7+ Year Old Account

9.0 General Discussion

Seems like the leak season has started for the next expansion. In the spirit of previous expansion threads (Legion, BfA) it's time to start the 9.0 hype thread where everyone can discuss what they would like to see in the next expansion and further and what they are expecting.

Also a nice place to post leaks and debunk in order to keep the rest of the forum clean. @Fahrad Wagner the brotherhood must return. And a race for Top Shitposter is on.

This time during Legion we already had a pretty decent datamine of something from BfA, Kul Tiras cloth armor, but this time around there hasn't been anything obvious as of yet. Hopefully the 8.2.5 datamining reveals something when it drops.

What do you want the 9.0 story and progression gimmicks to be?

As always, I am part of team world revamp, which I guess would fit nice in a black empire expansion.

EDIT: Mods do not delete leak threads, they don't know if it's real or fake. Stop saying "If it was real mods would delete it"
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51449325

Active Mod Warnings:

As with the spate of recent threads on this, gender/race issues are not permitted topics in these forums. Return to general discussion of Shadowlands/9.0.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-06 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added Warnings
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is time, MMO-Champion. Become what you must. Become the Shitposters of 9.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

This game needs a world revamp and a level squish ASAP. Any expansion that not includes that will dissapoint me
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

I second that. Revamp the old world with new graphics and new interesting quests.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    This game needs a world revamp and a level squish ASAP. Any expansion that not includes that will dissapoint me
    As far as the level squish goes, we have the info that it is planned for next expac. Would be a nice opportunity to revamp the old world (keep the current ones in view Caverns of time or something) and the leveling experience if they also revamped Northrend (and Outland?)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It is time, MMO-Champion. Become what you must. Become the Shitposters of 9.0.
    How many years have I waited for this thread. For the one that stood against the Taylor Swift memes.

On topic: What I hope for is old world revamp, dark ranger and unique class mechanics. What I THINK we will get, is in my signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earliest this trend has started I think, people really want to jump on the next thing. Can't blame the ''leakers'', a lot of people really want BFA to be done at this point.

Looking forward to the Post Blizzcon memes atleast.

How about an account wide progression system like artifact trees that no matter which character you play with you progress it so alts aren't left behind and a misery to play with the non stop grind to catch up - even with the 'catch up mechanics'

Revamp classes, they are so boring and quite honestly no matter how great the content is, if the classes are garbage people won't enjoy it and won't play, class enjoyment should be their top priority, most classes were good in WoD, the content was bad but I played because I enjoyed my class.

New ranged class, had lots of new melee classes/specs added, definitely time for a new ranged spec or two.

Less locking things behind rep - for example flying, it is so tedious, it should be given to you when you hit the level cap and got an exploration achievement, that shows you have experienced the content at least once. It comes across that the devs are very arrogant and have the 'I spent ages designing this zone and I want you to see it no matter how much you'd rather fly'.

Make rares rare again, not so common and more like people camping them and it feels exciting if you see one.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

As long as they reduce/remove Pathfinder I'll buy the expansion, otherwise I could care less about WoW at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Would be a nice opportunity to revamp the old world (keep the current ones in view Caverns of time or something)
    I really hope they have the courage to go all the way and scrap the old stuff. I personally don't think keeping an old version of the world serves any purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'd be down to see a Battle Royale. I like them and feel it could work on WoW especially if done correctly.
    Selling myself out below

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    are there any datamined unused stuff in current wow that might be related to future content?
    All I can think of is that vulpera mug

As far as the level squish goes, we have the info that it is planned for next expac. Would be a nice opportunity to revamp the old world (keep the current ones in view Caverns of time or something) and the leveling experience if they also revamped Northrend (and Outland?)
    That's my hope. If they are really doing a level squish, it will be the perfect chance to do a world revamp with it. I highly doubt that they will be able to revamp more than Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, even if they leave some zones as they are now (the Warfronts zones and Silithus for example), they will not be able to include, lets say, Northrend or Outland in the mix.

I talk about this in another post, they should made two maps in game, lets call WoW until BfA ''Old Azeroth'', and start the ''New Azeroth'' with 9.0, with a full revamp of Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, other continents could come in patches or new expansions, and in such way we can keep all the content that we have, but start over at the same time.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Earliest this trend has started I think, people really want to jump on the next thing. Can't blame the ''leakers'', a lot of people really want BFA to be done at this point.

Looking forward to the Post Blizzcon memes atleast.
    Legion started on 20th of July and BfA on 6th of July, so not the earliest. But I just thought it was about time to start a speculation and shitposting thread for next expansion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    How about an account wide progression system like artifact trees that no matter which character you play with you progress it so alts aren't left behind and a misery to play with the non stop grind to catch up - even with the 'catch up mechanics'

Revamp classes, they are so boring and quite honestly no matter how great the content is, if the classes are garbage people won't enjoy it and won't play, class enjoyment should be their top priority, most classes were good in WoD, the content was bad but I played because I enjoyed my class.

New ranged class, had lots of new melee classes/specs added, definitely time for a new ranged spec or two.

Less locking things behind rep - for example flying, it is so tedious, it should be given to you when you hit the level cap and got an exploration achievement, that shows you have experienced the content at least once. It comes across that the devs are very arrogant and have the 'I spent ages designing this zone and I want you to see it no matter how much you'd rather fly'.

Make rares rare again, not so common and more like people camping them and it feels exciting if you see one.
    Yeah, account wide would be nice but then they would have to put a hard cap on how much you could grind weekly. Wouldn't be that bad I guess but you know people would complain about timegating.

As far as the level squish goes, we have the info that it is planned for next expac.
    I remember them saying to be seriously considering it through a Q&A with Hazzikostas. And I remember seeing a survey about it but no official announcement about it's implementation for thr next expac. Can you link sauce for it?

Two hype threads?! I'm not sure I'm built for this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Honestly, I'd be down to see a Battle Royale. I like them and feel it could work on WoW especially if done correctly.
    Would be nice, but a bit unbalanced with how some classes are OP in 1v1 vs other

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I remember them saying to be seriously considering it through a Q&A with Hazzikostas. And I remember seeing a survey about it but no official announcement about it's implementation for thr next expac. Can you link sauce for it?
    The survey said something along the lines "Are you aware there will be a level squish in an upcoming patch(or expansion, not sure which)"

Edit: Found pic

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice, but a bit unbalanced with how some classes are OP in 1v1 vs other
    Of course. It would have to be tweaked in a sense, but I feel if done correctly, it could for sure bring a bunch of players back and watching it competitively would be exciting.
    Selling myself out below

7+ Year Old Account
    First page on an always (notoriously) legendary thread.

Couldn't give less of a shit about world revamp or level squish or any of that shit.

I just want good classes and good mythic raids. Plus mythic gear being actually useful and not worse than some shit you can literally farm doing WQs (Benthic)