Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Again, 0 knowledge of Priests, including SPriests but that sounds pretty much entirely positive then on the flavor and the gameplay front?
    If you liked that the original voidform gameplay was easily the most anxiety inducing spec, or that you prefer the big shadow priest spell being a psychic attack rather than a disease, I can see being unhappy with the changes. Otherwise, this does tackle the specs problems with movement-based fights. With the unpruning its definitely time for the game to support shift+hotkeys(Edit: Turns out it already does & always has. Fantastic)
    Last edited by Ersula; 2020-08-04 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    redpill me on the priest changes (not well-versed on them)

will they still be keeping their old god flavor in theme?
    more like purple-pill

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly for me Legion S2M only felt great in one encounter. Mage Tower. It just fit that encounter great.
    Oh yes. I sucked so bad at it but man, when I finally got him down, that was great. Was my last non- heals Mage Tower, by a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly for me Legion S2M only felt great in one encounter. Mage Tower. It just fit that encounter great.
    S2M was the mos stressful goddamn moment of my WoW career. Mained Shadow since WotLK, and suddenly I had to play this crap, or else it was like I was trolling. And then half of the raid was "dude, wtf, why so shit dmg on pull" while other half expected you to pull godlike deeps off ez, after checking general Shadow logs.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-04 at 09:11 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    S2M was the mos stressful goddamn moment of my WoW career. Mained Shadow since WotLK, and suddenly I had to play this crap, or else it was like I was trolling. And then half of the raid was "dude, wtf, why so shit dmg on pull" while other half expected you to pull godlike deeps off ez, after checking general Shadow logs.
    Yeah I played shadow going into Legion and I switched mains in short order. Boss dies faster then expected? shit dps. Boss takes longer then expected, die and bad dps.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    People will complain about everything, no exceptions. It's like Rule 34, except with complaining.

And it will stay that way because they already tried the other option and it didn't work. At most, they can do lateral growth, but there isn't much room for upward.
    how did it not work??
    bloat?
    they already say themselves "we dont expect you to have every single skill on a binding"
    they could simply add 3 new talents per expansion instead of 5 systems in an expansion to immediately be discarded and have the players feel worse every time the game resets

theres no reason we shouldnt have 2 more talent rows right now besides them making up a problem to justify the borrowed power systems as a solution. Every expansion that comes out ends up dropping their power increases and either you get 1/5th of the sbilities and changes made baseline/talents while the rest get nuked for a couple years just to return later. When Legion came out my WW could have kept the lost talents in a new row and the same for BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    more like purple-pill
    Eyyyy.

(10ch)

there were only a few bosses where S2M was considered required

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If you liked that the original voidform gameplay was easily the most anxiety inducing spec, or that you prefer the big shadow priest spell being a psychic attack rather than a disease, I can see being unhappy with the changes. Otherwise, this does tackle the specs problems with movement-based fights. With the unpruning its definitely time for the game to support shift+hotkeys(Edit: Turns out it already does & always has. Fantastic)
    I do like void priests focusing on psychic attacks, but I guess having one or two abilities that aren't based on that aren't a total moodkiller.

And if it makes gameplay a lot better, it's a win.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    With that insane DMG diff, it was required on pretty much every boss during progress, provided mechanics wont make you drop VF.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

how did it not work??
    bloat?
    they already say themselves "we dont expect you to have every single skill on a binding"
    they could simply add 3 new talents per expansion instead of 5 systems in an expansion to immediately be discarded and have the players feel worse every time the game resets
    There's a difference between not everybody using everything always, and some abilities having no real purpose whatsoever, or them having little to no creative room left to actually fill without homogenising everything.

With that insane DMG diff, it was required on pretty much every boss during progress, provided mechanics wont make you drop VF.
    It also had the best description.

"Then you die. Horribly."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is happening to WoW token (in EU)? It was stable 170k for month, rarely going up to 180k. Then yesterday it first went up over 200k, then drop to 150k. It looks either as some fuck up from Blizzard or coordinated action.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What the hell is happening to WoW token (in EU)? It was stable 170k for month, rarely going up to 180k. Then yesterday it first went up over 200k, then drop to 150k. It looks either as some fuck up from Blizzard or coordinated action.
    Dude, you missed the front page? Gallywix is no more. Around 5.6 billion gold left the game.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-05 at 05:17 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, you missed the front page? Gallywix is no more. Around 5.6 billion gold left the game.
    Well, hopefully youre right and it will stay. But still, 50k in few hours? Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Well, hopefully youre right and it will stay. But still, 50k in few hours? Damn.
    That is actually kind of low, Early on if you could do visions before the 15 cloak came out you could make 500k a hour

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    That is actually kind of low, Early on if you could do visions before the 15 cloak came out you could make 500k a hour
    He talks about token price change :v. But this amount is nothing new, sudden price fluctuations happened each time xpac, or something you could buy with wow gold arrived.

He talks about token price change :v. But this amount is nothing new, sudden price fluctuations happened each time xpac, or something you could buy with wow gold arrived.
    When they made it so u could buy blizzard balance didnt it go up like triple? Worst day of my life
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I honestly don't see why homogenising is such a dirty word in the community. In D&D, most of the classes can either do everything or get a magic item that allows them to. Sure their chassis is not homogenized AT ALL but that's because there are ways to get every utility in even the smallest party, be it by spending gold, crafting items or just summoning the right kind of creature (and if all else fails, get a Cohort or dominate an enemy who can do what you need).
    MoP was probably peak homogenization. We all had access to most utilities, everyone had defensives, self heals, mobility. Classes still had their specialties and thus you had something you were best at, but it wasn't defined by the absence of everything else. For a majority of specs, it was probably the most fun gameplay experience they had.
    The problem comes from the way the games are built. In D&D, that requires active effort on the players part to shore up their weaknesses. In WoW, you simply have it. And it would have become a problem had they kept going forward after MoP, because everybody could already do everything, so the only option forward would have been to make them ever more similar.

Oh you mean ONLY the hard bosses which had insane (heh) DPS requirements?