Now my guild is on a break until prepatch, they can put it on the 19th for all I care

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It will be here before you know it. Chill
    This is 2020, you fool! A week lasts years!
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    It's obviously not. Why would it be set to the EU release?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Typical classis andy.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Clearly this is Blizzard just sneaking in some hints that they intend to no longer treat the EU fans worse than the US fans...
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I think I did a oopsie. I posted this on reddit because I thought it was funny and now it has 9.2k upvotes and 1.5k comments, half arguing if it's real or not. Is this actually real or just a joke?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I fully understand the argument of the covenants being extra talents++, which is where the problem in a sense lies. I am simply pointing out that when the associated abilities were first shown there was a huge outcry of Venthyr supposedly being completely necessary for the highest level of play, which in turn would kill the system unless Blizzard made it so you could swap them like talents.

Come now noone is arguing that something like that will happen because as was pointed out back then, it is simply untrue because of a variety of factors.

The reason this is a good thing is that it removes an avenue of optimal minmaxing that has plagued the game by stifling creative choices. But now that covenants are set to prove that you do not always need 100% optimal talents, and indeed that if you want them you should work for them, we can instead wonder about what other creative things Blizzard might add in the future that might get shouted at excessively when it is first shown.
    I don't really understand how it removes min maxing if anything it makes it a larger issue... It has been 15 years and even in classic you had people speccing into arms for pvp then swapping to fury for pve.

I just can't see this working out in that idealistic way... sure its fine for unrated but your not going to break 2k or get CE without the ideal covenant for it without buying a carry.
    Last edited by Whiskeyjac; 2020-09-20 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I think I did a oopsie. I posted this on reddit because I thought it was funny and now it has 9.2k upvotes and 1.5k comments, half arguing if it's real or not. Is this actually real or just a joke?
    maybe covid started the same way

you see: the interwebz - full of idiots.

I don't think we will get the prepatch in the next two weeks with brewfest running.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow man. You just HAD TO reignite Classic vs Retail. And just before SL launch!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

yes, it is the EU release date (7th oct).

it is set, i assume, bc the quoted poster used it on a european pc. blizzards game system abstracts all the „numbers“ already inside the game engine, on an abstraction layer. iirc. also the distances should be already in meters on a german client, even running ptr, than in yards.

not 100% sure about it, but this would explain it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Pretty sure the cast time thingy was debunked back in Legion, could be wrong though.
    yep. was the same back then. ofc its oct 6 US and oct 7th EU, when pre patch releases. its obvious (for many reasons, see other thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjac View Post
    I don't really understand how it removes min maxing if anything it makes it a larger issue... It has been 15 years and even in classic you had people speccing into arms for pvp then swapping to fury for pve.

I just can't see this working out in that idealistic way... sure its fine for unrated but your not going to break 2k or get CE without the ideal covenant for it without buying a carry.
    Minmaxing has always been the incentive given to those who are willing and able to put the time and effort necessary into achieving an optimal playstyle. However as the game has evolved and gotten more streamlined the ability to be optimal in all situations has gotten easier, which in turn means that minmaxing is the default state of play instead of players choosing what they enjoy and then optimizing within the ramifications of that choice.

Besides, the argument I mentioned was how the Venthyr teleport specifically was declared so broken it would invalidate all other choices in M+, and yet despite that there are now noone even mentioning it, likely since they realized that DPS is probably more important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I don't think we will get the prepatch in the next two weeks with brewfest running.
    I don't see why we wouldnt. There isnt anything new this year for Brewfest, and therefore no need for Blizzard to give it dedicated time beyond the one and a half weeks we get now, plus the extra week if Blizzard does in fact intend to give players a single week of solely system changes with no pre-patch events.
    Besides, at worst Brewfest is something you do mostly once a day, not intently for days on end. It can do with sharing space with the pre-patch.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Minmaxing has always been the incentive given to those who are willing and able to put the time and effort necessary into achieving an optimal playstyle. However as the game has evolved and gotten more streamlined the ability to be optimal in all situations has gotten easier, which in turn means that minmaxing is the default state of play instead of players choosing what they enjoy and then optimizing within the ramifications of that choice.

Besides, the argument I mentioned was how the Venthyr teleport specifically was declared so broken it would invalidate all other choices in M+, and yet despite that there are now noone even mentioning it, likely since they realized that DPS is probably more important.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see why we wouldnt. There isnt anything new this year for Brewfest, and therefore no need for Blizzard to give it dedicated time beyond the one and a half weeks we get now, plus the extra week if Blizzard does in fact intend to give players a single week of solely system changes with no pre-patch events.
    Besides, at worst Brewfest is something you do mostly once a day, not intently for days on end. It can do with sharing space with the pre-patch.
    I mean... you say it as if its something new but it really,really,really isn't. Even the old talent trees were retired because blizzard saw everyone copied the same build making them nothing but a newbie trap.

This fiction of everyone doing whatever and whenever beyond the most basic content (lfr, unrated pvp, world quests) has and I doubt will ever be a thing...

They heavily nerfed the teleport... it wasn't people lost interest you know that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Bruh that gotta be trolling, nobody is that much of a sad psychopath that they would post this
    ... I hope

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Bruh that gotta be trolling, nobody is that much of a sad psychopath that they would post this
    ... I hope
    There were people on this forum saying the addition of Colourblind Mode and the Move Pad would ruin Classic... and others who whinged about the ability in Classic to rearrange your characters on the login page.

This type of Little Hitler attitude is the rule when it comes to Classic, not the exception.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I would say that discord screenshot was definitely taken out of context. It was clear trolling, but the one who took the screenshot never bothered to show the previous or following posts (I wonder why).

Also I don't use discord but I doubt any admin or mod would type in all caps, even if it's for important announcements. They'd just bold the text.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Has anyone experience either first hand or knowledge of another player who has tried 1-50 in "vanilla" zones rather than switching to an expansion? Curious, for example, how far into the Eastern Kingdoms route a player needs to go to reach 50. Say if they started an undead.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    ... I hope
    Oh you have no idea.. this probably isn't even the worst.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    yep. was the same back then. ofc its oct 6 US and oct 7th EU, when pre patch releases. its obvious (for many reasons, see other thread).
    What do you mean "the same"? Completely unrelated and only accurate by accident?

People with beta access. Did anyon else notice how different the cov intro scenarios are? Like with Necrolord and Kyrian you get welcomed in with a little cutscene and speech and then you are sent to do 3 WQ. With Venthyr & Nightfae you get everything piled on you at once, heck with Nightfae you dont even get your class power.

Beta quirk or blizzard being weird?

- - - Updated - - -

I found it on 4chan and reposted it, hell if I know.