7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Might be a tad earliy, but hwat do people reckon the odds are for the zombie invasion events beginning this week?
    Doubt it. I'm guessing a December 8th release. Prepatch event maybe in a few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Doubt it. I'm guessing a December 8th release. Prepatch event maybe in a few weeks?
    Prepatch event next week and a week gap until the second chapter

Quote Originally Posted by rhode310 View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/Xxbqc4S release day hint? not sure if its posted before
    Not sure if this hints at anything. If so, in my opinion it would indicate a release on December 1st. Such an event for Torghast just one week after launch seems too early.

January 12th is another Torghast event, February 9th, March 9th up until June 29th are monthly Torghast events in the calendar. The one on June 29th is the last one in the calendar.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-26 at 09:07 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Prepatch event next week and a week gap until the second chapter
    I imagine that each chapter would be milked for longer, if we get the zombie invasions next week then we could easily be looking at another 2 or so weeks before the next part.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not sure if this hints at anything. If so, in my opinion it would indicate a release on December 1st. Such an event for Torghast just one week after launch seems too early.

January 12th is another Torghast event, February 9th, March 9th up until June 29th are monthly Torghast events in the calendar. The one on June 29th is the last one in the calendar.
    was thinking dec 1st as well, also if no raid is planned for december then it will be something new to do

Totally doesn’t mean anything but I choose to believe that will be 9.1 release

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine that each chapter would be milked for longer, if we get the zombie invasions next week then we could easily be looking at another 2 or so weeks before the next part.
    Nothing to milk in the first one

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that event was always planned for that date, and will probably be likewise delayed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Can’t really milk them for longer

You need at least two weeks after final event release for everyone to do it

Long maintenance scheduled for Tuesday, wonder what that is for?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Class design is also connected to covanents right now so... yeah they aren't budging.
    It shouldn't be though ? Else they are gonna have to redesign every spec again come next expansion?

Do you realize how asinine that is ?

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the 'First week of December Release Date' boat too
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

My guess: Release date for both Scourge invasion and Shadowlands this or next week
    SL releasing early Dec with raid in Jan
    Still holding onto this, hoping and hoping, slowly dying every single day, waiting to step foot in the new zones even if am someone who is glad for the delay. I am just so ready to completly leave bfa behind.

Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    It shouldn't be though ? Else they are gonna have to redesign every spec again come next expansion?

Do you realize how asinine that is ?
    Maybe, after the third (failed) attempt, they will realize borrowed power isn't the way to go and come up with something more worthwile. I hope so, but I don't expect them to change this design direction as long as Ion (and his other lead designers) is in charge.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by whoisqnx View Post
    My guess: Release date for both Scourge invasion and Shadowlands this or next week
    SL releasing early Dec with raid in Jan
    Still holding onto this, hoping and hoping, slowly dying every single day, waiting to step foot in the new zones even if am someone who is glad for the delay. I am just so ready to completly leave bfa behind.
    i dont know why people expected the dates on monday when tusdays are everything in WoW for the most part lol

BfA will forever live in my heart with 3 points
    1. faction war was meaningless
    2. the azerite grind was unnecessary
    3. amazing content but attached to god awful systems

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, after the third (failed) attempt, they will realize borrowed power isn't the way to go and come up with something more worthwile. I hope so, but I don't expect them to change this design direction as long as Ion (and his other lead designers) is in charge.
    i think they are closer with this whole conduit system

lets say they add a new talent row BUT instead of just having the basic ones we have now its changed to the covenant slot system where you have
    potency
    endurance
    finesse

so for example (i use monk constantly but i hope the idea sticks)
    the finesse slot would only be like 2 but in those two slots you could choose
    ring of peace
    tiger tail sweep
    chi torpedo
    good karma
    celerity
    tigers lust

potency gets
    WDP
    serenity
    chi burst
    chi wave
    etc.

endurance gets
    dampen harm
    diffuse magic
    that weird combo talent
    etc.

