The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I think people need to lower their expectations a bit.

Just because they delayed the expansion doesnt mean that Blizzards stance on most things will change lol.

A lot of things the outrage Youtubers call "unfinished" is not unfinished, they just dont like the design of it.

The only thing that is kind of unfinished, I suppose, is the Maw, but thats because their entire design for it went down the toilet.
    Well the Maw is a unique case. It was finished, then they removed the incentive strucutre entirely, and now they'rer gonna need to redesign the zone's structure in a future patch.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well the Maw is a unique case. It was finished, then they removed the incentive strucutre entirely, and now they'rer gonna need to redesign the zone's structure in a future patch.
    Doesn't Ve'nari(?) give arguably BETTER rewards now for the Maw currency than she used to? Sockets and auto conduits are very big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That would be my guess, yeah.
    Covid can be unpredictable and has led to quite a few unforseen circumstances, but I imagine they would be able to plan a month in advance, which is why I think other factors might be at play outside just blanket "Covid-19"
    Yes, they probably got a bit stuck with Torghast/Covenants and balance as a whole and realized remaining 3 weeks won't cut it for making satisfying results there.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    I say it's at least a month delayed, or they wouldn't have bothered. I would honestly be surprised if it releases before January. December is broken up with holidays/time off.
    First thing I thought reading the post is "Oh damn, January". The lack of a new date felt like that to me. You're right, a month is the minimum. So end Nov/Early Dec. If so, why not give the date now? Unless they're not even sure that will be enough. So it could easily be January once we factor in how quickly Christmas will arrive and the requirement for support post-launch.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The expansion is finished lol, the content and systems are done. All that is left is tuning and bug fixes, hence the delay.
    so.. unfinished? lmfao

be very surprised if it gets released this year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Only thing I wonder now is whether the raid will be delayed to next year. The fact that the expansion is delayed should mean more than just a week or two, more likely a full month, which would put the raid opening perilously close to the Holiday season.
    Guessing we have a December 8th release date with the raid not releasing until January 5th. Mythic on January 12th.

We have new incentives, two items to counter bad RNG on sockes and conduits. People don't like Maw, cause it's not threatening place like Blizzard marketed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Guessing we have a December 8th release date with the raid not releasing until January 5th. Mythic on January 12th.
    As far I know Christmas is not cancelled, although their break may be shorter this year. Imo earliest they could launch raid after going back to work is 12th January.

December 8th is possible for launch. It would make timeframe similar to 8.1->Dazal'alor.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-10-01 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The expansion is finished lol, the content and systems are done. All that is left is tuning and bug fixes, hence the delay.
    There is still A LOT of bugs

Unfinished maps
    Quest markers not showing up
    NPCs in evade

etc

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    First thing I thought reading the post is "Oh damn, January". The lack of a new date felt like that to me. You're right, a month is the minimum. So end Nov/Early Dec. If so, why not give the date now? Unless they're not even sure that will be enough. So it could easily be January once we factor in how quickly Christmas will arrive and the requirement for support post-launch.
    yep. my exact thoughts.

there's no way it's getting released within the next month and a half seeing as they couldn't provide a new release date which obviously means it's far from finished. I'd say they're trying to cram it in before the holiday season kicks in, but they don't even believe that it's possible; only option after this is to release the new season in Jan

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I saw the wowhead post about the delay first then saw the one about the 13th.

So yeah imma say 5 weeks out from there, November 20th new launch date.
    Would they launch an expansion so close to Thanksgiving though? Also, the 20th is on a Friday. Would be the 24th. Raid opening December 8th with Mythic on December 15th. Is 8 days enough to clear mythic? If not that pushes guilds into raiding on christmas/christmas eve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody really knows if its coming in January so I wouldn't just assume until further info.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wanted to let you know that we’re delaying the release of Shadowlands to later this year
    to later this year
    It's not going to be January unless an asteroid hits Blizzard HQ or we get a civil war in the US in november. This was a big financial hit and they felt secure enough to say this year, AGAIN.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-10-01 at 09:49 PM.

Yeah I'm guessing sometime around mid December, with the raid dropping early Jan. There's no hard rule saying the raid always has to come 2 weeks after launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    so.. unfinished? lmfao

be very surprised if it gets released this year
    I'm in beta and there are bugs, but it's mostly done. I imagine they decided to delay to squash more bugs there and balance ofc.

They will release this year easy, because content itself is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    yep. my exact thoughts.

there's no way it's getting released within the next month and a half seeing as they couldn't provide a new release date which obviously means it's far from finished. I'd say they're trying to cram it in before the holiday season kicks in, but they don't even believe that it's possible; only option after this is to release the new season in Jan
    I mean. Its content complete. they are just doing bug fixing and tuning. Obviously they didn't think they could hit the mark next month and have it be at a playable standard. They may only need an extra month, it could be longer.

I would be extremely surprised if its not released by early Dec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah definitely. Sucks for anyone that made plans already to no life that weekend, but from a gameplay standpoint this can only be good. It's an extra probably month that they can spend doing polish that otherwise would have had to wait for 9.1 or even 9.2.

Just so long as "polish" isn't "pull the rip cord."
    Id say iterate on the really bad covenant abilities for specs. As long as every choice is good in one common situation thats fine. Some are dead picks. Also, let us swap conduits freely. Or if they dont want us going back every new boss maybe a 1-2 hour cd? Hopefully a few of the bad specs get looked at too. Like MM and Surv hunters, demo lock etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They explicitly said it's endgame related, so it'll be Covenant ability tuning.
    Hopefully, they add some more content to the Maw too.

It's not going to be January unless an asteroid hits Blizzard HQ or we get a civil war in the US in november. This was a big financial hit and they felt secure enough to say this year, AGAIN.
    I want it to be December at the very earliest honestly.
    change can't wait.

It's not going to be January unless an asteroid hits Blizzard HQ or we get a civil war in the US in november.
    So there is still a chance.

Wish they did this to WC3 Reforged.

It's not going to be January unless an asteroid hits Blizzard HQ. This was a big financial hit and they felt secure enough to say this year, AGAIN.
    It's only really a financial hit in terms of players pausing their subs for October/November. No one is cancelling pre-orders at this point. If anything the pre-orders may start up again because players are like "Oh wow, they really do care about this expansion" after reading so much negativity over the last few weeks.

"This year" was the only option left once they didn't feel confident enough to name a new date. And it could easily still be December. I'm not saying January is nailed on at this point. But I do feel January is a possibility.