Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    Old gods had been called "old ones" hundreds of times in game.
    Could be the void lords, hard to tell with Lovecraftian writing.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    Old gods had been called "old ones" hundreds of times in game.
    That's true. But Alleria didn't make a pact with the Old Gods, she made a pact with the Void.

Could be Old Gods. Could be Void Lords. Could be something else.

It could even be....nothing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I thought they were doing digital Blizzcon? I guess they could just be like "hey here's some stuff about SL" and then a teaser for 9.1 and then talk about 9.1 at Blizzcon.

Idk, feels like a weird time for them to announce or showcase anything. Like it's too early for 9.1 and too late for anything involving release date but I guess we'll see what happens.
    If Blizzard is involved in virtual Gamescom, they must show something. Last few years they back down to e-sport and smaller things like Azshara warbringer, but this year it's not normal event. Probably every company will get some time on official stream to show what they got and that's it.

Maybe it's reason why they hold with revealing SL date, it's not like anything else is coming soon, Overwatch 2 is probably 21, Diablo IV 22 and I don't think they want to talk about Immortal. They could also go full nostalgia and reveal TBC Classic/ Diablo II remaster.

That's...what I said. It's the core of Warcraft.

I didn't say it was the core of WoW
    WoW is the majority of what WarCraft is, though. If it isn't the core of WoW, it isn't the core of WarCraft.

Just by time alone, WoW is already more than half of WarCraft's entire lifetime. Storywise, it's even bigger. And HvA wasn't exactly a big deal in WC3, either.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    WoW is the majority of what WarCraft is, though. If it isn't the core of WoW, it isn't the core of WarCraft.

Just by time alone, WoW is already more than half of WarCraft's entire lifetime. Storywise, it's even bigger. And HvA wasn't exactly a big deal in WC3, either.
    All the HvA stories in WC3 were about how they shouldn't be fighting because there are bigger problems, and it was cool because it was novel for the setting and franchise

It was less cool when they retold the exact same story every other expansion in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Alleria could just be cuckoo. Turalyon is just playing with the Hot/Crazy Scale.

I see what you did there.

On topic, I do think it's important, as someone else mentioned, to remember that Alleria accepted the Void, not an Old God - which in my opinion smells like a parallel to Sylvanas' story.

Sylvanas got powers from a major "deity-like" power player (in SL terms, probably got the Jailer for a Soulbind) ensuring that she, on paper, only answers to him and not a lieutenant, much like Alleria and the Void.

What is it with these Windrunner sisters? Some serious inner darkness to tap into.

Anduin, only becoming evil, redeems himself as a character. I think Blizzard understands that BFA was a failure for Anduin. And now that we save everyone but not him, it should break his spirit and faith in friends and this is what Sylvanas does.

Iirc we have gotten the official release date slightly before beta has started for the past couple of expansions.

Now that beta is already up, what do you think is the reason we havent gotten announcement yet this time? Some major decisions/testing for beta and they aren't sure how long fixing them is going to take? Based on the timing of past announcements they generally have a good idea of the time needed to polish the game during beta.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Iirc we have gotten the official release date slightly before beta has started for the past couple of expansions.

Now that beta is already up, what do you think is the reason we havent gotten announcement yet this time? Some major decisions/testing for beta and they aren't sure how long fixing them is going to take? Based on the timing of past announcements they generally have a good idea of the time needed to polish the game during beta.
    If I had to hazard a guess it would be that America is such a hotbed of craziness and volatility that any attempt at giving any firm specific date for anything is playing dice with fate. Specifically in this case, the presidential elections later this year, which going by the political climate could launch further protests. Not to mention America currently being the world leader in Covid-19 cases there is not even a guarantee that Blizzard will be able to keep their offices open by that time.

Are Beta realms on maintenance? I didn't hear anything about it, but they've been offline for a few hours... do we know when will it come back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Anduin, only becoming evil, redeems himself as a character. I think Blizzard understands that BFA was a failure for Anduin. And now that we save everyone but not him, it should break his spirit and faith in friends and this is what Sylvanas does.
    No, his character was only failed because they didn't really use him enough, he popped up once in awhile. Stop wanting to turn Anduin evil, its lazy and not in his character.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No, his character was only failed because they didn't really use him enough, he popped up once in awhile. Stop wanting to turn Anduin evil, its lazy and not in his character.
    they did with horde characters, and the alliance seems envious of that horde bias and focus, guess its time to give then what they want?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Anduin is one of those weird characters where he is best when he gets to not be king, honestly. When he gets to go around Stormwind helping people, or better yet when he went to the Broken Shore incognito.

Though honestly, the bigger problem with him is that he is never in the spotlight enough to get a good look at his character outside when the writers need him to be sanctimonious, or otherwise not act sanctimonious for dramatic effect, we all too rarely get to see him have to balance his priestly and kingly duties, or struggling with the stress of leadership. Or even just talk to Genn.

Anduin is actually a genius mastermind. He perfectly manipulated the Horde into fighting each other by freeing Saurfang, which in turn sparked an internal civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Alleria could just be cuckoo. Turalyon is just playing with the Hot/Crazy Scale.
    You’re not implying that the Void can drive people crazy are you? There’s little to no evidence that it does that. Here, step into my void rift office and we can discuss it further

i just want the interview to happen man

i also need alcohol because this expansion has so much argument over systems its unreal even though like 99% of the arguments are "this doesnt effect me so i dont want it changed and if you do then your paranoid"

I'm puzzled at the lack of release date. Usually the release date is announced by now, wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I'm puzzled at the lack of release date. Usually the release date is announced by now, wtf?
    with how everything is going on right now i imagine they are waiting until the absolute last minute for a release date

i mean some people plan holidays around the release and it would be shit if they said one day and had to push it back

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    i just want the interview to happen man

i also need alcohol because this expansion has so much argument over systems its unreal even though like 99% of the arguments are "this doesnt effect me so i dont want it changed and if you do then your paranoid"
    Honestly, if you're not drinking in 2020 then how are you even surviving?

Honestly, if you're not drinking in 2020 then how are you even surviving?
    by working 24/7 almost lol

last time i got drunk it didnt end well....im debating on making a rum run right now