Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    What happened to all the geeks who were saying Shadowlands would be released in December and that October was totally out of the question and far too early? I said I'd be back to tell you so.

BuT fAlL eNdS oN dEcEmBeR 21sT gUyS!
    That was just delusional af people who either dosen't follow past expansion release patterns. Or have no idea when blizz times for releases is right for the products and when it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Read my other posts or don't bother responding. I don't have time to respond to every single one defending this POS.
    Your only argument as a NPC that was made solely to pay tribute to someone who died of cancer. The rest of your posts don't have any argument either. You don't have anything

That trailer was sure interesting. I think maybe the Kyrians, all of them, missed the whole point... that 'power' that is not supposed to exist anywhere except for the Maw was what wounded Uther's soul. They got told it does and chose to simply completely ignore it. Maybe the Arbiter sent Uther to Bastion exactly for them to see this, because you are not supposed to simply 'forget' your past, you are supposed to shine light on it, work through it and then shed it, once you are ready. This process in their holy 'Purpose' should have made them aware and prepared them, but they chose not to act on it, investigate or anything. They failed the Purpose. They could have seen the threat for the Shadowlands coming then and there, but they were too hung up on words and the 'outrage' of one of their own questioning what was going on. And Uther stumbled right into it all, without being his real true self, not having worked through anything, but only being told to 'forget'.

Also, I think Bridenbrad was a special case, because he was taken to the afterlife directly, without going through the Arbiter or being taken there by the Kyrians, like Ysera.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Your only argument was a minor NPC form 12y ago, that was created SOLELY to pay respect to a real life person that died to cancer. How does it sound as an argument?
    My point is that it was implied that the Light's faithful go to some form of Light-aligned paradise when they die and this is supported by the Bridenbrad quest chain. It fits the previous established lore and it didn't stand out back then because it makes sense and draws on real life parallels that are often evoked when it comes to the Holy Light (the church of the Holy Light has always been heavily based on medieval catholicism in terms of imagery).
    This obviously breaks continuity and for what? So that we can have an edgy Uther that can later get redeemed?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Your only argument as a NPC that was made solely to pay tribute to someone who died of cancer. The rest of your posts don't have any argument either. You don't have anything
    Do you have an argument for why this quest shouldn't matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He wasn't "sent" anywhere.

A'dal and his co Naaru took him in.

Uther just died.
    I mean, why was his soul split into two parts then (one entering Frostmourne, the other one a golden spirit being pulled towards the sky)?

And again, this was done ONLY to pay respect to the guy, not to forward lore. Also "Shadowlands are infinite".
    Just because the quest was a tribute doesn't mean it's non-canon. This isn't an argument. Still, it was stated in Maldraxxus that the Light invades the Shadowlands. Why would the Light send someone into an afterlife that gets invaded by the Light?
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-08-27 at 08:11 PM.

I'm thinking next week we'll see the login screen / music.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    That was just delusional af people who either dosen't follow past expansion release patterns. Or have no idea when blizz times for releases is right for the products and when it's not.
    I think the main reason it took so long to get an actual date was that they weren't sure yet though. November window was screwed because of all the other big releases, but Corona crisis affected their timelines same as everyone else, and they needed to see if they could get everything done + tuning in time to release before November or not.
    If they hadn't, it would've been a December release window.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    That trailer was sure interesting. I think maybe the Kyrians, all of them, missed the whole point... that 'power' that is not supposed to exist anywhere except for the Maw was what wounded Uther's soul. They got told it does and chose to simply completely ignore it. Maybe the Arbiter sent Uther to Bastion exactly for them to see this, because you are not supposed to simply 'forget' your past, you are supposed to shine light on it, work through it and then shed it, once you are ready. This process in their holy 'Purpose' should have made them aware and prepared them, but they chose not to act on it, investigate or anything. They failed the Purpose. They could have seen the threat for the Shadowlands coming then and there, but they were too hung up on words and the 'outrage' of one of their own questioning what was going on. And Uther stumbled right into it all, without being his real true self, not having worked through anything, but only being told to 'forget'.

