10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    "Dude, why di you spend all your cooldowns to kill me? You autocrit anyways, shouldnt you save the cooldowns forwhen you can damage the boss?"
    "Sorry, i have just been spending too much time in high ranked arenas, my reflexes are finely tuned and i had to use this time in this meaningless dungeon to practice my rotation for the PvP Arena world championships."
    "I'm sorry that I'm so god at this game. Git gud"

Am I doing it right?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see what is so abhorrent about them, honestly.

Ardenweald is a place of rebirth. I don't think looking weird is enough of a justification to considering it questionable.
    I actually meant that Bwonsamdi's realm was what looked weird, not Ardenweald lol. I think Ardenweald seems to be the 'least' questionable afterlife to me.

The Maw is the only one that could be considered truly questionable, and that is supposed to be superhell, reserved fro only the worst of the unrepentant souls.
    I can defiantly agree with that. I mean, we'll be going there every day probably to do Torghast and see what WoW's hell is supposed to look like

and even beyond that, there are supposedly infinite afterlives beyond those we have seen here. Presumably there are an infinite amount of afterlives for thsoe who lived unremarkable lives to frolic in.
    I guess there's probably an Afterlife where some video game characters I like are real. Probably the Afterlife for me lol
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-04-15 at 04:52 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

All the information I'm hearing seems good and they are going in the right direction. Really hope they take offensive buffs off of the GCD, I can't tell you how awful it feels to charge up Blade Flurry, Adrenaline Rush, and then get back to finally using a damage ability after 3 seconds. I'm sure this feels the same for a lot of classes

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I think it's more like the ones following the design of the Arbiter are the ones who have been tricked. And there will be both Lightsworn & Forsworn who see the truth & join those Mawsworn Kyrians.
    You seem to really enjoy the idea that the Arbiter is evil, but the more I think about it, Kyrians shedding their memories makes sense, you wouldn't want a biased person ferrying your soul, you wouldn't be able to trust a mortal mind, the Forsworn exist so souls can still have their memories even if their personalities belong in Bastion, like Uther, they need to be kept in check so doubt doesn't spread amongst Kyrians, but as far as I'm aware they are not openly hostile against each other.

Which makes these the ones the people of Azeroth are resigned to. Sort of like a "prison." I really wish someone would free us from this prison. "Set us all free" in fact.
    Source? The people of azeroth go to all the realms, it's only limited due to lore importance gameplay restrictions. Also, "This world is a prison" is clearly referring to Azeroth, not the Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    No, I don't think that's what Ersula thinks. I think it's a simple case of having a warped sense of a specific character (Sylvanas) that somehow led to the thinking of "this is a character who is Good. Does things for the Greater Good. Is just a misunderstood Anti-hero."

I think because it's like this: Some people want evil characters to turn out to be good (there's some Arthas fans out there like that), and it's because they didn't realize that the purpose of that character was already determined to end up as a villain/evil person.

So in order to cope with that reality they have to headcanon a lot of justifications in hopes that in the end what's been the writing on the wall for so long isn't true.

Ersula isn't solely to blame here tho. Blizzard are intentionally placing bits and snippets here and there that gives people ammunition to keep believing the aforementioned description above. That encouragement doesn't help and it's because Blizzard wants to egg it on in order to act like there's some surprise to be had at the end.

Think back to the "who burned the tree" and devs saying it wasn't her. Think back to people saying Sylvanas is Garrosh 2.0 and devs going 'nope she ain't' only to later be like 'lol jk we did plan that to be the case'. Think back to everyone and their mother already knowing ahead of time (back in 8.1 probably even 8.0) that Sylvanas wasn't staying Warchief and was going to leave the Horde.
    An example would be like Kerrigan, but I rather Sylvanas not become the savior of everything as that would be extremely lame & honestly that is prbly what will be happening.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    An example would be like Kerrigan, but I rather Sylvanas not become the savior of everything as that would be extremely lame & honestly that is prbly what will be happening.
    Yeah and I'm pretty sure Blizzard is aware of that fact. It didn't go over that well at least the years after Legacy of the Void came out :P

Even if it did happen, still kinda fucked up. At least Kerrigan had Reynor feel conflicted all considering.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I doubt Kerrigan Sylvanas is happening, if they didn't cut the loyalists out of the picture, then maybe, but perhaps I have too much faith in Blizzard, even after the lore disaster known as WoD happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Source? The people of azeroth go to all the realms, it's only limited due to lore importance gameplay restrictions. Also, "This world is a prison" is clearly referring to Azeroth, not the Shadowlands.
    Literally the first line of the official description of the expansion? The Devs already explained different planets have their own "equivalent" of the Shadowlands

Literally the first line of the official description of the expansion? The Devs already explained different planets have their own "equivalent" of the Shadowlands
    No I'm asking for the source that the five realms we see are the only options for Azerothians, because that's what you implied. Can't find a source on that anywhere. Infinite Realms and Realms for other worlds exist, but they never (to my knowledge) said these five in particular are just Azerothian.

