Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    From the dialogue lines I got the impression she's not, although it's too early to really tell but if that line: "I will take these three spirits into our care. And you will find your way out of my land, Bwonsamdi." is the Winter Queen, after Bwonsamdi tells her that he found out that Mueh'zala is taking her Loa away ("Hey dere Winter Queen! Ol' Bwonsamdi can be explainin'... see, I be findin' out dat Mueh'zala be takin' ya loa away."), I think he may belong somewhere else and simply landed in Ardenweald by accident. And is now helping with setting things straight, so he can get out. Or something like that.
    Form those lines i got hte impression that Bwonsamdis realm is in close proximity ot teh Ardenweald, but not directly linked to it, and that the Winter Queen generally dislikes Bwonsamdi, possibly for being morally dubious for own power as opposed to more neutral. He is afterall linked closely to the wild god loa who end up in the Ardenweald, and he knew the Winter Queen enough to adress her personally like he knew her, and felt sure she would take the souls, which is not the kind of interraction you would have with someone who is a complete stranger.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    So which 4 entities do you think Bonswamdi is talking [spoiler]about rebirthing? We know one of them is Vol'jin.
    But the others? Shadra, Hireek and Rezan? What about Ysera?
    Shadra definitely. Hireek probably not because he acted against the Zandalari nation. It's probably supposed to be a surprise. Saurfang maybe? Though I don't think he even wants to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    So which 4 entities do you think Bonswamdi is talking about rebirthing? We know one of them is Vol'jin.
    But the others? Shadra, Hireek and Rezan? What about Ysera?
    Also, I'm very curious on how and what type of Loa Vol'jin will become. Bonswamdi is the only Loa that looks like a Troll. (I guess Zanza as well?) Makes me brainstorm a bit on Bonswamdi's origins. Like was he a living troll like Vol'jin was? Could he have been the first troll to ever die? lmao I know it's silly speculation, but I'm really curious. I also really want to know what theme Vol'jin will have as a Loa, what he will be a patron of (maybe kings and queens if rezan isn't rezzed), but what will that look like? very excited.
    The implication i got is that unlike us, whoever else got stuck in the Maw cannot return to the mortal world unaided, which is why they get sent to Ardenweald, seeing as that is the easiest way out without being reincarnated. So my guess is that it is Tyrande and some other faction leaders who we rescure from the Maw.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Loki never genocided
    Yes he absolutely did. I believe the movies clarified the death toll on his attack on New York as nearing one-million.

You're *assuming* the Arbiter is objective. You don't know anything about her & you're just assuming things about the character based on the design. The last thing I want from a story is for everything to be gleaned from first-impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Loki never genocided an entire race of people.

People should just let villains be villains.

Arbiters afterlife dichotomy is literally based on their past actions judged in an objective manner. The Arbiters knows every thought, every action, every thing about a soul she judges.

She is, objectively, a good person, unless Blizzard tries to pull a stupid plot twist.
    I get the feeling that she might be objectively objective, probably more of a personalitiless automaton similar to titan constructs. Not bad or good, but possible to bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You're *assuming* the Arbiter is objective. You don't know anything about her & you're just assuming things about the character based on the design. The last thing I want from a story is for everything to be gleaned from first-impressions.
    You're suggesting we don't believe Blizzard's word. Right now it's canon that the Arbiter has existed before the titans, governs the entire infinite Shadowlands, and can accurately judge a soul on their morals instantaneously and send them where they belong.

It's okay to speculate, but treating the Arbiter as evil right off the bat, is Pyromancer levels of conspiracy.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2020-04-15 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I get the feeling that she might be objectively objective, probably more of a personalitiless automaton similar to titan constructs. Not bad or good, but possible to bug?
    See, the fact that she absorbs thoughts, feelings, failures, success and all that makes it seem that she has some way to judge nuance and isnt personality-less.

Yes he absolutely did. I believe the movies clarified the death toll on his attack on New York as nearing one-million.
    So what you're saying is that if he was trying for genocide, he was failing by a rather large margin?