Also, I think Bridenbrad was a special case, because he was taken to the afterlife directly, without going through the Arbiter or being taken there by the Kyrians, like Ysera.
    It certainly fits into the overall feel that "Death is Broken, and it's more than just The Maw." Revendreth is pretty clear why it's broken, Bastion we now know has likely become so dogmatic in their "duty" that they completely forgot the point, we just need to know why Ardenweald is broken.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It certainly fits into the overall feel that "Death is Broken, and it's more than just The Maw." Revendreth is pretty clear why it's broken, Bastion we now know has likely become so dogmatic in their "duty" that they completely forgot the point, we just need to know why Ardenweald is broken.
    I don't think all the realms are broken. Ardenweald seemed liike it was doing just fine if it wasnt for the Anima drought, and Maldraxxus fell because of Kel'thuzad.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

My guess would be that rebirth can't happen because for some reason no one can leave Ardenweald. (Leave is in this example = Rebirth)

7+ Year Old Account
    Ard seems to be broken in a literal sense.

Place is drying out due to the draught and it being the most anima intensive zone.
    On top of that you got the drust trying to abuse its mechanism of rebirth.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    My guess would be that rebirth can't happen because for some reason no one can leave Ardenweald. (Leave is in this example = Rebirth)
    I don't think each realm needs a problem that needs to be fixed outside the Anima drought.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Well, he was promised "paradise eternal". Doesn't seem to fit any of the Shadowlands we've seen.
    Sure, but who knows what that means to a race of sentient windchimes, if they actually even understand what happens to mortals after death, or if they were being honest. As far as we know they might have just vaporized him as a merciful death and considered that paradise because it's becoming one with the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I think the main reason it took so long to get an actual date was that they weren't sure yet though. November window was screwed because of all the other big releases, but Corona crisis affected their timelines same as everyone else, and they needed to see if they could get everything done + tuning in time to release before November or not.
    If they hadn't, it would've been a December release window.
    True story. But now it also makes perfect sense why they would premiere their SL animated short series at Gamescom. Because they had more in store, and that was the thing we have being asking for.

Gotta say, typical blizz marketing yes. But if i could have predicted the future, then i would have gotten overhyped for tonight even more then.

Revendreth/Maw siphoning its anima. The Drust and Mueh'zala are pests but the fundamental reason it's broken is because it needs so much anima to operate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you have an argument for why this quest shouldn't matter?
    Because they didn;t care about the lore when they made it? Because they wanted to show a guy ascending to heavens after loosing his struggle? Because it's a RL person homage?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-27 at 08:15 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Because they didn;t care about the lroe when they made it? Because they to show a guy ascending to heavens after loosing his struggle? Because it's a RL person homage?
    Just because a character is a hommage doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be part of the canon. This is not an argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just because a character is a hommage doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be part of the canon. This is not an argument.
    It is in this case, as we see in SL. Why can't you accept it was that NPC back then who broke the lore, and note entire SL?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

It definitely should be considered of lesser importance to the lore, considering it's an addition that cares more about addressing reality than enhancing the game's setting.

It is in this case, as we see in SL. Why can't you accept it was that NPC back then who broke the lore, and note entire SL?
    Because that NPC came before? This is how continuity works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It definitely should be considered of lesser importance to the lore, considering it's an addition that cares more about addressing reality than enhancing the game's setting.
    Completely irrelevant. The quest obviously didn't stand out if you didn't know it was a hommage because it worked on the grounds of the lore at that time. It only does now because of their retcons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that NPC came before? This is how continuity works.
    No, you just are looking for a way to moan at Blizzard about a literal reference to someone who died IRL....who probably doesn't want to be used as internet fodder for a petty argument.

Completely irrelevant. The quest obviously didn't stand out if you didn't know it was a hommage because it worked on the grounds of the lore at that time. It only does now because of their retcons.
    "Light does not abandon its champions"

If we're really going to use that line as some ground for lore I could rip it apart several times over but I don't since its a lot more nuanced then that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi