Honestly if they go the way of making Tyrande "shed her desire for vengeance because she's gone insane" or make the players kill her because "she's been driven mad", then I think I might just be done with WoW.

Her being nowhere during 8.2 is one thing, which is why I skipped that patch, but ultimately I can at least argue that there is a reason to have her not focus on Azshara and Sylvanas simultaneously, but this would be a whole cause of utter bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I did watch the video. They show the final fight against Jaina. They show that as if it's more significant than what they don't mention at all: The fact that the alliance is the invader & The Death of King Rhastakhan. This is supposed to be the catchup for lapsed players & they even portray the alliance as noble in that instance. It's incredibly biased.

- - - Updated - - -

The Nightborne allied race acquisition questline shows that Alleria *thinks* she is the first mortal to defy the void but this is merely her delusion. Lorthemar & Thalyssria have to stop her from destroying the sunwell.
    It's a play...

Lighten up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Its pretty clear she views him as a tool and nothing more. If the tool works use it if it dosn't discard it.
    Sylvanas got that Jailer Dick. Nathanos got cucked as a result of his Simpery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    From the writer of Shadows Rising. Nathanos is totally fucked.
    No sympathy. Sylvanas isn't particularly subtle about how little you mean to her. This goes for Nathanos and the Sylvanas fans he represents.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I'm not saying it's going to happen because Blizz sucks but it's like...the core of Warcraft. Orcs vs Humans, Alliance vs Horde, Red vs Blue.

It's just what it is. I would love to be proven wrong.
    No, it was the foundation the franchise was built on. Not the core. It hasn't been a major part of most stories from WC3 onwards, which is the large majority of WarCraft stories, and the incarnations in WoW have always felt rather forced. If it was core to WarCraft, you'd have to work to keep it out. Instead, Blizzard has to work to keep it in.

From that book commentary it seems like Nathanos in the pre-patch probably has confidence in something like Sylvanas or the Jailer to bail him out if he gets too low, but no one will come for him and he'll get nuked by a character like Tyrande or Calia. He could always pop up as a raid boss in the Maw but it makes sense why he doesn't appear at all in 9.0 Shadowlands if he doesn't make it out of that fight.

I'm going to assume it's Tyrande to showcase her Night Warrior powers (as they aren't used that much, and she hasn't used them in a cinematic yet) but it could also be a moment to show off Calia.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Hardly. Is there a term for a level of satisfaction at misfortune beyond schadenfreude? Because this is like, cosmic-level schadenfreude.
    No, because Schadenfreude is about what you are taking delight in, not how much. Although i'd suggest /nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it was the foundation the franchise was built on. Not the core. It hasn't been a major part of most stories from WC3 onwards, which is the large majority of WarCraft stories, and the incarnations in WoW have always felt rather forced. If it was core to WarCraft, you'd have to work to keep it out. Instead, Blizzard has to work to keep it in.
    That's...what I said. It's the core of Warcraft.

I didn't say it was the core of WoW

Also, something I found interesting in Shadow's Rising I'm gonna spoiler it just in case but Alleria calls the beings who whisper to her the Old Ones which obviously isn't the same but it's close enough to the First Ones that it definitely seems like the First Ones were probably Void/Light beings

Also a Forsaken with a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, because Schadenfreude is about what you are taking delight in, not how much. Although i'd suggest /nelson.
    It's powerful enough we may need to invent a new term, is the point.

Either way, bold of them to assume that probably the most hated character overall across both faction lines could garner sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    From the writer of Shadows Rising. Nathanos is totally fucked.
    That sounds just awful tbh. Especially since the last book tried to sell us how they absolutely share the same goals. But I guess that ws before they though of having sylvanas serve another master and "totes did it since wotlk".

