Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean they could time travel to grab a fully empowered dragon soul but that would break the timeline when they defeated Neltharion in the raid so I doubt that'd be a good idea.
    Or they could just go to the Pantheon itself and ask for a new boost.

Or they could try and steal the power from the Keepers like Lei Shen did.
    Neither of the latter two really need time travel, though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    This. They got their powers from an outside source the first time, no reason to assume that can't be done again. The keepers have also been freed from their various issues, although the Titans are somewhat indisposed.

The idea that time travel is the only option is rather silly. I can't even see how it would help any.
    I can see the Dragonflights helping us in the final push against The Jailer since the portal to the Shadowlands is just a few zones away from Wyrmrest Temple. When we defeat The Jailer they can somehow absorb his most likely Titan body essence and gain their powers back. This will also release Galakrond from The Maw but that's just my wild speculation.

Xalatath will probably manipulate Nozdormu into doing something that turns him into Murozond, creating some problems. If we assume that Blizzard hasn't dropped that plotline completely (and Deaths of Chromie implies they haven't) then she's the only remaining void agent on Azeroth that could turn him crazy.

Maybe Azshara if they want her to serve the void yet AGAIN.

If this has to do with Galakrond or is just one of the different dragon plotlines remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Celvira is on a lonely crusade for this.
    To be fair, the femworgen voice is really, really terrible.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh ofc, it's a vertigo theory so ofc it's bound to be crap. As I said, the time travel would not even work since it would create a paradox.
    Tineline is a paradox the reason why there are different timelines and alternate reality just like WoD but it always ends up with a convergence or a point of intersection just like a junction on the road.

Nozdormu even quoted it himself, one should not think linearly as I have posted on one of my closed thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Neither of the latter two really need time travel, though.
    They may use Shadowlands Monster Inc. doorway/gateway.
    There is one dragon aspect already having a presence in SL and that's no other than Ysera and she would definitely end up in Emerald Dreams before becoming mortal again.

I will recompile my past threads since they are still relevant to Shadowlands Storyline and is brewing just right.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...the-Past/page2

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nnection/page2
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2020-06-08 at 03:08 PM.

So the "Big Reveal" that was pushed back. Could it be allowing cross faction grouping/raiding while still keeping the factions? That seems big enough to warrent a stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    So the "Big Reveal" that was pushed back. Could it be allowing cross faction grouping/raiding while still keeping the factions? That seems big enough to warrent a stream.
    It's possible. We know they were testing it early this year. At the same time they could push it back to make it a "big reveal" for 10.0 at the expense of Alliance Mythic Raiding being dead for another two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I woudlnt assume so.
    My guess is that it was a simple stream to explain everything that has been tested so far, what they have learned from it, and what they intend to do with that data going forwards.
    This could mean things like what they have learned about Torghast during testing, and what path they want to push it in going forwards.
    Feedback on classes, and whether they intend to change more classes/specs before Beta, and in the absence of that, what extra power systems will be in-game to flesh out those classes.
    And maybe some talks about Covenant abilities, and whether they have something to say on balance, or even if the abilities will work in instances. And then maybe what they will test about it in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    What was the wording for the big reveal? Or is it just online chatter? Cause I don't think we're getting anything new we don't know about. They were probably going to announce a beta opening (or the date) or a release date.
    Pretty sure it was just: "Ion Shadowlands stream".
    Could be things around the game, what changes they have made or just talks about design philosphies. for all we know it could also be a statement on Blizzcon for this year, seeing as it is starting to become relevant to start selling tickets.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    just peoples headcanon, like always.
    It was just a stream with ion announced, like the many we had before
    Or he may drop some minibombs to keepthe hype alive and kicking.

How long until people freak the fuck out that the cosmic center for Necromancy is (or is supposed to be) ruled by heroic abominations and zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    They may use Shadowlands Monster Inc. doorway/gateway.
    There is one dragon aspect already having a presence in SL and that's no other than Ysera and she would definitely end up in Emerald Dreams before becoming mortal again.
    Because she is dead and got the Wild God special treatment due to her link to the Emerald Dream. None of the other (ex-)aspects have access to that. Nor do they really have any reason to. Their issue is that their powers are gone, not that they are dead.

We have no reason to assume that Ysera would get her aspect powers back once she went through the rebirth cycle.

I am afraid blizzard will spend all their class design time on classes inside Torghast and neglect the classes outside of it, which is most of the game. I hope since all classes are in torghast now they focus on design outside of it.

So, when is it going to be released? Any ETAs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    None yet. With the US situation as it is, might be hard to make any.

Probably late October or November if they are sticking to 2020.

They must be kicking themselves over no 8.3.5 now. Maybe they will end up doing one?

The only confirmation we have so far is a Q4 release. Though general consensus places the release between mid-to-late Octiber and November. Though given all the unforeseen circumstances we could be looking at a Q1 2021 release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Probably late October or November if they are sticking to 2020.

They must be kicking themselves over no 8.3.5 now. Maybe they will end up doing one?
    Definitely too late for a 8.3.5. Though I am sure that they would have done one if they realized that there would be a pandemic immediately followed by riots preceding what looks to be a very contentious election season.

I doubt rational people would blame Blizzard for postponing Shadowlands at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Definitely too late for a 8.3.5. Though I am sure that they would have done one if they realized that there would be a pandemic immediately followed by riots preceding what looks to be a very contentious election season.

I doubt rational people would blame Blizzard for postponing Shadowlands at this juncture.
    I think that if they push back Shadowlands to 2020 they will have to put something out for the interim, otherwise this is one of Blizzard's deadest years in a long time. The only property getting real support would be Hearthstone.

Add two more ARs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    They introduced backpack as back attachment now instead of cape, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Remember that the Dragonflights are mortals now and they've given up their immortality during the madness of Deathwing encounter. The only way to recover their powers is, yes no other than time traveling back into the past where they have been blest from being a humble protodrake and becoming the dragon aspects they are suppose to be.

Which means just I have said way back in BfA Alpha/beta that there is time travel involved after BfA.
    Oh bullshit with the 'only way' stuff. It could be as simple as theres some special artifact on the Dragon Isles we need to seek out which can restore the Dragonflights power.

Just like the 5 Pillars of Creation were pulled out of Blizzards ass to be special artifacts to serve the Legion storyline, they can pull more special artifacts out of their ass to serve any potential Dragon Isles/Dragonflights storyline.

Stop with this 'the only way is time travel' rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think that if they push back Shadowlands to 2020 they will have to put something out for the interim, otherwise this is one of Blizzard's deadest years in a long time. The only property getting real support would be Hearthstone.

Add two more ARs or something.
    You mean 2021?

And I agree. If they push it back, then I'm thinking there's gonna have to be...something. Like maybe they'll try to push new customization early?

I wonder if they could push World Quest 2.0 out early? I don't think they could but yeah, they'll have to give something.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    You mean 2021?

And I agree. If they push it back, then I'm thinking there's gonna have to be...something. Like maybe they'll try to push new customization early?

I wonder if they could push World Quest 2.0 out early? I don't think they could but yeah, they'll have to give something.
    I somehow doubt it. There are afterall unforeseen circumstances, so we have to consider it like Blizzard putting their work on hold while it blows over.
    Now if they hit regular developmental snags then they probably would ahve set aside a team to make something small, but I somehow doubt it considering.

That being said I would love nothing more than for Blizzard to add the elite Aspirant sets as transmog ensembles so I can collect them. Give me a reason to keep doing all the warfronts and generally interract with the game more.
    Or I guess they could add some Shadowlands optios early, not sure what those would be though, most seem like they would take too long to implement to be worth the effort.