this allows for a ton of customisation which they really care about but at the same time doesnt overwhelm the players

this does make a bit of a balancing issue in terms of things like chi torpedo and 3 roll charges but the legendaries already have that so its not new
    it makes some abilities that work well like serenity and spiritual focus usable at the same time to make burst more enjoyable

BOOM i will expect the check in the mail blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    1. faction war was meaningless
    It's all a social commentary on the utter pointlessness and futility of war

Borrowed power is the solution to ability bloat.
    People, rightfully, want new stuff but if you keep giving them new stuff every expansion you end up with to much stuff. And since Pruning was MASSIVELY unpopular Blizzard has chosen to go with the borrowed power concept.

If you have a better way to deal with this issue then let Blizzard know.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People, rightfully, want new stuff but if you keep giving them new stuff every expansion you end up with to much stuff. And since Pruning was MASSIVELY unpopular Blizzard has chosen to go with the borrowed power concept.

I have never really had a problem with the borrowed power thing & largely the community didn't before they assigned a buzzword to it. But the alternative is them to just add new abilities & take older ones away, which is the same as borrowed power. If they add skills you like they are veritably going to take away the ones that don't get used as much. But then again, I think it would be cool if the covenant system continuted past this expansion & just call it multiclassing. Expanding the Necromancer, Angel, Vampire & Fae abilities one expansion at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It's all a social commentary on the utter pointlessness and futility of war
    no its was a red herring
    "oh hey you are going to be going all out in this big war between the factions....until 8.2 where it will still kinda exist but you will start working together like in MoP"

theres no meta meaning or anything they just decided to kill that story and shove in the naga and old god

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post

the solution isnt so much borrowed power but a combo of the systems we have seen

break the talents down to the same classification that we have for conduits
    give players a set amount of slots for each
    with each new expansion ad 1 new slot for each type while adding say 5 new talents

this allows players to have new abilities while also cutting down on the dreaded "ability bloat" which personally i would rather have the option to use eyes of the beast than have it removed simply for the sake of it

i mean look at it right now after SL just have the talent system consisting of 6 sockets with two of each then 10.0 makes it 3 of each

immediately expands player choice and gameplay and allows for the build of either a purely passive talent system or a purely active one that adds 9 new buttons while not having that feeling of "yeah my character players great after the initial set up was done last expansion but now its hot garbage and needs a rework because the bandaids are gone"

Hopefully Shadowlands will manage to reverse soem fo the damage caused by prevalent minmaxing in every aspect of the game, with some luck we could have more interesting talents again.
    Min-maxing's in fucking Classic where builds are as cookie cutter as they get and the content is, at most, mid-boss of Heroic level of difficulty in Naxx. I don't know why people think it'll go away anytime soon.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I have never really had a problem with the borrowed power thing & largely the community didn't before they assigned a buzzword to it. But the alternative is them to just add new abilities & take older ones away, which is the same as borrowed power. If they add skills you like they are veritably going to take away the ones that don't get used as much. But then again, I think it would be cool if the covenant system continuted past this expansion & just call it multiclassing. Expanding the Necromancer, Angel, Vampire & Fae abilities one expansion at a time.
    thats because it wasnt really a thing until legion

set bonuses are technically borrowed power but they were built around your class to supplement the playstyle you had and outside of a few outliers never really interfered with the character. Artifacts were the beginning where specs were designed around the bonus. Azerite was again the same as artifacts. In hfc a WW monk would get a supplemental mastery bonus and energy increase but that did not really change anything. In antorus we got a bonus that when mixed with a leggo was extremely powerful but again did not really change our gameplay. In bfa playing without certain bonuses is hot garbage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Min-maxing's in fucking Classic where builds are as cookie cutter as they get and the content is, at most, mid-boss of Heroic level of difficulty in Naxx. I don't know why people think it'll go away anytime soon.
    because they blame it for all the bad things in the game