10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    When doing the last set of the prepatch story quests, the big death angel or whatnot says something about "the soul of this planet." I remember rolling my eyes and thinking, of course the new plot about infinite afterlives and breaking death will actually be about the planets titan soul.... Again. Does anyone recall what she was talking about?
    Azeroth's world soul cause she's a Titan I mean Sargeras wanted to take her for his own Burning Legion needs. The Old Gods wanted to corrupt it for the Void Lords. Notice a weird trend?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Like I get why the world soul is a big target but I don't like that it seems like every villain from here on will be targeting it

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    he has some tie to the titans as they are known as the first ones (anyone who thinks this is incorrect you can see it in the intro scenario with the stone reacting to the heart of azeroth)
    That's a rather big leap. That the First Ones had awareness of the Titans and made their stuff react to them doesn't mean that they are Titans or even related, nor is that reaction necessarily intentional.

For that matter, are you certain it's the Heart? Because it is perfectly possible to do the quest without ever getting it. Been to long for me to recall exactly how the cutscene went... not even sure it was already implemented when i did it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a rather big leap. That the First Ones had awareness of the Titans and made their stuff react to them doesn't mean that they are Titans or even related, nor is that reaction necessarily intentional.

For that matter, are you certain it's the Heart? Because it is perfectly possible to do the quest without ever getting it. Been to long for me to recall exactly how the cutscene went... not even sure it was already implemented when i did it.
    the stone reacts to us which i would assume is the heart of azeroth since due to the timeline of events and the fact a character freshly leveled on a new account would go through bfa and have the heart so we would have it and thus have a connection to azeroth. You could argue it is because we are a "child of azeroth" but so are the others and the stone doesnt react to them.

We do not know that the first ones had awareness of the titans because we do not know a single thing about the first ones including who,what, or where they are. All we know is that they have relics in the maw and they react to us.

the stone reacts to us which i would assume is the heart of azeroth since due to the timeline of events and the fact a character freshly leveled on a new account would go through bfa and have the heart so we would have it and thus have a connection to azeroth.
    Actually, no. You can go through BfA without ever getting the Heart now.

We do not know that the first ones had awareness of the titans because we do not know a single thing about the first ones including who,what, or where they are. All we know is that they have relics in the maw and they react to us.
    What you're forgetting is that for this same reason we also can't say that they didn't, as well as whether that object was even meant to react to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Curseforge is suspending updates during Shadowlands launch week.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319169/...h-week?webhook
    Overwolf working really hard to make people hate them.

What you're forgetting is that for this same reason we also can't say that they didn't, as well as whether that object was even meant to react to us.
    Storywise you use the heart multiple times so storywise you have it

The object was meant to react to us because the writers made that happen.

Even taking the first ones out of everything the situation still happens where we walk to the cauldron and it reacts. This means that we have some tie to the first ones. The others there are also from the same planet. The artifact reacted to us and the dialogue pointing out that it is a relic of the first ones and it shouldn’t react to any mortal means a few things.

1. There is something special about our character which canonically is the heart of Azeroth.

2. There’s a link between the heart and the first ones which can both be argued for and against the fact that the first ones have a tie to the titans.

Personally I think archeology was perfect for this expansion but blizz is saving this for the “giant twist” to be revealed in 9.2 which totally wont be an obvious not twist

brand new character gets led to the heart at level 40

Seems like based on the new pre-patch questliens that the endgame of SL is indeed the World Soul.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Seems like based on the new pre-patch questliens that the endgame of SL is indeed the World Soul.
    Yes, as the Jailer wants to claim the World Soul for himself.

Like all cosmic deities really. Sargeras wanted to do it. The Old Gods wanted to do it. It wouldn't surprise me if the Naaru also seek to "cleanse" the World Soul. If there can be a Void titan, there can also be a Light titan. AU Xe'ra showed Yrel a vision of the Army of the Light purifying all worlds in the universe, and I am willing to bet they would appreciate the aid of a titan in doing that.

It is also important to remember that Azeroth is a particularly strong titan, almost a prodigy, as it was said she had the power to challenge the Void Lords themselves in their domain, the same Void Lords who terrified Sargeras. It's no wonder that every cosmic deity wants the World Soul for themself.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-17 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes, as the Jailer wants to claim the World Soul for himself.

Like all cosmic deities really. Sargeras wanted to do it. The Old Gods wanted to do it. It wouldn't surprise me if the Naaru also seek to "cleanse" the World Soul. If there can be a Void titan, there can also be a Light titan. AU Xe'ra showed Yrel a vision of the Army of the Light purifying all worlds in the universe, and I am willing to bet they would appreciate the aid of a titan in doing that.

It is also important to remember that Azeroth is a particularly strong titan, almost a prodigy, as it was said she had the power to challenge the Void Lords themselves in their domain, the same Void Lords who terrified Sargeras. It's no wonder that every cosmic deity wants the World Soul for themself.
    Hopefully it won't end up that every expansion has the same ending of having to prevent [Villain] from corrupting the World Soul. We have already had 2 expansions in a row do that story, 3 is really pushing it. This one would need something different to set it apart.