Also if they give Nathanos a redemption arc I will lose the last shred of hope I have for the story.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    After that I can easily see Nathanos helping us against Sylvi and die in the process. Not a redemption, though.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    After that I can easily see Nathanos helping us against Sylvi and die in the process. Not a redemption, though.
    Like we're fighting Sylvanas and he shows up to try and get revenge for her tossing him to the side and she kills him? I could see that, depending on what happens between now and us fighting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    As if.. my last beta was WoD..
    I think I got in for all Betas, but for BfA and Legion it was really late.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Honestly if they go the way of making Tyrande "shed her desire for vengeance because she's gone insane" or make the players kill her because "she's been driven mad", then I think I might just be done with WoW.
    They are setting her up to be saved tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will be on virtual Gamescom this year. I guess this is when they want to reveal release date (and maybe new CGI trailer? or at least some summary for SL content). I still think it's first half of November and revealing it 2-2.5 months before launch is pretty late, but for example WoD date was revealed late as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I think I got in for all Betas, but for BfA and Legion it was really late.
    If you fish for small giveaways for Beta keys, it's not hard to get in. It's rather late, but still useful if you want to learn your class or dungeons before launch. I got Legion from some spanish site and BfA from polish site. For sure it's bad idea trying to get key only from for example Towellie where 5k+ people wait in line.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-07-16 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Blizzard will be on virtual Gamescom this year. I guess this is when they want to reveal release date (and maybe new CGI trailer? or at least some summary for SL content). I still think it's first half of November and revealing it 2-2.5 months before launch is pretty late, but for example WoD date was revealed late as well.
    It's possible they'll announce the release date/prepatch stuff before then and Gamescon may just end up being 9.0.5 or 9.1 or something.

Idk man, that does seem like a really short window of time for announcing the release date but I don't know what else they could do with it either.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say November 6th. That way they can sync Scourge 3.0 up with Hallow's End and Day of the Dead, and won't have to worry about dropping it in the middle of Hallow's End and being all "Well either we update the event for Level 60 and nobody can do the endgame version, or we just set it for Level 50 and players outlevel the event."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'd say November 6th. That way they can sync Scourge 3.0 up with Hallow's End and Day of the Dead, and won't have to worry about dropping it in the middle of Hallow's End and being all "Well either we update the event for Level 60 and nobody can do the endgame version, or we just set it for Level 50 and players outlevel the event."
    November 6th is Friday, I don't think they are suicidal. Imo 3rd, 10th, 17th are possible. 10th November fit the best, cause 1st and 8th December are safe dates to release season 1 and Mythic Castle Nathria (with 3rd November release we would had 4 weeks without raid cause Thanksgiving and 17th November put mythic race very close to Christmas).

It's possible they'll announce the release date/prepatch stuff before then and Gamescon may just end up being 9.0.5 or 9.1 or something.

Idk man, that does seem like a really short window of time for announcing the release date but I don't know what else they could do with it either.
    Imo it's too soon. It would beat 7.1 that was still revealed only like 2 weeks before launch (and in form of just teaser trailer). More likely they'll talk about patches on this early '21 event that replace Blizzcon '20 (why they even bother to do it, I don't know).

But imo they should release 9.1 PTR as early as late January, white there is still early hype. It could be just extra story chapters and new dungeon, hopefully raids will be again 9.X.5 territory, without them smaller BfA patches felt rather empty.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-07-16 at 09:25 PM.

Ye, gimme beta! I got invited to one beta through my 14 years with an account, and that was BfA.

And I am still there (sorry, I had to)

Imo it's too soon. It would beat 7.1 that was still revealed only like 2 weeks before launch (and in form of just teaser trailer). More likely they'll talk about patches on this early '21 event that replace Blizzcon '20 (why they even bother to do it, I don't know).

But imo they should release 9.1 PTR as early as late January, white there is still early hype. It could be just extra story chapters and new dungeon, hopefully raids will be again 9.X.5 territory, without them smaller BfA patches felt rather empty.
    I thought they were doing digital Blizzcon? I guess they could just be like "hey here's some stuff about SL" and then a teaser for 9.1 and then talk about 9.1 at Blizzcon.

Idk, feels like a weird time for them to announce or showcase anything. Like it's too early for 9.1 and too late for anything involving release date but I guess we'll see what happens.

That's...what I said. It's the core of Warcraft.

I didn't say it was the core of WoW

Also, something I found interesting in Shadow's Rising I'm gonna spoiler it just in case but Alleria calls the beings who whisper to her the Old Ones which obviously isn't the same but it's close enough to the First Ones that it definitely seems like the First Ones were probably Void/Light beings

Also a Forsaken with a beard.

Old gods had been called "old ones" hundreds of times in game.