t much. It could be 20 for males, 20 for females. So 3 skin colors per sex, 2 tattoo patterns, 5 tattoo colors and that would consume 10 of the 20 options. Throw in hair colors, a couple of hairstyles are voila. 40 new options!

And who knows, blood elves might have an inordinately high amount of new options. Gnomes could get like 11 options.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if pandaren, worgen, goblin get new options?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I vaguely remember that only classic races plus Belves and Draenai will get more options, but it's quite possible I'm mixing things up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I vaguely remember that only classic races plus Belves and Draenai will get more options, but it's quite possible I'm mixing things up.
    'classic races' means every race that isn't an AR.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    'classic races' means every race that isn't an AR.
    Yea, that's more likely.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Whatever they said on Blizzcon, it was 5 months ago, a lot could change. Just look at Legion - at reveal we got artifacts, class halls, Demon Hunter, Honor 3.0 + expansion outline. Just 3 months later and we had world quests, mythic+,professions overhaul, legendaries, transmog tab.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think Starting zones will really stop that, one could just say they are X and just ignore the starting zone lore(I mean my character isn't a Stormwindian, he's a Lorderonian.
    I mean one could always do that (My dwarf shaman isn't bronzebeard he's already Wildhammer). The customization options are just adding justifications for those.

It still makes no sense in any way that Dark Troll options are being a thing when in BFA we have a confirmed 'last of her kind' Dark Troll in Zuldazar.

And I am not saying it's a travesty or anything, I love that you will be able to better customize your character and their background.

All I mean to say is anyone trying to use lore as a reasoning for the added options will be at a loss. These options are lore-agnostic (ie they don't take into account the lore of the race), they're just being added so people have more options to play with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    Keep in mind that 40 options for a single race isn’t much. It could be 20 for males, 20 for females. So 3 skin colors per sex, 2 tattoo patterns, 5 tattoo colors and that would consume 10 of the 20 options. Throw in hair colors, a couple of hairstyles are voila. 40 new options!

And who knows, blood elves might have an inordinately high amount of new options. Gnomes could get like 11 options.
    That actually puts it into a better perspective holy shit o_O. Sounds less impressive in this context.

Also did we not already get some datamining that Blood Elf jewelry options exist? So we know at least some of what is coming for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Preach just said theres a really high chance a new class will be coming with Shadowlands after all.
    He can't say anything about it and we have to wait for Blizzard.
    Of course he did. He needs those clicks so he can keep the money coming in. Don't believe the streamers. All they're going to do is keep tossing clickbait titles out. If you toss enough crap at the wall eventually some of it will stick

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Goblin & Worgen fans: yay more customizations incoming!

Blizzard: sit down, y'all just recently got an overhaul.

Fans: D :

10+ Year Old Account
    All I mean to say is anyone trying to use lore as a reasoning for the added options will be at a loss. These options are lore-agnostic (ie they don't take into account the lore of the race), they're just being added so people have more options to play with.

I think its what makes sense as Blizzard likes to use. Of course...there's probably very small amount of things that make us go ".....WAT" (See Ion on High Elves...oh shit I didn't start a fire I hope).

EDIT: What I mean to say is, Blizz adding customizations that will make sense or rather thats their logic.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-03-31 at 02:52 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post

That actually puts it into a better perspective holy shit o_O. Sounds less impressive in this context.

Also did we not already get some datamining that Blood Elf jewelry options exist? So we know at least some of what is coming for them.
    Yes, I saw this blood elf datamining on twitter, I can't find it anymore ...
    There were new jewels, golden ear tips in the same style as those of the nightborne.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm catching up on the conversation now, and I see that the topic of a new class is still being discussed. Although I don't believe that the alpha has been postponed due to a new class being developed, there may be a slight 1% possibility that they've put one together post BlizzCon due to the pre-order numbers of Shadowlands and / or the general feeling post BlizzCon. It wouldn't entirely surprise me if people have put pre-ordering the expansion on hold due to the lack of information we've received so far and in an effort to generate some surprise excitement they could announce a new class.

If this were indeed the case then we'll find out within the first announcement of Shadowlands news this coming month. I highly doubt they would hold that announcement until later.

Is there even a mere possibility of not getting any news this month ?
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

3+ Year Old Account

And here. We. Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangreflamme View Post
    Is there even a mere possibility of not getting any news this month ?
    Yes, though at that point we are veering into the reality that Shadowlands has either been postponed severely, or Blizzard intends to skip Alpha and go straight to public Beta.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post

And here. We. Go.
    Just saw that as well. Hopefully not a shop.PLEASE GOD DONT BE A SHOP!

EDIT: Sounds like it's legit, but it doesn't mean much necessarily as people have been getting flagged for Alpha for weeks. Big news will be when an unencrypted build goes live.
    Last edited by Veldoranz; 2020-03-31 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fake news................................maaaaaaaaaaaaaan

Warrior-Magi

Probably photoshopped