Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    People have to remember that, yes, the features discussion for Shadowlands was pretty sparce, but that's also because Blizzard admits it's biggest mistake was detailing the mechanics of Azerite Armor too early in BFA's production & by the time players were exposed to it they were locked in. So Shadowlands intentionally has a more fluid approach.

That being said, the fact the installer listing two alpha client worries me. It points to them encrypting more content in the alpha for the sake of "spoilers" but honestly, encrypting the war campaign finale made it so much more disappointing. Encrypting it hyped it up more & was just more of the same. I'm against encrypting any spoilers besides raid cinematics. Just let the people who want to be spoiled be spoiled.
    the cinematic was amazing but the campaign was so obvious that plenty of people called exactly what would happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    This is absolutely true, but I do give a pass to the bad speculating all wow youtubers have been doing lately when we've been absolutely bereft of wow content to talk about for an extended amount of time now
    speculating is fine heck thats what my early post history was along with screwing with people

the difference is when pyromancer makes a video on a theory and two days later bellular copies it

when the original shadowlands leak came out bellular and everyone was like "this is real" with clickbait for like 5 videos

Nice to see we are finally getting some updates on Alpha, will be interesting to see how far along it is since the Shadowlands build, seeing as we will have to make a new guesstimate on the release window based on the first couple releases and how quickly they progress, or how complete they are.

Might be wishful thinking, but i wonder if the lack of a structured work week will shift the usual release schedule for the builds. There is a possibility that working fromr home means that we could see Alpha builds during the weekends, even if the chance is extremely low.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Nice to see we are finally getting some updates on Alpha, will be interesting to see how far along it is since the Shadowlands build, seeing as we will have to make a new guesstimate on the release window based on the first couple releases and how quickly they progress, or how complete they are.

Might be wishful thinking, but i wonder if the lack of a structured work week will shift the usual release schedule for the builds. There is a possibility that working fromr home means that we could see Alpha builds during the weekends, even if the chance is extremely low.
    what i want to see are new models

what i hope to see is paladin and warrior changes

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    I don't hate Towelliee but I sure as fuck do despise his fans. It will never cease to amaze me the number of people who will give a streamer inordinate amounts of money to "support" them without realizing that all they're doing is paying for an early "retirement."
    They toss someone coin each month for providing them with daily entertainment which for many is the difference between someone having a bad day and someone having a better day because some dude and his community gave them a reason to smile, laugh and forget about how rough the world can be for a little while. And personally I would be pretty pissed if someone I was contributing to in this way wasn't preparing for a future without streaming. Because that day will come. Times change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I hope we get Alpha soon so "we" stop shitting on content creators and discuss general stuff about 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    They toss someone coin each month for providing them with daily entertainment which for many is the difference between someone having a bad day and someone having a better day because some dude and his community gave them a reason to smile, laugh and forget about how rough the world can be for a little while. And personally I would be pretty pissed if someone I was contributing to in this way wasn't preparing for a future without streaming. Because that day will come. Times change.
    That does not mean that they should be able to flat out lie about the things they know. A far more reasonable approach in that case is to just wait it out with other things, make jokes on how everyone is waiting. They could play other games, or create RP events in Goldshire where they try to summon Alpha. Being sensationalist and ruining your own credibility is not really that good a way to achieve success.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    Man I hope we get Alpha soon so "we" stop shitting on content creators and discuss general stuff about 9.0
    The Quarantine has some people throwing tantrums, it's to be expected.
    Honestly, if you don't like something, don't bash it, just move on. If you keep bashing that means perhaps you're envious?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    In terms of class play style people got to play every single class with the new covenant ability they are still going to do some iterations but we at least know some abilities that are coming back which again is more than the last two reveals at the convention
    We got to play BfA classes with a new on use cooldown ability replacing whatever azerite essence you had. That's hardly any different from what you do now and doesn't fix any of the underlying problems classes have. The not more then conceptual unpruning talk also does not fix the underlying issues many specs have. It does not fix problems with core class gameplay, and certain unpruned stuffed will bring more problems (e.g. given resto druids even more utility for m+).

