Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's why only December makes sense. I don't see them delaying until 2021. And a delay of 2-3 weeks isn't even worth it, if they're aiming for that they could've released it on its initial date.
    You can do a ton of bug fixing and polish in 3 weeks, so I don't see how that wouldn't be worth it.

But yeah I'd be surprised if it drops in november just due to how crowded that month is with big new game releases.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Delay to 2021 is improbable, member about quarterly reports.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You can do a ton of bug fixing and polish in 3 weeks, so I don't see how that wouldn't be worth it.

But yeah I'd be surprised if it drops in november just due to how crowded that month is with big new game releases.
    I dunno if thats so much a big factor. A lot of stuff was coming out in August of 2018(BFA release) Maybe 5 extra weeks or at least 8 is the max IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Uh, this delay will cause a precedence. Now every patch/xpac release date will be questioned hard. :v
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

This delay is peak streamer culture. Something that affects less than 1% of players causing a potentially months-long delay.

Streamers will always find something to bitch about because their job hinges on it. Blizzard caving in to them is a new low.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    This delay is peak streamer culture. Something that affects less than 1% of players causing a potentially months-long delay.

Streamers will always find something to bitch about because their job hinges on it. Blizzard caving in to them is a new low.
    Heh, look whose talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Heh, look whose talking.
    No one cares about what some random on a forum says. Streamers are the "voice" of the community and have influence on Blizzard's decisions. Blizzard executives are dumb not to see that they are being played by the streamers to boost their revenues.

Uh, this delay will cause a precedence. Now every patch/xpac release date will be questioned hard. :v
    Not really? Remember, TBC was also delayed.

- - - Updated - - -

WoTLK and TBC were delayed, which is part of the reason why they ended up being so good...

Wish WoD got that same treatment.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    No one cares about what some random on a forum says. Streamers are the "voice" of the community and have influence on Blizzard's decisions. Blizzard executives are dumb not to see that they are being played by the streamers to boost their revenues.
    So you are against delaying, when so many people (not only content creators) were raising concerns about unfinished state of SL? You think this is some big names conspiracy for clicks and views? Don't you think that those creators would make bigger buck when SL finally hits and they can do and comment on all the new content instead of churning pre xpac vids?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I dunno if thats so much a big factor. A lot of stuff was coming out in August of 2018(BFA release) Maybe 5 extra weeks or at least 8 is the max IMO.
    I definitely think it is, would explain why they were pushing so hard for this october date right before all these big games drop. Especially with how hyped up cyberpunk is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    That was sooo long time ago, and not on such short notice.

So you are against delaying, when so many people (not only content creators) were raising concerns about unfinished state of SL? You think this is some big names conspiracy for clicks and views? Don't you think that those creators would make bigger buck when SL finally hits and they can do do and comment all the new content?
    People like drama and outrage. Streamers create fake drama and outrage by making a huge shitstorm out of something that would have been fixed with a single tuning pass after release.

Oh yeah and who tf will be watching streams when the xpack is out and people are playing it themselves? Right now streamers are raking in thousands because people are upset and watching their videos to hear someone "influential" validate them about how bad and mean Blizzard is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I definitely think it is, would explain why they were pushing so hard for this october date right before all these big games drop. Especially with how hyped up cyberpunk is.
    Yeah but the thing about hype....... sometimes its a double edgedsword
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

- - - Updated - - -

WoTLK and TBC were delayed, which is part of the reason why they ended up being so good...

Wish WoD got that same treatment.
    WoD was pretty much unsavageable unless Blizzard delayed it for long enough to go back far enough to add an entirely new endgame progression system.

BfA however is one that definitely oculd have done with a sizeable delay. It wouldnt necessarily have saved Islands or Warfronts since the base gameplay of both don't really work, but at least classes and Azerite could have been in a better shape.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz offers now pre-order refund:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318306/...y-announcement

People dont know what unfinished means.

The only thing unfinished is the Maw, but thats literally because Blizzard removed the entire reason for the zones existence.

People call stuff they dont agree with design-wise "unfinished".

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah but the thing about hype....... sometimes its a double edgedsword
    Only if the game releases as an absolute mess, which I don't expect to be the case with any of these upcoming games.

And that backfire usually happens *after* people have already spent their money.

Sigh.
    Blizzard was always offering pre-order refunds, they are required to give any EU citizen that wants it a refund for a product that hasn't shipped yet and as a large international company its easier to allow this for everyone then make country by country exceptions.
    Them notifying you that you can get a refund is just a PR move.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So does AotC and the dragon go away with pre-patch or Shadowlands release?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    So does AotC and the dragon go away with pre-patch or Shadowlands release?
    Should be pre-patch, as always.