So, uh - where are the builds?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Form those lines i got hte impression that Bwonsamdis realm is in close proximity ot teh Ardenweald, but not directly linked to it, and that the Winter Queen generally dislikes Bwonsamdi, possibly for being morally dubious for own power as opposed to more neutral. He is afterall linked closely to the wild god loa who end up in the Ardenweald, and he knew the Winter Queen enough to adress her personally like he knew her, and felt sure she would take the souls, which is not the kind of interraction you would have with someone who is a complete stranger.
    Oh yes, I agree, he knows her. I just thought that the 'boss' he did seem kind of afraid of in BfA would get a different greeting than 'hey dere Winter Queen!' That's more like a normal Bwonsamdi greeting
    Even if he isn't of her realm, I do think they have had something to do with each other in the past, so he would know her in any case. He is a Loa of Death, after all. And we don't really know if it's the Winter Queens line about Bwonsamdi getting out of her realm, could be anyone's line. I just thought it did fit quite well here. And simply put even if he is a Loa, I just can't quite fit him into Ardenweald. I think he's more a general kind of Loa, because the souls he takes speak of him putting people in different afterlives, depending on how they lived. So I'd say more that his boss would be the Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Example, someone like Garrosh probably did okayish up until Cata thats when his chances of being in the Maw increased.
    WRONG! its all up to Blizzard whats so bad you go to the MAW, for example Medievh, Arthas, and the orc-slave-camp chiefs surely all belong into the maw yet if they end up there is depending on the plot armor they get from EA2.0 ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Didn't one of the Gul'dans technially became a demon in Legion? I would think he'd go to the Twisting Nether.
    No you met obviosuly both Gul'dans in SL. Gul'dan has the demon Gul'dan as his pet :-D

Unless you're on a path of turning incredibly cruel ruthless and evil, you don't have anything to worry about, most people here wouldn't end up in the Maw. Example, someone like Garrosh probably did okayish up until Cata thats when his chances of being in the Maw increased.
    What are those chances when he died in an alternate timeline?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    You're suggesting we don't believe Blizzard's word.
    "N'zoth will not be the final boss of BFA. We promise" Blizzard 2017

7+ Year Old Account
    What are those chances when he died in an alternate timeline?
    The same?
    Why would the chances change in any way?

Sent from my ZTE A2020G Pro using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    So, uh - where are the builds?
    If there's a build today, prolly later. It isn't even 12 there, I think.

No, thats just fucked up...its one thing to enjoy watching Sylvanas but don't fucking justify it. Jesus you people are nuts.
    I wonder what that one user who always defended Sylvanas would say to this. Think he was called "immolation" something? He used to defend Sylvanas all the time. Stopped seeing him around after Saurfang's death tho...

- - - Updated - - -

Mostly so they don't look like they're bashing Sylvanas fans for liking her. Which I don't blame them for doing it, nobody playing a video game like this anyways, wants to feel like a bad guy(Inb4 someone says WELL I WANT TO BE EVIL).
    I'd love to play an evil character. Players in an alternate universe probably got a scourge faction that is evil.

Edit: But that doesn't mean I like what Sylvanas is doing, mostly because I'm playing for the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The same?
    Why would the chances change in any way?
    I would imagine an Alt Arbiter would be like "Who the fuck are you?"

I would imagine an Alt Arbiter would be like "Who the fuck are you?"
    there is only ONE Arbiter.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    there is only ONE Arbiter.
    Well maybe Blizz shouldn't have created Alt Draenor then.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well maybe Blizz shouldn't have created Alt Draenor then.
    Pretty sure that Draenor is mattering less and less.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So what you're saying is that if he was trying for genocide, he was failing by a rather large margin?
    Is what you're saying that Sylvanas should kill more people? After all the existence of the Shadowlands significantly diminishes the moral implications of murder. And consider how much forced relocation the Night elves did to the trolls I already didn't consider burning teldrassil an atrocity: Just a very later-term abortion.