They literally said that the Shadowlands are infinite, but the expansion will only be focused on the four realms plus the Maw and Oribos.

Its in the Blizzcon reveal, fairly early on when they show the zones.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2020-04-15 at 05:02 PM.

I think it's more like the ones following the design of the Arbiter are the ones who have been tricked. And there will be both Lightsworn & Forsworn who see the truth & join those Mawsworn Kyrians.

Which makes these the ones the people of Azeroth are resigned to. Sort of like a "prison." I really wish someone would free us from this prison. "Set us all free" in fact.
    The souls from Azeroth are not "resigned" to the 5 afterlives we have seen. As i mentioned, there are likely an infinite amount of completely standard afterlives where those that ended up there laze around on a cloud until they get reincarnated.

I know that you are trolling, but still.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

No, they already explained at Blizzcon that all mortals go to the Shadowlands, from all worlds and that there are infinite realms within the Shadowlands, but we are only visiting those four (at the beginning).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Dude, why di you spend all your cooldowns to kill me? You autocrit anyways, shouldnt you save the cooldowns forwhen you can damage the boss?"
    "Sorry, i have just been spending too much time in high ranked arenas, my reflexes are finely tuned and i had to use this time in this meaningless dungeon to practice my rotation for the PvP Arena world championships."
    Lol I didnt even use any cds ans still hit harder then you rofl noob.

Get out nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    They literally said that the Shadowlands are infinite, but the expansion will only be focused on the four realms plus the Maw and Oribos.
    And those are the ones Sylvanas wants to destroy. Exactly as I said. The colloquial "Prison" she spoke of.

The stuff with Vol'jin is full of contradictions. It's clearly not finished yet.
    Speak of the devil. Bellular just posted his analysis of the half-finished, context-less vol'jin dialog. If there's anything we can count on is Bellular's lore theories being wrong. I swear he's bringing the whole community down intellegence-wise.

And those are the ones Sylvanas wants to destroy. Exactly as I said. The colloquial "Prison" she spoke of.
    She wasn't talking about the Shadowlands, it makes no sense in the context that line was presented in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Lol I didnt even use any cds ans still hit harder then you rofl noob.

Get out nerd.
    Man, can't wait to see this dungeon in action. Sadly i gave up completely on pugging M+, so i probably won't see the absolutely hilarious arguments that will spawn at the beginning of the dungeon when the DPS try to argeu who is the best DPS, and later getting angry when someone else used DPS to enlarge their Epeen.
    It shall be glorious.

Just goes with he point i made yesterday, that Maldraxxus is not in fact the afterlife for those martially inclined, it is the afterlife of Munchkin minmaxers, who check guides for everything.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    No, they already explained at Blizzcon that all mortals go to the Shadowlands, from all worlds and that there are infinite realms within the Shadowlands, but we are only visiting those four (at the beginning).
    You're literally just arguing the semantics of shadowlands referring to the specific 5 we visit & the concept of the shadowlands in general. Shadowlands = Our Shadowlands. Sylvanas is powerful but she can't destroy an entire plane of existence, nor does she want to. Just the Arbiter's jurisdiction .

You're literally just arguing the semantics of shadowlands referring to the specific 5 we visit & the concept of the shadowlands in general. Shadowlands = Our Shadowlands. Sylvanas is powerful but she can't destroy an entire plane of existence, nor does she want to. Just the Arbiter's jurisdiction .
    The Arbiter's jurisdiction is the entirety of the Shadowlands, and there is no "Our Shadowlands". The Shadowlands is infinite, and for every world.

More importantly, why should anyone want to defy the Arbiter's jurisdiction? It's worked fine for years, everyone going to the realm they belong to, until the Jailer and Sylvanas messed it all up.

Speak of the devil. Bellular just posted his analysis of the half-finished, context-less vol'jin dialog. If there's anything we can count on is Bellular's lore theories being wrong. I swear he's bringing the whole community down intellegence-wise.
    If someone from Azeroth dies, they either go to Revendreth, Maldraxxus, Bastion, Ardenwaeld, the Maw, or any of the other infinite realms.

Why the fuck would Sylvanas just destroy those four planes? Shes not even remotely involved in anything in those planes.

Actually, they haven't explained that at all. You just made that up.

We're only getting the 4 realms because Blizzard is a finitely sized company with a finite number of employees and finite development time, so producing infinitely many realms is impossible.