BfA class design has bigger problems then some unpruned situational abilities, yet the talk felt like the unpruning would fix all problems.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    Aslong as we still shit on Towelboy for being wrong 99.999999% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    Aslong as we still shit on Towelboy for being wrong 99.999999% of the time.
    But he’s been right on pretty much everything just because timetables get pushed back doesn’t really mean anything

Just want to see my new gargoyle mount

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    But he’s been right on pretty much everything just because timetables get pushed back doesn’t really mean anything

Just want to see my new gargoyle mount
    Usually when I ask people like this for specific example they never answer. Looks like they just can't tell difference between real hinting (like Towellie did on day 8.3 was revealed) and clickbait/speculation.

It doesn't matter if you like this guy or not, he has friends in Blizz, he lives around that area and is streamer like 10 years. It's really obvious he knows some things before us when something is coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love reporting bugs on beta but I'm thinking...

Does blizzard care about the little environmental bugs (gameplay/quests first I guess?)

I remember, during the BFA beta, I've reported a small bug, and guess what, it's only been fixed in 8.2 or 8.3, don't remember. (floating fishes in Drustvar)

I know that for you it may be only a detail, but for me it is very important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post

Does blizzard care about the little environmental bugs (gameplay/quests first I guess?)
    It's just very low on their priority list.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    People still hold on to the notion that alpha/beta is for us to find bugs and report them. The reality is that a qualified Q&A team has most likely already found a bug you reported, it's just not been fixed yet. Look at FFXIV and it does just fine without any public testing.

Sure you can report the minor bugs, but they're so low on their priority list that it can take ages for them to be fixed. I reported a bugged tooltip (signifcantly wrong damage value based on haste breakpoints, and people consistently asked questions about it on the forums), and it wasn't fixed until 6.2 (that's over three years). The most hideous part was a dev answered me on the bug during WoD Beta and told me "yeah, the spell doesn't behave like that so the bug isn't possible"... that's a special kind of arrogance... (if you ever wondered why class design is as it is - you had devs like that on the class team)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I've reported graphic bugs for year and often they don't ever seem to get fixed, particularly certain terrain glitches that are not actually harmful. I do wonder if sometimes they just cannot fix them; the one right now in Vale in the corridor before the Heart Chamber is so overt yet it's been up for months.
    It's less "can't" and more "don't have time for". As you said, it's not actually harmful, so it's simply not very high on the priority list. If more important stuff keeps popping up, it just might not get fixed.

And last week or so i mined an ore deposit about 10m above ground...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It doesn't matter if you like this guy or not, he has friends in Blizz, he lives around that area and is streamer like 10 years. It's really obvious he knows some things before us when something is coming.
    this pretty much
    even though i hate this towel guy long time streamer and blizzcon partizipants know alot of devs and CMs and know Dates beforehand so they can prepare themself for it, the same goes for the top 5 raiding guilds i for exaple know some worldfirst riaders that told me the same stuff the towel guy says (build monday or thursday) so i dont think hes lying tbh
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Heck stripping the classes of the Azerite traits leaves a lot of them in a worse place.
    If only Blizz learned that making classes playable with borrowed power is not the rihht way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    People still hold on to the notion that alpha/beta is for us to find bugs and report them. The reality is that a qualified Q&A team has most likely already found a bug you reported, it's just not been fixed yet. Look at FFXIV and it does just fine without any public testing.
    Though Activision did lay off their QA teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If only Blizz learned that making classes playable with borrowed power is not the rihht way to do it.
    Well, they certainly learned that they can't continue adding permanent power. By example, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Though Activision did lay off their QA teams...
    they laid off like 20 out of 400 from what ive read? Dont quote me on the numbers but it wasnt anywhere close to all of them.