So... First I tried leveling, but the main story quest bugged out and I couldn't accept the next one. Okay, beta is beta, reported and tried making a level 60 character. Joined Night Fae, almost died laughing at the theater quest, used a flight path and then... this happened:

I'm sharing this one, because it's funny
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-09-03 at 05:33 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    PTR is quite laggy right now. Also, there's a lot of people testing their new abilities on target dummies lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    So... First I tried leveling, but the main story quest bugged out and I couldn't accept the next one. Okay, beta is beta, reported and tried making a level 60 character. Joined Night Fae, almost died laughing at the theater quest, used a flight path and then... this happened:

https://i.postimg.cc/52vkdrtq/Beta-Screenshot-5.jpg[/IMG]

I'm sharing this one, because it's funny
    Seems totally normal to me. :P
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Around what time would we get the Maldraxxus Afterlives short?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    men bad, women good
    Yeah, eh. Certainly put a sarcastic smile on my face, that screen.

looks like Anduin and Taelia got close, most likely there will be a comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If you remember that the early concept art of the Jailer looking very Titan-esque, I think that's still canon. His clothing & beard just burned off. Because the Jailer keeps Anduin but says Baine is "worthless" to him. Anduin & Baine are about equal in power, but the way they differ is that Anduin is the descendant of a Titan construct & Baine is not. So I think this has something to do with the Titans, only indirectly.
    No, that's just what you think is the connection. Could be something completely unrelated, like Anduin's Light/Void connection.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that's just what you think is the connection. Could be something completely unrelated, like Anduin's Light/Void connection.
    no, he's a jailer and all jailers love sweet boys

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    no, he's a jailer and all jailers love sweet boys
    Well, that too. But being a Titanic descendant isn't really a particularly notable feature of Anduin, there'd be better picks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    men bad, women good
    Haha, so true

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the PTR updated at the same time as a new beta build comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is the PTR updated at the same time as a new beta build comes out?
    They're usually in sync in the later stages, yeah. Have been in sync the last few builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It really is just a switch these days (since Legion?) from the PTR to the Beta version eh?
    Well at some point they realized they don't need to re-download assets across 500 WoW installations you have.

When I "downloaded" my Shlands Beta - it basically copied 90% of stuff from retail and then added a bit on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I figured that there is no need to test the leveling experience this late. So are there still bugs to be reported in leveling?
    It's weird for me to judge, because I used to do some modding in another game and I was a horrible perfectionist, so I conditioned myself to treat little things like a character not rotating properly or quest dialogue not disclosing rewards get as bugs, even though most people would just interpret it as lack of polish. There was quite a bit of that. I didn't report most of it, because I don't want them to kick me out for being overzelous (lol), but personally I think leveling could use a polishing pass.

As for actual bugs - yes, I've seen a couple small ones like some voiceover repeating itself or a clickable object not appearing when it should. And of course the big one where I "didn't meet cryteria" for the main story quest and wasn't able to progress. That said, I didn't really do much, because I got stuck like halfway through the second chapter of Bastion, so I can't really say.

So what are my overall impressions? Yes, there are a few bugs and personally I think it needs some polish (or I need something for my OCD), but it wasn't bad. What worries me is that the quest I got stucked on supposedly (according to zone chat) was working fine in the previous build, so apparently there's still potential that things will break, which means that yes, leveling still needs testing.
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-09-03 at 11:07 AM.

In a nutshell, this is what I had in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post

Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    oh my guy...I can only elaborate so much. Basically, new factions, new races, new classes revamped world/zones, improved systems such as the talents, and more...

oh my guy...I can only elaborate so much. Basically, new factions, new races, new classes revamped world/zones, improved systems such as the talents, and more...
    But what has this to do with anything?

3+ Year Old Account

That's kind of cool, but wouldn't there be a Necromancer class too?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Is that a san'layn or a drag queen above the gilgoblin?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton