Welp Dave Kosak is gone.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Welp Dave Kosak is gone.
    He was on Hearthstone so... oh well if people liked him and such. Been at Blizz for almost 15 years(12 years is his length but that seems almost industry standard for devs)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He was on Hearthstone so... oh well if people liked him and such. Been at Blizz for almost 15 years(12 years is his length but that seems almost industry standard for devs)
    I always assumed he still had some hand in WoW's lore even though he switched games.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not sure if this hints at anything. If so, in my opinion it would indicate a release on December 1st. Such an event for Torghast just one week after launch seems too early.

January 12th is another Torghast event, February 9th, March 9th up until June 29th are monthly Torghast events in the calendar. The one on June 29th is the last one in the calendar.
    I'm guessing leftover from the original release plan.

so since azerite gear loses their powers in SL i recommend everybody either grab some of that island greens or have their heirlooms ready for level 49

currently looking at the gear while yes leveling gear will quickly outpace them the simple fact is that in some cases the heirlooms are as much as 50% stronger than azerite gear without the traits and that is including mythic ilvl with the ilvl boost after the loss of main stat between the two pieces

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    so since azerite gear loses their powers in SL i recommend everybody either grab some of that island greens or have their heirlooms ready for level 49

currently looking at the gear while yes leveling gear will quickly outpace them the simple fact is that in some cases the heirlooms are as much as 50% stronger than azerite gear without the traits and that is including mythic ilvl with the ilvl boost after the loss of main stat between the two pieces
    Early leveling in mythic gear is going to be trivial either way, by the time it actually matters you'll have gotten replacements already. And even with two pieces being in high-value slots, the total impact on your strength isn't quite as big as it sounds.

Are we getting anything today? What's with the extended maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Are we getting anything today? What's with the extended maintenance?
    Optimistically it could be preparation for the zombie invasion event.
    Though it could just as likely be in-depth bug fixes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

haha.. as someone who had Heroic Nyalotha gear, I didn't replace it until after the first zone. So.. NO

So...according to this blue post, there is no PvP Brawl scheduled for week of Dec. 14? Shouldn't there be one or am I wrong?

If not, could that point to SL releasing on Dec. 14?

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...le-of-hotmogu/

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I always assumed he still had some hand in WoW's lore even though he switched games.
    Why did you assume that?

I've seen this sort of thinking a lot from people. Everything I know about how Blizzard operates says that, unless you have some kind of cross-over management role, when you leave a team, you leave the team. You sure as shit aren't still dictating or "influencing" lore in any meaningful way. I think it's just a kind of weird wishful thinking, like if they liked the game when a particular person was on the team, and they still like the aspect when that person leaves, they assume that person is somehow magically still doing their old job and their new. As someone who has actually been in the "johnny two-jobs" sort of position before, that just isn't sustainable/realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    So...according to this blue post, there is no PvP Brawl scheduled for week of Dec. 14? Shouldn't there be one or am I wrong?

If not, could that point to SL releasing on Dec. 14?

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...le-of-hotmogu/
    This is tea-leaf-reading, son.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ..and now Cyberpunk is delayed as well and I'm worried again both CP and SL will come on same week.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    ..and now Cyberpunk is delayed as well and I'm worried again both CP and SL will come on same week.
    I'm not. CP can easily wait, in contrary to SL (tackling Cutting Edge yoooo). Would delay purchase by 1-2 months to wait for patches anyway.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Shadowlands will get pushed back to 2021. They made so little progress in beta in the last weeks... I don't know if it's for the better or worse if we might get it in 2021 though. The fire ravaging near their HQ is another thing that might not concern a lot of employees that are working from home, but it might shake up their schedule to a meaningful degree.

I think we'll definitely know more after the conference call at the end of the week. To be honest, I wouldn't even be made or disappointed if they delay it until 2021. It's going on so much right now, I think a delay for another month or two isn't problematic.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-27 at 04:58 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I'm not. CP can easily wait, in contrary to SL (tackling Cutting Edge yoooo). Would delay purchase by 1-2 months to wait for patches anyway.
    Well yeah, CP will be better over time, cause it's single player, in WoW you miss a lot if you don't play launch. But CP will be a lot more tempting after initial SL rush when you start doing more repetitive stuff.

They made so little progress in beta in the last weeks...
    Ah, you always give me good laugh.

these timeframes are awful, theoretically a late november/early december release would now preempt cyberpunk, but if you go too early, people are mad that the notification period was too short, and if you go too late they'll cram mythic opening into the holidays which was something i think they said theyd never do(but these are dire circumstances)
    other than that i'd agree that with the ongoing fires in california a 2021 release just seems more and more likely

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't going to release raids in the middle of december, that was obvious.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ah, you always give me good laugh.
    They added the new Conduit / Soulbind currency system which isn't well received by testers and they started tuning (= botching) skills and legendaries. They fixed some bugs, but ongoing issues are still not adressed. So yes, they only made little progress in the last weeks, way less progress than was expected. And as I said, the Maw has been basically untouched although they announced some major improvements three weeks ago.

This isn't even meant as criticism, it's just observation of the last weeks of beta.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-27 at 05:15 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They added the new Conduit / Soulbind currency system which isn't well received by testers and they started tuning (= botching) skills and legendaries. They fixed some bugs, but ongoing issues are still not adressed. So yes, they only made little progress in the last weeks, way less progress than was expected. And as I said, the Maw has been basically untouched although they announced some major improvements three weeks ago.

This isn't even meant as criticism, it's just observation of the last weeks of beta.
    I mean, you say it's not a criticism, but it's vastly more critical than the most-critical Youtuber I've seen (Preach), so that seems like bullshit to me.

It's not just criticism, what you're posting is a pack of nonsense. Even extremely critical Youtubers wouldn't agree with it. I only watched Preach by accident, but he's about 10% as negative as you are here. So, not this isn't "neutral observations", this is a pretty vitriolic and misleading attack that you're making on SL's development.

I guess it is kind of funny because it's so wildly over the top at least.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    So, not this isn't "neutral observations", this is a pretty vitriolic and misleading attack that you're making on SL's development.
    I think you can drop the r in pretty.

Though i would agree it isn't criticism... complaining and whining maybe, but certainly not actual critique, since that would require looking at what Blizzard did right as well, not just the parts you don't like.