Hopefully it won't end up that every expansion has the same ending of having to prevent [Villain] from corrupting the World Soul. We have already had 2 expansions in a row do that story, 3 is really pushing it. This one would need something different to set it apart.
    Well to be fair, Sargeras didn't want to corrupt Azeroth. He wanted to destroy her before the Void could corrupt her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well to be fair, Sargeras didn't want to corrupt Azeroth. He wanted to destroy her before the Void could corrupt her.
    Regardless it was a case of us having to save the world soul from Sargeras, similar to how BfA was us trying to save the World Soul from N'zoth. It would be a bit of a letdown if SL also ends up with us having to defend the World Soul from The Jailer or Sylvanas.
    Now previous ones have also in a way had us defend the World Soul like in Cata where Deathwing wanted to destroy the world, but these last 2 have been very on the nose as to what the final boss is about, especially now that this is the third one that looks to do something similar.

It's just logical. Once you introduce a plot device like the World Soul of Azeroth that is SO POWERFUL, then it's just natural that every outside force would go after said World Soul.

As Xe'ra attempted to bind Illidan and reforge him as a Light creature, what makes you think she wouldn't try to do the same with the World Soul, given the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    As mentioned in Legion, Sargeras actually wanted to control the World Soul. When he was pulled back into the Nether as the portal collapsed during the Sundering, he had a vision of the World Soul within the planet's core, and he resolved to make the World Soul "his".

At the end of the Antorus raid, Sargeras attempted to destroy Azeroth because, in his mind, if he couldn't have the World Soul then no one would. It should also be remembered that Sargeras was trying to create his own Dark Pantheon to cleanse the cosmos, so he wanted to corrupt Azeroth with the Fel and add her to his Dark Pantheon. As well, he also tried to corrupt the World Soul of Argus and bind him to his will.

There's a reason why, during the Antorus raid, Sargeras decided to cover Azeroth as a massive astral cloud instead of... just stabbing it right from the start:

Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-11-17 at 10:01 AM.

It's just logical. Once you introduce a plot device like the World Soul of Azeroth that is SO POWERFUL, then it's just natural that every outside force would go after said World Soul.

As Xe'ra attempted to bind Illidan and reforge him as a Light creature, what makes you think she wouldn't try to do the same with the World Soul, given the chance?
    I guess. Still though, I feel therer should be a more obscure way of going about it that doesnt make it feel like we have just repeated the same ending with different villains.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of those are effectively consequences of the colloquial use of the word, so i'd rather strongly disagree with your claim. Most of these misunderstandings come from people thinking "theory" = "guess".

Besides, you don't have to have proper understanding of the scientific method to understand that "scientific theory" doesn't mean "guess made by a scientist", just like you don't need to know how exactly electronics work to understand that computers aren't run by little demons doing the calculations.
    I totally disagree on scientific method. I just cannot agree with you there. No-one who doesn't under the scientific method on a basic level is ever going to genuinely understand what makes a theory scientific or not. People who don't understand the scientific method strongly tend to see scientific theory as "guess made by a scientist". It's not a complicated or difficult idea, either.

Theory = guess is a valid use. I'm sorry. It's right there - usage 3 B - conjecture (a sadly rare word). Theory isn't a word with narrow usage in English. It's a word with broad and contrasting, even conflicting usage. Maybe we need a better but w/e. You're misusing the term colloquial, I note. I suggest you follow the link.

Conspiracy theories qualify as theories on multiple levels of the usage of theory, too. The main issue is that they tend to take things as "facts" which aren't facts. Likewise fan theories.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Storywise you use the heart multiple times so storywise you have it
    Not during leveling. Can't speak for Horde, but Alliance doesn't use it at all during the leveling campaign.

The object was meant to react to us because the writers made that happen.
    That's the writer's perspective, not the lore character's one though, so irrelevant to the discussion. Of course it reacts, otherwise the story would have been over then and there.

1. There is something special about our character which canonically is the heart of Azeroth.
    We weren't exactly normal people even before getting the Heart. That's part of the reason we got it to begin with, so no, that isn't it.

brand new character gets led to the heart at level 40
    You can't get it before that point. You don't automatically get it afterwards.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "There's Something About Azeroth" coming to theatres 2023.

Joking aside I agree, and I wouldn't trust those glowing chandeliers further than I could throw them.
    "A youtuber said so."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I totally disagree on scientific method. I just cannot agree with you there. No-one who doesn't under the scientific method on a basic level is ever going to genuinely understand what makes a theory scientific or not.
    Which isn't at all the point. It's not about getting perfect understanding of what the term means, but a basic understanding of what it doesn't. You do not need to know scientific method for that.

Theory = guess is a valid use.
    And i'm saying it shouldn't be, not that it isn't. Though encyclopedic entries on the matter disagree with you; guesses and hypotheses are not theories in any case. People just use the word for them anyway.

Most of those uses are incorrectly applying the word when it should be conjecture or hypothesis, something your dictionary (which is supposed to catalogue actual common use, not original intent or correct one) wouldn't tell you.

Maybe we need a better[sic]
    Well, yes, that's what i'm saying. Except that those words have long existed, they just need to actually get used.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those uses are incorrectly applying the word when it should be conjecture or hypothesis, something your dictionary (which is supposed to catalogue actual common use, not original intent or correct one) wouldn't tell you.

Well, yes, that's what i'm saying. Except that those words have long existed, they just need to actually get used.
    I feel like invoking the myth of King Cnut or Blade's "Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill...".
    "A youtuber said so."