Looks like Bastion confirms that Sylvanas is the final boss of Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Damn DKs are looking sweet for Shadowlands.
    So glad I can use SHadowmourne as frost because unholy is straight garbage clunk
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    So we've had 2 articles per day so far this week. Are we expecting 2 more tomorrow? Will they do the other covenants after this, or are they doing only Kyrian for now as we'll explore that zone first in the alpha? I fully expect datamining to start tomorrow, so if it does, they may tone down on the amount or articles. Either way, exciting times.
    Crossing my fingers for a post tomorrow with some previews of new character customizations we haven't seen yet.

Daggers, 1h Weapons for Survival and Fury Warrior please. Give Arms Warrior sword and shield as well. Rotation remains the same. Just same animations as a prot warrior. Arms should be exactly as it is named. Should be able to just use even one 1h weapon even if its a dagger.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Crossing my fingers for a post tomorrow with some previews of new character customizations we haven't seen yet.
    Hell yeah. I'm all for systems previews but the stuff that really gets me hyped for new expansions are all of the QoL improvements. :')

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Some nice undead customizations would go nice with the DK stuff announced

Like a straight back so there's more then a few plate helms that don't look like shit.

Prolly asking way to much.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jors View Post
    Some nice undead customizations would go nice with the DK stuff announced
    You mean like, Forsaken undead or Allied Race DK undead customizations?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    While waiting on datamined broadcast text, I made a new discord banner for my guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Looks like Bastion confirms that Sylvanas is the final boss of Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

So glad I can use SHadowmourne as frost because unholy is straight garbage clunk
    Ignore 1 million + DPS at your own peril.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think im going to do the time traveling thing tomorrow. I want to experience it as you all do, so ill be going back and reacting to posts as datamining rolls in. So expect some weird comments from myself.
    So basically regular Chicky then sounds good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Datamining when?

I think I'm the only here but i'm not waiting on the edge of my seat for an alpha/datamined build anymore. I mostly wanted to see the meat of the next expansion and we got that with the Covenant and Class changes articles and we'll get more on their SL systems for gearing etc. Don't think I care too much about new models or whatnot.
    Last edited by Edward Wu; 2020-04-08 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    I think I'm the only here but i'm not waiting on the edge of my seat for an alpha/datamined build anymore. I mostly wanted to meat of the next expansion and we got that with the Covenant and Class changes articles and we'll get more on their SL systems for gearing etc. Don't think I care too much about new models or whatnot.
    I just wanna see the new character customization options, that's all.

I am very worried about button bloat in the next expansion pack.

-Covenant ability.
    -Covenant class ability.
    -Soulbinds.
    -Tons of returning abilities.

I am really not looking forward to this. Sure, Eyes of the Beast was one I missed. But I was largely alright with the pruning and the greater spec identity.

A ton of stuff appears to be back that I really do not want back. Now I have to apply poisons again on Outlaw? Bleh. Lots of abilities I really care not to use. I have 10 action bars and they are already overflowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I am very worried about button bloat in the next expansion pack.
    I think they're going for a more classic feel of classes having a ton of abilities that aren't necessarily going to be used all the time, even ones that will never be used, just to add more flavor to classes rather than specializationmasterrace like it was in Legion.

Survival Hunters getting Arcane Shot for example, they're still melee, but having that is added flavor to what it means to be a hunter. All hunters can shoot but only SV Hunters can be a murder hobo that uses all weapons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Sameee, and I wanna see the full BREADTH of options!

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Probably the biggest reason why I'm so excited for the datamining to begin, that and new Kael'thas/Arthas models.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Sameee, and I wanna see the full BREADTH of options!
    I wonder if we're just getting models for Bastion, or are we getting other things too?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I need to see all the cosmetics before I can make a choice.

The Covenenant armour sets won't turn out interesting enough to change my mind on losing class sets being a good thing. We lost class sets for the same level of quality in new sets, yet it's worse because they're homogenised under the armour type rather than being individual to the classes.

So many people use armour sets from Legion or before and I'm not surprised. I bet that continues in Shadowlands after the hype over new stuff dies down.
    I miss class sets as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    I think they're going for a more classic feel of classes having a ton of abilities that aren't necessarily going to be used all the time, even ones that will never be used, just to add more flavor to classes rather than specializationmasterrace like it was in Legion.

Survival Hunters getting Arcane Shot for example, they're still melee, but having that is added flavor to what it means to be a hunter. All hunters can shoot but only SV Hunters can be a murder hobo that uses all weapons.
    I am fine with flavor abilities

Who cares about the cosmetic abilities causing “button bloat” I mean potions do too lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I hope you're right! I'll ALLOW myself to hope!
    Thursday is hope

10+ Year Old Account
    The soulbinds are probably going to be similar. The aoe soulbinds for a covenant might be good but they can't buff it. It will be the aoe soulbinds for all classes. This is going to be a shit show. They have 0 way to actually balance these unless they balance each soulbind for spec specific tuning which isn't happening.

Bottom line? Either blizzard let's the shit show continue to not hurt their pride or they listen to us, but if it goes live like this it's going to be a worse shitshow than artifacts or Azerite ever were

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The soulbinds are probably going to be similar. The aoe soulbinds for a covenant might be good but they can't buff it. It will be the aoe soulbinds for all classes. This is going to be a shit show. They have 0 way to actually balance these unless they balance each soulbind for spec specific tuning which isn't happening.

Bottom line? Either blizzard let's the shit show continue to not hurt their pride or they listen to us, but if it goes live like this it's going to be a worse shitshow than artifacts or Azerite ever were
    It's impossible to reason with some of these people. In their view, to think critically about game design is wrong, especially when Blizzard or WoW specifically is concerned, and any issues that don't specifically affect them aren't issues and you're just playing the game wrong or "If you don't like it, don't play/make your own game/etc." Then they will basically co-sign all the popular opinions they disavowed as issues during the development period once enough time has passed so they're on the same page as the community at large and will treat it like they understood the problem all along but it's OK, 10.0 will be better in these ways.

It happened with all the profession issues and socialization barriers that Garrisons opened up, it happened with Artifacts, it was particularly glaring with Azerite Armor which was hot trash even on paper, many of the same people saw zero issues with non-account bound Essences, and now we're just in the next chapter of the nonsense.

People refuse to accept that some choices are bad because they're cynical attempts at increasing player engagement artificially and instead insist it's some OCD fringe that just can't stand being sub-optimal, even if the same people complaining take talents or specs already that are sub-optimal because they enjoy them.

3+ Year Old Account
    Man, I am very excited for the new expansion, but I am mostly looking forward for the improved character customization, I hope Alpha has some of it.