Seeing Denathrius again after the revelation that the Nathrezim in the Legion are just there to destabilize it reminded me that seeing as the Fel corrupts and chagnes the body we have never actually seen what a pure nathrezim looks like. I wonder if Denathrius is simply a pure nathrezim, supposing he is actually one and doesnt just look like one that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Specifically talking about the wings, that is.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How did they get his voice so good? I love it. His sword is awesome too, I hope the pet talks too.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting lines in there.
    Right before he dies he says "My paragon, I failed you", I wonder who that is. His sword also mentions preserving and then restoring him, he might not be gone for good.
    They imply that, despite his death, Denathrius could return unless you either perma-kill his presence, or unless Renathal becomes the Sire. Also, you get Denathrius' blade as a Pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Seeing Denathrius again after the revelation that the Nathrezim in the Legion are just there to destabilize it reminded me that seeing as the Fel corrupts and chagnes the body we have never actually seen what a pure nathrezim looks like. I wonder if Denathrius is simply a pure nathrezim, supposing he is actually one and doesnt just look like one that is.

- - - Updated - - -

People talk about how the Dreadlords were made from the Nether (Thanks to the Chronicle). Yet, the recent thing implies that they used the Fel in order to apply themselves a necessary change and "rule" over the plane of Disorder.

Also, there probably was no God of Fel prior to Sargeras. There's a reason why it's called DISORDER! It has no ruler.

Interesting lines in there.
    Right before he dies he says "My paragon, I failed you", I wonder who that is. His sword also mentions preserving and then restoring him, he might not be gone for good.
    That's really interesting.

I wonder if his sword is going to actually end up being a really important character. Kind of like another entity trapped in a blade.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Fel mutation does cause things like wings and horns, we've seen it with murlocs. So it's entirely possible that he's a pure Nathrezim and that the dreadlords we see are the result of their ingestion of fel, as implied in the book.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/ques...r-the-redeemer

<Energies of death and innervation struggle to free themselves from the blade and consume you to your very core.> <The bonds of warding placed on this blade by Prince Renathal will not hold for long. It should be taken to Sinfall where more permanent arrangements have been made for this prisoner..>
    "Within this animated blade a dark presence screams to be released."
    Prince Renathal also has a floating talking sword named Vorpalla, which is a reference to the Vorpal sword.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

I wonder if his sword is going to actually end up being a really important character. Kind of like another entity trapped in a blade.

- - - Updated - - -

Fel mutation does cause things like wings and horns, we've seen it with murlocs. So it's entirely possible that he's a pure Nathrezim and that the dreadlords we see are the result of their ingestion of fel, as implied in the book.
    Well, there is a questline with the Sword.

We bring it to Sinfall and thats it for now.

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/ques...r-the-redeemer

Prince Renathal also has a floating talking sword named Vorpalla, which is a reference to the Vorpal sword.
    We Jabberwocky now boys
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Well, there is a questline with the Sword.

We bring it to Sinfall and thats it for now.
    Interesting! I've been trying to avoid quest spoilers as much as I can but also it's been really hard for me to because I want to know more, specifically about Denathrius.

- - - Updated - - -

I would assume that if he isnt a pure nathrezim then he is the nathrezim agent of death, and that there is someone above him who commanded him to infiltrate the Shadowlands.
    Could be really cool to have a council of Nathrezim that all the others serve.

I would assume that if he isnt a pure nathrezim then he is the nathrezim agent of death, and that there is someone above him who commanded him to infiltrate the Shadowlands.
    I just wanna finally see a female Nathrezim that isn't Jaina in HotS.

I would imagine he was probably tasked with taking over one of the covenants in the SL, that way the nathrezim would have their hand in that soup.

If we find out there's a nathrezim council tho...I mean, I would love for them to be the REAL enemies behind everything. Or even not the enemies...they're fucking Alpha Legion.

I would imagine he was probably tasked with taking over one of the covenants in the SL, that way the nathrezim would have their hand in that soup.

[IMG]
    It took me scarily long to realize this picture had been altered.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, I imagine they would. The Nathrezim seems to have a modus operandi of trust-based infiltration, so it isnt unthinkable that Denathrius curried favor from the other covenant leaders by pretending to defect.

Other than the abilities, is there anything tied to the Covenants that's also restricted to particular races, classes or factions?

I've got my four characters lined up ready and waiting; I'd rather not feel like I have to go for eight or more.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Renethal has Vorpalla
    Denathrius has Remornia
    The Paragon of Humility has a sentient sword named Compassion

Are there any other sentient weapons like this?

It took me scarily long to realize this picture had been altered.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, I imagine they would. The Nathrezim seems to have a modus operandi of trust-based infiltration, so it isnt unthinkable that Denathrius curried favor from the other covenant leaders by pretending to defect.
    I got a good chuckle out of that.

But yeah, I actually really hope that's the path they're going for. Like...the nathrezim have been a huge enemy for so long, it just seems fitting to find out they're behind so much that's happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Other than the abilities, is there anything tied to the Covenants that's also restricted to particular races, classes or factions?

I've got my four characters lined up ready and waiting; I'd rather not feel like I have to go for eight or more.
    I think everything tied to covenants outside of abilities is either cosmetic or just questlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Renethal has Vorpalla
    Denathrius has Remornia

I had a theory a while back that Frostmourne was made in image of the sentient weapons of hte covenant leaders, though I never got confirmation the others had any. I guess we will have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post

I don't really recall anything being restricted by races/classes via covanents. Their sanctum you might not be able to visit if you have a friend or family that is in a different covanent. Other then that, I think thats it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Renethal has Vorpalla
    Denathrius has Remornia

I don't think it's confirmed but I always felt like it was implied that Frostmourne had a will of it's own. But not to the same extent as the other three swords.

Other than that and the artifacts that talked to the player, I don't think so.

Fingers crossed for two weeks end of season notice tonight!

We could see one if we ever go to the "Plane of Life" that one Dreadlord wrote about in the thing. And if we do go to the Plane of Life, then it'll be in a patch this expac.

We could see one if we ever go to the "Plane of Life" that one Dreadlord wrote about in the thing. And if we do go to the Plane of Life, then it'll be in a patch this expac.
    I doubt they'll put in something completely opposite to Shadowland's theme. I think the Plane of Life and the operative there is just being set up for a future expansion, not a future patch.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do weekly events change with pre-patch? I noticed WoD timewalking is on 30th September and it's last I need to buy stuff for badges from.