Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It'll be fiiiinnneeee.

It's what happens after launch I'd be more concerned about that. If SL bombs and D4 bombs, there's a very big, Destiny-shaped hole and Overwatch-shaped reason for Activision to shutter Blizzard.
    I don't think Diablo IV will bomb. Even with all the criticism and negativity, Diablo III was a massively successful video game, selling what, 30-40 million copies? Even if Diablo IV just does half of that they'd be fine. People will get it one way or another, even after they tarnished their reputation with Diablo Immortal (did this game already launch or did it just vanish completely?).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-28 at 09:51 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't think Diablo IV will bomb. Even with all the criticism and negativity, Diablo III was a massively successful video game, selling what, 30-40 million copies? Even if Diablo IV just does half of that they'd be fine. People will get it one way or another, even after they tarnished their reputation with Diablo Immortal (did this game already launch or did it just vanish completely?).
    Still hiring designers lol

- - - Updated - - -

1 week gap in December on the brawl calendar....very interesting

On another note: do you all think we'll get Shadowlands release news before, at or after the conference call tomorrow?

On another note: do you all think we'll get Shadowlands release news before, at or after the conference call tomorrow?
    Given teh situation in California I wouldnt be surprised if we don't get a firm release date until after the Presidential election is set in stone honestly.

Though before that I think the evacuation order caused by the wildfires has to be removed before Blizzard is willing to commit.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    this is mmo champ a proper critique isnt required for a valid criticism to be well valid

yeah sure you cant continue the night fae campaign because multiple npcs bug out but hey the clipping was fixed

yeah you might get stuck leveling because the zone turned to level 60 and you are level 55 but the quest with the bug that you had to leave the vehicle got fixed

they made the rogue necrolord ability not worth the GCD but ya know we got the conduit trees flipped....which undid their work of balancing the potency slots
    No one said the game was finished, if those are known bugs then beta testers did their job. Unless the point is yall expect them to magically know how to fix bugs.

And no. Being whiney and mean doesnt have anythibg to do with critiques,
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Immortal is in limbo trying to figure out how predatory monetuzation they can make for it now that game companies are getting sued for lootboxes and gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I'd take BS/Leatherworking on your main because there will be lots of money to make off Legendary components. Then make a Druid alt for Mining and Skinning to be your own supply chain.

Blacksmiths can make weapon enchants through sharpening stones so it's just as good as taking alchemy. Leatherworkers can make Drums and Armor Kits so it's also as good as Alchemy. As far as selling consumables to other players goes BS/LW are viable choices.
    Hmm~ Probably not going to make an alt just to farm stuff, so might go BS/Mining. Is it worth leveling it up in BfA, or just wait till Shadowlands comes out? I don't think I need max level mining, but will I need a high level mining?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Immortal is in limbo trying to figure out how predatory monetuzation they can make for it now that game companies are getting sued for lootboxes and gambling.
    Is Diablo Immortal even culturally relevant anymore? Seems like once Diablo 4 was announced all discussion around Immortal vanished. I so rarely hear people talk about it at all, and even then more in a fun way of how disastrous the announcement was, not how bad the game looks or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Hmm~ Probably not going to make an alt just to farm stuff, so might go BS/Mining. Is it worth leveling it up in BfA, or just wait till Shadowlands comes out? I don't think I need max level mining, but will I need a high level mining?
    I think mining skills are tied to each xpac now. So you dont need any mining skill going into SL. You can start right off in SL mining that skill up.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I think mining skills are tied to each xpac now. So you dont need any mining skill going into SL. You can start right off in SL mining that skill up.
    Awesome! That's what I figured. Best change they've made to professions in ages that. And looking forward to having professions become "relevant" since what? Burning Crusade?

Awesome! That's what I figured. Best change they've made to professions in ages that. And looking forward to having professions become "relevant" since what? Burning Crusade?
    Professions were kinda good - more or less - until Legion. Only Legion destroyed them pretty much and made them worthless, it just continued in BfA. Jewelrycrafting never really recovered from the removal of sockets on gear though, which is sad.

I really wish professions wouldn matter a lot more again. Sure, making them necessary for legendary crafting is nice, but I’m not sure if we’re there yet.

Professions were kinda good - more or less - until Legion. Only Legion destroyed them pretty much and made them worthless, it just continued in BfA. Jewelrycrafting never really recovered from the removal of sockets on gear though, which is sad.

I really wish professions wouldn matter a lot more again. Sure, making them necessary for legendary crafting is nice, but I’m not sure if we’re there yet.
    The introduction of optional reagents seems like it might do quite a bit for professions. Not to mention that the reintroduction of a guaranteed socket item should help JC immensely, obviously not to the former glory it once had, but it should be something.
    Personally I really enjoy the interconnectivity, not to mention that adding back single use items like sharpening stones and leather kits should help in giving crafting professions a steady source of income for when crafted gear stops being all that relevant.

All we really need now isadding more fun stuff to each profession to reward the players who chose it like spurs and such and we would be getting close to having professions be fully useful again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Is Diablo Immortal even culturally relevant anymore? Seems like once Diablo 4 was announced all discussion around Immortal vanished. I so rarely hear people talk about it at all, and even then more in a fun way of how disastrous the announcement was, not how bad the game looks or anything.
    It was never relevant for the west. It is developed solely for Chinese market where they eat up the microtransactions without complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It was never relevant for the west. It is developed solely for Chinese market where they eat up the microtransactions without complaint.
    I mean relevant as in people care enough about it to have it influence buying decisions. Is it relevant enough that someone will look at Diablo 4 and think back to Diablo Immortal as a reason not to buy it?

Nathanos spawning and the increased maintenence tells me this.

And I have been wrong before...

I think the expansion is releasing the 17th. We should know soon. I would guess by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Nathanos spawning and the increased maintenence tells me this.

And I have been wrong before...

I think the expansion is releasing the 17th. We should know soon. I would guess by Friday.
    At this point I would expect Blizzard to hold all announcements until both the wildfires and the presidential election is over and done with, which means no announcements until next week at the earliest.

Excuse me? Professions were required in WOTLK for hardcore raiding, here's a mmoc thread discussing which professions give more dps - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ng-professions

That was also true for Cataclysm.
    And Mists of Pandaria.

"irrelevant since TBC" lol
    Last edited by ldev; 2020-10-28 at 12:56 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Excuse me? Professions were required in WOTLK for hardcore raiding, here's a mmoc thread discussing which professions give more dps - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ng-professions

That was also true for Cataclysm.
    And Mists of Pandaria.

"irrelevant since TBC" lol
    Whoa! Calm down there with your dopamine hit for winning your internet battle of the day!

When I said "relevant since Burning Crusade", I meant as actually being able to make things that were BoP. The armor you could make in BC, the weapons? Those were amazing and I wish professions would go back to being like that! Hopefully the comprimise between crafting some BiS items and making components for legendarys will be pretty good.

I'd actually forgotten about things like the leg enchants/belt buckles/sockets that came with Wrath, but I don't remember Wrath having such good epics crafted as the BC versions, since people kept saying "I feel forced to run professions to be competitive!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I'd argue it was always just intended to milk the chinese market. Their only issue is that they already created a shit storm and if they neglect the western market with it in any way then they will just earn another one.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I don't know, if it'll be the 17th they could've already told us, couldn't they? And delaying for meager three weeks? I hope we're getting something more concrete this week.