Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I understand people saying the Maw is unfinished, but it's a stupid complaint because its the equivalent of flying to the Broken Shore and Tomb of Sargeras in Legion at launch and crying that there's nothing to do (besides that one Orc for the secret quest).
    Well, the Maw is an actual zone in Launch Shadowlands while the Broken Shore was just for the intro in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Wish they did this to WC3 Reforged.
    They did. It still came out trash. The fundamentals and philosophy matter more than any delay. I hope blizzard uses this time wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I want it to be December at the very earliest honestly.
    I fail to see why they would need that much time if it is just bugfixes and tuning and what have you. Obviously it would need more time if they are adding content, though I am not sure what they could add that would justify the extra time delayed.
    Maybe had they mentioned something specific they wanted to change other than bugfixes I might agree that it should be delayed that long.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Wish they did this to WC3 Reforged.
    They did
    And it was trash
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Well, the Maw is an actual zone in Launch Shadowlands while the Broken Shore was just for the intro in Legion.
    The only difference between the Maw in Launch Shadowlands and Broken Shore in Launch Legion is that you can do SOME stuff in the Maw. Both expansions had you go there for quests and I'm PRETTY sure Broken Shore was clickable on the map (could be wrong).

As Zovaal/Sylvanas is in the Maw, any patch with their raid is going to be a shitty patch if it involves going somewhere completely different. Hence why the Maw has room to grow in a patch but is not completely bereft of content at launch. Complaining about the Maw being unfinished at launch is harping on a stupid point.

There is no Suramar in Shadowlands, there will likely never be a Suramar again. They said day one there were no traditional questlines in the Maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    They did
    And it was trash
    It wasn't what fans "envisioned"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It wasn't what fans "envisioned"
    You mean how they falsely advertised it to be?

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    They did
    And it was trash
    I'm sure WC3 Reforged has its problems, but to this day the majority of "problems" with the game have nothing to do with its content but the executive decisions Blizzard made like rewriting classic WC3 and making online games profitable for the company.

Which are things that you can see as shit, but no delay would ever change these.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I fail to see why they would need that much time if it is just bugfixes and tuning and what have you. Obviously it would need more time if they are adding content, though I am not sure what they could add that would justify the extra time delayed.
    Maybe had they mentioned something specific they wanted to change other than bugfixes I might agree that it should be delayed that long.
    I'm personally fine with a month+ of delay for tuning/balance purposes. I actually think a lot of the class discussion I've seen show that there's still a lot of tuning to be done for them. Hell most of the Legendaries for Classes are straight up boring, if they changed those it would be more exciting (not just 80% rehashes from Legion/Tier Sets).

The Covenant system itself is so complex that they've had to do major tuning changes to the Soulbind and abilities, so it's good they're getting more time to work on that.

We saw as recent as what last week (or so) that Rogue Venthyr ability completely changed. If they're making changes like that which aren't minor (tweaking numbers) then it makes sense to get more time.

I'm interested in seeing what they do.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    You mean how they falsely advertised it to be?
    Funny how only good thing that came out of Blizzcon 2018 was 8.2.

Oh well. I gave Blizzard the least bits of decency to not delay it less than one month before release. My idea was that if they didn't decide to delay it by now, they just won't.

Blizzard surprised me again, though. It's not a coincidence they announced it on the 1st day of Q4. Corporate bullshit.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for the delay, but they should have announced it way sooner (if they cared at all about the playerbase). How many people dragged on their subs during that boring drought, thinking that the expanion launch is near? How many people booked their vacation to, as in tradition, fully enjoy the freshness of new expansion?

The delay being so late though convinces me even more that the game will be released in shit state. It's clear they have no plan whatsoever. So don't get your hopes up about "Good decision! Maybe now they will fix the game!". They will annoy you because the game will still be in shit quality, and they annoyed people who planned their time around the date they announced long ago and sticked to until less than one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Geisl View Post
    I'm personally fine with a month+ of delay for tuning/balance purposes. I actually think a lot of the class discussion I've seen show that there's still a lot of tuning to be done for them. Hell most of the Legendaries for Classes are straight up boring, if they changed those it would be more exciting (not just 80% rehashes from Legion/Tier Sets).

The Covenant system itself is so complex that they've had to do major tuning changes to the Soulbind and abilities, so it's good they're getting more time to work on that.

We saw as recent as what last week (or so) that Rogue Venthyr ability completely changed. If they're making changes like that which aren't minor (tweaking numbers) then it makes sense to get more time.

I'm interested in seeing what they do.
    Tuning is nice and all, but if it is just bugfixing and tuning then they wouldn't need that much time, mostly because they always do a post-raid tuning fairly quickly into the expansion, more so for SL considering the supposed 2 week gap from release to raid.
    I feel a longer delay should include at least a few actual substantial changes or additions like class changes or transmog or something added.

And yeah, changing covenant abilities are obviously something that might need more time, I just feel Blizzard should have mentioned specifically what they wanted to see changed.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Oh well. I gave Blizzard the least bits of decency to not delay it less than one month before release. My idea was that if they didn't decide to delay it by now, they just won't.

Blizzard surprised me again, though. It's not a coincidence they announced it on the 1st day of Q4. Corporate bullshit.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for the delay, but they should have announced it way sooner (if they cared at all about the playerbase). How many people dragged on their subs during that boring drought, thinking that the expanion launch is near? How many people booked their vacation to, as in tradition, fully enjoy the freshness of new expansion?

The delay being so late though convinces me even more that the game will be released in shit state. It's clear they have no plan whatsoever. So don't get your hopes up about "Good decision! Maybe now they will fix the game!". They will annoy you because the game will still be in shit quality, and they annoyed people who planned their time around the date they announced long ago and sticked to until less than one month.
    IF someone clearly feels bored they are free to take a break for a bit and not continually wait for something to happen. This cynical take is so stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Can you get AotC in 2 weeks (1 reset) if you're at around 350 ilvl right now? I want to get it on my fresh 120 DK and not my boring Paladin tank.

Legitimately and as a guildless player.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    Can you get AotC in 2 weeks (1 reset) if you're at around 350 ilvl right now? I want to get it on my fresh 120 DK and not my boring Paladin tank.

Probably not. N'zoth is a huge pain in the ass on normal alone.

so could this potential be the longest prepatch?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Guildless? Good luck. N'zoth is not a pug friendly boss and everybody and their mom asks for 460+ ilvl and AOTC for groups, and what few groups that don't are unlikely to be top tier so you'll spend a lot of time on the brick wall.

Besides, I thought AOTC and the associated mount go out with Shadowland's release, not the pre-patch?
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The only difference between the Maw in Launch Shadowlands and Broken Shore in Launch Legion is that you can do SOME stuff in the Maw. Both expansions had you go there for quests and I'm PRETTY sure Broken Shore was clickable on the map (could be wrong).

As Zovaal/Sylvanas is in the Maw, any patch with their raid is going to be a shitty patch if it involves going somewhere completely different. Hence why the Maw has room to grow in a patch but is not completely bereft of content at launch. Complaining about the Maw being unfinished at launch is harping on a stupid point.

There is no Suramar in Shadowlands, there will likely never be a Suramar again. They said day one there were no traditional questlines in the Maw.
    Except the Maw is a complete zone with unique mechanics and quests that is "unfinished" now because its main purpose got removed. Like, it is an actual zone unlike launch Tanaan or launch Broken Shore.

Depends on how deep your pockets are.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.